ALL >> Marketing >> View Article
Digital Marketing Service Providers
Total Articles: 1
Marketing is defined by the American Marketing Association as "the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large". The term developed from the original meaning which referred literally to going to market with goods for sale. From a sales process engineering perspective, marketing is "a set of processes that are interconnected and interdependent with other functions" of a business aimed at achieving customer interest and satisfaction".
Philip Kotler defines marketing as "Satisfying needs and wants through an exchange process".
The Chartered Institute of Marketing defines marketing as "the management process responsible for identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer requirements profitably". A similar concept is the value-based marketing which states the role of marketing to contribute to increasing shareholder value. In this context, marketing can be defined as "the management process that seeks to maximise returns to shareholders by developing relationships with valued customers and creating a competitive advantage".
Marketing practice tended to be seen as a creative industry in the past, which included advertising, distribution and selling. However, because the academic study of marketing makes extensive use of social sciences, psychology, sociology, mathematics, economics, anthropology and neuroscience, the profession is now widely recognized as a science, allowing numerous universities to offer Master-of-Science (MSc) programs.
The process of marketing is that of bringing a product to market, which includes these steps: broad market research; market targeting and market segmentation; determining distribution, pricing and promotion strategies; developing a communications strategy; budgeting; and visioning long-term market development goals. Many parts of the marketing process (e.g. product design, art director, brand management, advertising, copywriting etc.) involve use of the creative arts.
Marketing Articles1. Teej And Rakhi
Author: garima rathore
2. Economic Status Of Sri Lanka
Author: Deepak pant
3. Global Flexographic Ink Market Is Estimated To Reach $16 Billion By 2025
4. Call Of The Hour : Outsourced Marketing
Author: Aakash Sharma
5. Lumiford Launches 2.1 Stereo Subwoofer Dock Bluetooth Music System In India.
6. What To Look For When Hiring A Lifecycle Marketing Agency
Author: Damon Za
7. Polylactic Acid Market Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Trends, Forecast To 2023
Author: Nikhil khadilkar
8. Global Fluoropolymers Market
9. Global Airships Market
10. Global Commercial Aircraft Market
11. Global Connected Aircraft Market Is Estimated To Reach $11.7 Billion By 2025
12. Global Guided Ammunition Market Is Estimated To Reach $xx Billion By 2025
13. Global Biomass Pellets Market Is Estimated To Reach $26 Billion By 2024
14. Global Biochar Market Is Estimated To Reach $17,050 Thousand By 2024
15. Global Heat Exchanger Market Is Estimated To Reach $25 Billion By 2024