ALL >> Others >> View Article
Why Do An Mba And How To Select The Right B-school
Total Articles: 30
OK, let us get real. Which business school to study in depends, first and foremost, on what you want from an MBA education.
1. If it is to avoid looking for a job, because the economy is down, then any MBA college will do. This article is not for you.
2. If you want to extend your educational life, then this article is not for you.
3. If you want to run away from parental controls, then this article is not for you.
4. If you want a better job, do a correspondence MBA and hire a placement consultant, it is cheaper.
An MBA education is not theoretical – where you attend some classes, give a few exams and get a certificate. If you want to do that, see point 4 above.
The purpose of an MBA is the following:
1. You want to boost your existing career, and you are leaving a job to do an MBA
2. You want to be an entrepreneur. I am sure we can argue this.
3. You want a good salary
4. You want better growth prospects
5. You want to interact with other future CEOs. Most of my classmates are in senior management and helping to change the world in their own way.
For all the above, you need to select the right college. Such a college should have the following characteristics (and I know that I am in a minority here):
1. Does the college teach other subjects than the standard ones, like Emotional Intelligence, Critical Thinking, Relationship Management, Change Management, Business Process Management etc. This augments transferable skills in a student, which is looked at during a job interview.
2. Do the faculty members have industry experience and can they relate the theory to practice of management?
3. Are the type of exams mug-and-vomit or are the questions thought-provoking and challenging?
4. How many practical exercises and projects are done in the fields of team management, selling, negotiation, project management etc.?
5. How much encouragement and facilitation for doing outside projects during the MBA tenure?
6. What was the mode salary (what salary did most of the students get)?
7. Is the academic curriculum tough? I know that this is counter-intuitive, but the tougher the curriculum, the more your ability to handle stress – am important aspect in the job?
8. Does the alumni return to campus on occasions to mentor and give feedback?
9. What is the student culture – is it mediocre and not MBA oriented or is it supportive and MBA-focused?
10. Do the same companies come regularly to the campus for placement? This indicates that companies are satisfied by the quality of the students.
11. What type of jobs are offered by these companies. This indicates the quality of the specialization.
All the above have to be weighed against the cost of doing an MBA. You better be sure that you are getting your money’s worth.
Others Articles1. Fallopian Tube And Its Function
2. Outdoor Built-in Grills Can Make Such A Difference
Author: Dustin Perasso
3. Blue Ringed Octopus
4. Hire The Services Of Certified & Licensed Agency For Quality Structural Support Assistance
Author: Matthew Stacy
5. Hyip Monitor – Know All About High Yield Investment Program
Author: david winters
6. Emergency Plan: How To Evacuate High-rise Building
Author: ServiceMaster Restoration by PWF
7. Challenging Nature Photographers Know How To Deal With The Challenges That Mother Nature Can Bring!
Author: Leo Jaxon
8. Famous Indian Astrologer In New York
Author: Famous Indian Astrologer in New York
9. Amazing Interior Landscaping From Plantscapes Usa
Author: Michele Sokoloff
10. Gsssb Clerk Admit Card 2019
11. Top Indian Astrologer In California
Author: Top Indian Astrologer in California
12. Acupuncture Is Always Helpful If You Are Looking For A Natural Healing Process
Author: XUGUANG YANG
13. It Infrastructure Services
14. How Does Digital Forensics Investigation In Los Angeles Work?
Author: Cynthia Austin
15. The Best Strategies On How To Day Trade Cryptocurrency