ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
What Are Various Iiot Solutions For Centrifugal Pump Problems?
Total Articles: 26
Centrifugal pumps are quick to install and easy to deploy in addition to being cost-effective as compared to Positive Displacement Pumps. Thus these are one of the most commonly used pumps for transferring liquids. These pumps move fluids using centrifugal force generated by the rotation of impellers. They are most suitable for moving fluid with relatively low viscosity that pours like light oil or water. Centrifugal pumps are used in various industries to pump fluids such as slurry, oil, mud, chemicals, water, etc.
Challenges faced in pump operations:
1. Gathering data about failure causes and working conditions of pumps through physical examination is difficult as they mostly operate in remote locations such as mines, oil rigs, etc.
2. Users operate pumps beyond their ideal working conditions and without taking note of downtime trigger.
3. Since industrial centrifugal pumps comprise an integral part of any industrial process, even a short downtime can delay the process affecting revenue.
Buyers demand innovative solutions for these problems. IIoT is Key to providing integrated innovative centrifugal pump solutions. Many manufacturers are looking to integrate this solution with pumps.IIoT has led the creation of smart pumps that are part of a network of interconnected pumps which can be monitored remotely. Such a solution links various pumping units spread over a particular area with a cloud platform. With the help of sensors installed on hardware to collect data, information is relayed to a cloud platform. This data can also be collected from actuators(e.g. drive current).
Various types of sensors that are being used to collect data they are:
1. Vibration sensors: Excessive Vibration produced by pumps is indicative of running condition, incipient faults, and centrifugal pump component failure. Vibration sensors can detect vibrations above normal levels to set out alarms about malfunctioning components.
2. Temperature sensors: Sudden changes in temperature of pumps is detected by temperature sensors.
3.Current sensors: These sensors are helpful in monitoring whether a pump is consuming excessive energy.
Challenges that can be eased by IIoT solutions:
1. Vapor pressure of the working fluid:
It is a pressure of the fluid at a given temperature, at which fluid becomes vapor. To avoid cavitation as well as bearing damage caused by dry running pressure and temperature should be monitored to detect if the fluid has evaporated.
2. Net Positive Suction Head (NPSH) and Cavitation:
Presence of cavitation causes serious damage to the impeller and leads to decreased flow. To avoid this damage the pump's net positive suction head required (NPSHR) needs to remain within an appropriate safety margin.
3. European motor and pump efficiency regulations:
Non-compliance can cause financial losses for users in terms of higher energy costs and penalty, while for manufacturers it can mean loss of a sizeable market. IIoT solution help manufacturers and users ensure that pumps are always functioning within compliance standards such as EU Regulations.
Benefits of IoT monitoring platform:
1. Improved maintenance service
2. Optimize product performance
3. Track excessive energy consumption
To know more:https://www.gowitek.com/iot/blog/industrial-iot-solutions-for-centrifugal-pump-problems
Gowitek is a leading Golang Development Company that builds Tailored Software Solutions by leveraging Golang and Google Cloud. We induce growth acceleration of businesses through Digital Transformation. By combining our expertise in Technology and Industry we focus on an in-depth understanding of business challenges and then devising solutions that are Simple, Scalable, Superior, Secure and Speedily delivered. So if you have an idea we have a Solution that is backed by innovative and Disruptive Technology.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Cloud Enablement Market Research Report - Market Dynamics And Opportunities
Author: Tanmay JSB
2. 5 Simple Steps To Select The Right Automation Tool For Your Project
3. Are Mobile Apps Worthy For A Company?
Author: Netleaf Software
4. Advantages Of Using Security Camera Systems
Author: Alpha Security Cameras
5. Global Gps Antenna Market 2019 : Size, Outlook, Trend And Forecast Till 2025
Author: david smith
6. Review Of My First Compact Tractor
Author: Kumar Ram
7. Iot In Automotive Market By Technology, Industry Update, Region And Leading Players (2018 - 2025)
8. My First Solis Tractor Review
Author: Kumar Ram
9. Fuel Flow Transducer 231
Author: Joseph Polizzotto
10. Purified Water Equipment
Author: Madhavachar Rangnekadr
11. Amazon Firestick: How To Install Updated Kodi?
Author: Aida Martin
12. Mobile App Design Trends To Take The Charge In 2019
13. 5 Best Tips To Build An Audience For Your Live Streaming Channel
Author: Aida Martin
14. Managed It Solutions: How It Adds Value To Your Business
15. Huawei 5g Cpe Pro Review
Author: Ericsson alex