ALL >> Business >> View Article
Drilling Tile Without Breakages Or Damages
Trying to drill through porcelain tile is one of hardest drilling jobs to get right. Just imagine that you have tiled a new bathroom, and you want to put up a towel holder. That means drilling a hole in your new tiles, and that as you know is just one of those jobs, that can prove to be darned awkward. One false move, one slip and you have one cracked and ugly looking tile.
It is slightly harder to drill through glass, but porcelain tiles certainly provide their own special challenge. In the main though it does come down to the size of the hole that you need to drill. A standard small hole for holding a screw or fixing is the easiest, but if you had to drill a hole for a pipe, then that makes it slightly more difficult.
So here are a few tips and tricks that will get your hole drilled without actually breaking the tile, or causing the tile to crack.
How Are Porcelain Tiles Made?
Like all my guides, I believe that if you know exactly what material you are trying to get through, then that helps you understand the size of the task you have to do. They are basically a ceramic tile with a very low water absorption rate, making them ideal for anywhere there is water or steam, such as a shower, bathroom or kitchen. They can be used on either walls or floors. You can get them with a glazed look or an unglazed look.
In the main though porcelain has a hard, highly dense and is much heavier than an ordinary ceramic tile. That is why you will find they are used mainly on floors, as they can withstand those areas of high wear. Then because of the way that porcelain tiles are “fired” in a kiln, it really does make them a great deal harder. As a consequence it also makes drilling through them a lot harder as well.
So now that you know what you are up against, let’s have a look at the options for trying to drill your way through them.
Business Articles1. Lhrf50assy | Eaton Lighthouse Pedestal Retro-fit Conversion Kits
Author: Devin Herz
2. Socrates Vasiliades |avima Iron Ore
Author: Socrates Vasiliades
3. Types Of Heavy Equipment You Can Hire For Your Business Operations
Author: Mantikore Cranes
4. Release Coatings Market Size, Share, Growth | Covid -19 Impact Analysis, Demand And Forecast 2023
5. Sap Concur Solutions | Sap Concur Expense Management And Web Services | Concur Aws | Erp Logic
6. Beautiful Tallit For Women To Grace Any Religious Event
Author: Galilee Silks
7. Why Language Translation Services Are Important?
8. Importance Of Translation Services In The World
9. Importance Of Hindi Translation In The Travel And Tourism Industry
10. How Are Translation Services Becoming More Important Every Day?
11. Gain More Followers For Your Blog By Employing Translation Companies In Delhi
12. The Best Turnkey Script To Use For A Multi-vendor Store Similar To Etsy
13. Office Rubbish Removal In London To Ensure Safe Removal And Disposal Of Junk
Author: Anu Walia
14. What Is The Best Journal To Publish Research Paper?
Author: Ravindra Sharma
15. Thermoplastics Is The Call Of Sustainable Future
Author: Michael Luis