ALL >> Business >> View Article
Drilling Tile Without Breakages Or Damages
Total Articles: 48
Trying to drill through porcelain tile is one of hardest drilling jobs to get right. Just imagine that you have tiled a new bathroom, and you want to put up a towel holder. That means drilling a hole in your new tiles, and that as you know is just one of those jobs, that can prove to be darned awkward. One false move, one slip and you have one cracked and ugly looking tile.
It is slightly harder to drill through glass, but porcelain tiles certainly provide their own special challenge. In the main though it does come down to the size of the hole that you need to drill. A standard small hole for holding a screw or fixing is the easiest, but if you had to drill a hole for a pipe, then that makes it slightly more difficult.
So here are a few tips and tricks that will get your hole drilled without actually breaking the tile, or causing the tile to crack.
How Are Porcelain Tiles Made?
Like all my guides, I believe that if you know exactly what material you are trying to get through, then that helps you understand the size of the task you have to do. They are basically a ceramic tile with a very low water absorption rate, making them ideal for anywhere there is water or steam, such as a shower, bathroom or kitchen. They can be used on either walls or floors. You can get them with a glazed look or an unglazed look.
In the main though porcelain has a hard, highly dense and is much heavier than an ordinary ceramic tile. That is why you will find they are used mainly on floors, as they can withstand those areas of high wear. Then because of the way that porcelain tiles are “fired” in a kiln, it really does make them a great deal harder. As a consequence it also makes drilling through them a lot harder as well.
So now that you know what you are up against, let’s have a look at the options for trying to drill your way through them.
Business Articles1. How To Pick Out Best-suited Menu Cover For Your Eatery Store?
2. The Power Of Words: How Words Effect You
Author: EWN Admin
3. Have A Glance On Antique And Vintage Diamond Jewelry Of New York
Author: Steve Son
4. The Mechanism Of Milking
Author: Delmer Group
5. Incredible Benefits Of Ivr Technolgy: I
Author: Surabhi Joshi
6. Buying Your First Cnc Machine
Author: Jaewoo Machines
7. Running Shoes Are Shoes That Are Used For Running Either On Roads Or On Trails Usually. Today Are
8. Mobile And Your Distribution Business
9. Reverse Osmosis And Ro Systems
10. Web Based Manufacturing Erp Software Solution
11. Know Odisha More Closely At Moodisha.org – Uniquely Created Database For Villages Blocks And Distric
12. Innovative Cr Packing Designs, Testing, And Manufacturer
Author: Jack Verhoeff
13. 5 Avoidable Mistakes Of In Laser Engraving
Author: Steven Glassner
14. Rat Guard For Ships – Buying The Best Quality From Online Stores
Author: Robert Smith
15. Automated Email Invoicing Delivery – The Route Of Transformation
Author: Jesse Chris