ALL >> Health >> View Article
7 Simple Ways To Cheer Up A Lonely Senior
After retiring from full-time work and staying at home in the golden years can often create a situation where older adults start feeling depressed and become isolated. Here are a few effective ways to cheer up a lonely senior, suggested by expert Denver home care providers.
1. Do a Random Act of Kindness
There are several age-related health conditions that can make it challenging to perform day-to-day activities. Worrying about grocery shopping, staring at overgrown grass in the backyard only compounds the feeling of lonesomeness in the senior years. You can visit your loved one's home and mow the lawn or hire a caregiver who can take him or her out for grocery shopping.
2. Make a Social Media Account
With technology advancements, it has become easier to connect and maintain social ties with friends and family members. You can create a social media account for your senior loved one and teach him or her how to use it. Do not forget to brief about internet safety and potential scams. Encourage your loved one to find and add old friends to chat with. Reconnecting with a high school friends or watching a grandkid over video call may fill up your loved one’s day with happiness.
3. Bring Over a Pet
Lonely seniors tend to cheer up quickly when they see an adoring cat or puppy. You can also get a permanent pet if your loved one is able to take care. Feeding a fish, taking a walk with a dog, or brushing a cat's fur can provide your senior loved one with a sense of purpose.
4. Plan a Special Date
You can ask your loved one to attend a local event or accompany you to a play at the local theater. Attending events and socializing can ward off depression. You can also make it a regular event by reserving Thursday evening for dinner.
5. Hire a Respite Caregiver for Dinner
Older adults living alone at home usually feel lonely during mealtimes. You can hire a caregiver from a reliable home care agency. Denver , senior care professionals, can regularly visit to prepare lunch and encourage your senior loved one to eat nutritious foods and socialize regularly. The monotony of the day will break up with this arrangement, and your love one can enjoy a company of dedicated caregiver.
6. Give Hugs
Hugs can easily make you’re a senior feel loved. It will provide an emotional connection your senior loved one craves for.
7. Celebrate the Holidays
If your aging loved one is living alone or recently lost a spouse, a holiday could become hard for them to enjoy. Seniors with limited mobility or serious health conditions feel lonelier during events and holidays. You can enjoy Fourth of July, thanksgiving, Easter, or other occasions by having a small gathering or a large celebration. This will boost your senior loved one's mood and enhance his or her emotional and mental health.
Health Articles1. Embolic Protection Devices Market To Expand At A Healthy Growth Rate In The Coming Years
Author: MarketsandMarkets™ INC
2. Why Should You Opt For Routine Eye Checkup After The Age Of 60 Years?
Author: Blake Andrus
3. Calories Matter – If You Want To Avoid Obesity | Deflame Enterprise | Deflaming Supplements
Author: David Seaman
4. Ways To Take Care Of Your Joints During The Covid-19 Pandemic
Author: Ways to take care of your joints during the COVID-
5. Exercising & Knee Osteoarthritis: Should You Do It?
Author: Dr Mahesh
6. 11 Best Ivf Centers In Hyderabad | Free Consultation In Top Ivf Centres️️
Author: Best IVF Centers
7. Gym Protein Shakers In Best Quality, School Water Bottle
8. World Maleria Day
Author: rajat ziffytech
9. Some Amazing Facts About Invisalign That Takes Care Your Overall Health
Author: Dexter Brown
10. The Essentials Of Cbd Oil?
11. Is It Necessary To Remove A Wisdom Tooth?
Author: Paulo Pinho
12. How Travel Will Change After Corona Virus Pandemic
Author: Manoj Upadhyay
13. Why Is Selling Teeth Whitening Products On Amazon Lucrative?
Author: Shailesh Gajjar
14. 5 Natural And Non-natural Acne Treatments You Can Try
Author: Talha Azeem
15. Learn The Art Of Hatha Yoga And Its Benefits
Author: Rakesh Kumar