ALL >> Education >> View Article
Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions About Civil Engineering
It could be developing computer software or creating new machines and upgrading the existing ones. In case your interests lie in planning and designing structures, you should pursue civil engineering from one of the top engineering colleges in Pune.
To brief you about this discipline, its scope in India, and its career prospects, we have answered your frequently asked questions about civil engineering. Read below to know more.
1. What is civil engineering?
Civil engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of physical structures. These structures include residential or commercial buildings, and public works such as roads, bridges, airports, sewerage systems, pipelines, railways, etc.
To be a competent civil engineer who builds these structures, you must have a strong background in math. Math is used to scale structures and the roads surrounding it. Therefore, concentrate on your math concepts in 11th and 12th standard, as they are applied in civil engineering. You also need to be conceptually good in your design knowledge. You will develop the aptitude for design in your B.Tech in Civil Engineering degree.
Now that you know what civil engineering is, let’s learn its scope in India.
2. What is the scope of civil engineering in India?
With India being a developing country, there are numerous cities that are in dire need for sustainable infrastructure. Therefore, you can work for the government and help in rebuilding these cities. Similarly, you can also contribute to the urban planning and development of major cities.
When it comes to the private sector, top companies recruit civil engineers for their various projects. Some of these companies are L&T, Sobha Developers Ltd, Maytas Infra Ltd, Shapoorji Pallonji, Shimizu Corp, Jones Lang LaSalle, Jacobs Engineering, Alacriti Infosystems, TATA Consulting Engineers Ltd, Land Transport Authority, etc.
3. What are the career prospects in civil engineering?
As a civil engineer, you can have the following job profiles -
Water Resource Engineer
Civil Engineering Technicians
Your starting salary will range from Rs 3-5 lacs per annum. With more experience, your salary will increase exponentially.
Also, you can pursue an M.Tech in Civil Engineering from one of the best M.Tech colleges in Pune or elsewhere. It will help you gain more knowledge about your domain and improve your resume at the same time.
Now that you have detailed information about civil engineering, hope you make an informed decision regarding your career. All the best!
Education Articles1. Difference Between Blockchain And A Database
Author: Block chain council
2. 8 Unique Ways Of Making Your University Applications Shine
Author: Sushil Sukhwani
3. The Secret To Getting Better Results In Anything You Do
Author: UMAR HAMEED
4. How To Grow Your E-business Through Digital Marketing
Author: Setty Aakash
5. Cad Cam Training
Author: CNC Training
6. Role Of Blockchain Technology In Transforming The Seafood Industry
Author: Block chain council
7. Executive Management Program – Short, Simple Course For Those Aspiring To Be Top Managers
Author: Krutika Sharma
8. 13 Tips For Keeping Kids Healthy During Monsoons
Author: My schoolr
9. All You Need To Know About Online & Offline Assessment Company | Vensysco
10. All You Need To Know About Plagiarism Removal Services
Author: Ankit Rathi
11. Guide For Engineering Admission In 2020
12. What Does School Effectiveness Mean To You?
13. Best Boarding School In Maharashtra – Mit Vishwashanti Gurukul
Author: MIT Vishwashanti Gurukul
14. Iso Certification Innigeria – Taking Up What Is Necessary
Author: Jennifer Aniston
15. Tips To Build The Most Positive Perceptions For Your School Online