ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Detailed Steps To Move Plants And Shrubs From One Place To Another
Sometimes it is required to move a large shrub or a plant from one location to the other. This can happen due to various reasons including wrong plantation or construction needs etc. It would be really great if the planning is done properly in the first place with the help of a tree planning advisor but even then, there could be a moment when you would need to move the plant/shrub. When this needs to be done, you will definitely need the services of a tree development consultancy if you want the survival of that life. This is because they use good quality professional-use equipment and are experienced enough to do the job. Also, people with back pain issues should not try moving the plants because a lot of digging work is required for that. The consultancies can also do tree risk assessment for you. For the purpose of replanting, following process should be followed:
Evaluation of the new site for the plant:
The professionals first evaluate the new site of the plant and choose the best one if there are many options. The new site should get appropriate amount of sunlight, the pH level of the soil needs to be suitable and other conditions should also be favourable for the growth of the plant. If there are possible issues with the new site, then more areas should be looked for.
Pruning of the roots:
Feeder roots suffers the most when it comes to replanting the trees. They are also the most important because they absorb all nutrients for the plant to survive. The pruning of roots using one of the tree pruning techniques might be required a few months before the actual transplantation is done. This will help the plants in developing the new feeder roots which are in the area of the new root ball to be moved. As a result, it will become easier for the plant to get transplanted as the shock will be reduced. The pruning depends on the size of the root ball. Also, the root ball should get enough exposure to air, water and sunlight after the pruning is done to maintain good tree healthcare.
When the final transplantation is to be done, a hole should be dug in the new location of the plant. The root ball should be soaked in water during this process. A tree planning advisor might suggest following sub-steps for transplanting:
The soil should be removed from near the root ball.
Root ball should be wrapped in burlap.
The plant should be moved using that burlap or any cart. Note that the root ball should be kept intact while doing this.
Set up the plant at the new location at the same depth as before.
Fill in the soil around the root ball.
Use around four inches of mulch for light mulching.
Provide adequate water to the plant for next season for its proper growth.
Environment Articles1. Environmental Sustainability In India
Author: Naveen S
2. சென்னையில் இனி தண்ணீர் பிரச்னை இல்லை
3. Study In Ireland
Author: Alamin Hossain
4. Luxurious Office Space For Rent In Nj
Author: Blau & Berg Company
5. Enoch Car Air Purifier With Usb Car Charger 2-port.
Author: Enoch Car Air Purifier with USB Car Charger 2-Port
6. Things You Need To Know About Green Waste Rubbish Removal Service In Brisbane
Author: Bruce C
7. Rubber Processing Chemicals Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
Author: Akash DADHICH
8. Alstasan Silvox: Silver Hydrogen Peroxide Based Eco-friendly Disinfectant
9. Purpose Of Renewable Energy
10. Is Skip Hire The Only Way To Get Rid Of Waste Fast
Author: George Warren
11. Ghg Protocol And Carbon Footprint.
Author: ge 3s
12. The Growth Of Carbon Footprint Development In The Uae An Example Of Water Bottling Company
Author: ge 3s
13. Know More About The Internet Protocol Television (iptv) Service
Author: Ryan Reynolds
14. Carbon Footprint A Measure Of Anthropogenic Pressure On Global Warming.
Author: ge 3s
15. Government Subsidiaries For Promoting Rooftop Solar Installations