ALL >> Health >> View Article
Morning Wood 101: Sleep Stiffies And The Morning After
Who can forget Steve Carrell in The Forty-Year-Old Virgin waking up and trying to manage a very rigid and ready morning member? While it gets a lot of laughs and guys nod at the reality of the situation, it’s actually a really important bodily function. In fact, if a man isn’t regularly waking up with a woody, he may need to book some quality time with his doctor or urologist. Waking up with post-sleep stiffy is a very clear sign of a healthy member.
Hard-ons in a Nutshell
To understand sleep stiffies, it’s important to first know how the “intentional” hard-on works. It all begins when a man experiences some sort of excitement or stimulation. It could be a touch, a thought, a beautiful potential partner walking by, or even just brushing against something. This stimulation causes his parasympathetic nervous system to release neurotransmitters. These neurotransmitters are little messengers, and they tell the arteries in the member to dilate so more blood can flow to the member. All that blood flow causes the member to get hard, and BOOM – hard-on. Simple enough, right?
What Causes Hard-ons ...
... During Sleep?
So, the big question about sleep stiffies is really, what sets them off? Is it only sensual dreams or rubbing against a blanket that can cause them? That could happen, of course, but it’s usually more biological than sensual.
When people sleep, activity in the parasympathetic systems goes up a bit. This slows the heart rate, relaxes the muscles, and ushers the brain into REM, the deepest sleep state. This creates sleep stiffies. It’s quite common for men to have many hard-ons during sleep, some say three to five is the average range. However, usually, men are aware only of the last one, when they wake up.
There are also some other reasons for morning wood. Androgen is at its highest during the morning and can cause a boner. Knowing that, it’s no wonder many men wake up wanting morning activities because they are at their most vigorous and virile. Some people also believe that sleep stiffies are caused by a full bladder. The fullness stimulates the nerves in the spine, which can create a tumescent member.
So, what to do with a sleep stiffy? Go pee, self-love it, or if a partner is present, maybe start a little gentle foreplay to see if a little morning intimacy is possible (just because a boner is present, it doesn’t mean everyone wants to enjoy it). For a little silly fun, some men like to see how much they can hang on it. Washcloth, hand towel, flannel shirt, etc. One thing a man should do with a sleep stiffy is appreciate it because it means his member is in good health.
Male Organ Health Tips to Keep Having Strong Sleep Stiffies
Having a healthy lifestyle is the number one way to keep having hard-ons naturally throughout life. Here are a few tips to keep your boner up and ready:
1) Get daily cardiovascular exercise – work that heart muscle because it fuels the man muscle below.
2) Eat a healthy diet with a wide range of vegetables, fruit, protein, and heart-healthy fats.
3) Lose weight if needed – it helps blood flow.
4) Quit smoking. Smoking shrinks and damages the arteries and nerves that make hard-ons possible. It’s also just not good for anyone’s overall health.
5) Manage stress to increase the ability of blood to flow where it needs to go.
6) Engage in a thorough hygiene ritual daily. Cleanse the member daily with warm water and a mild cleanser devoid of additives and harsh chemicals – a natural baby wash is a great option. Rinse well and pat dry with a soft towel. To seal the deal, massage the member with a specially formulated male organ health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin). Crèmes that contain vitamins like A, B, C, and D to promote member health and a natural moisturizer to keep this delicate skin soft and supple are good choices.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Health Articles1. 5 Natural Ways To Improve Your Memory, According To Experts
2. Buy Zolpidem Tartrate 10mg Pills Used For Sleeping Issues
3. How To Find The Right Cardiologist For Heart Issues
Author: Sunil Dutt
4. Herb Supplements For Weight Loss
Author: Jimme Stratton
5. Centesis Catheters Market Worth $633 Million By 2025
Author: Markets and Markets
6. Vascular Closure Devices Market Is Expected To Reach $1.3 Billion By 2026
Author: Markets and Markets
7. How To Choose Healthy Food For Home Delivery?
Author: Dr. Achyutan Eshwar
8. Assembling A Bicycle Do It Yourself Hypnosis | Hypnosis For A Healthy Body
9. Uae: All Set To Become A Global Healthcare Hub
Author: insights care
10. Best Chopper Ambulance Services | Limra Ambulance
Author: Limra Ambulance
11. How To Improve Your Mobility When Struggling With Freedom Of Movement Issues
Author: Aids 4 Mobility
12. Buy Xanax Online At Cheapest Rate
Author: Devender singh
13. Why Cellulose Powder Is So Important For A Healthy Life?
Author: Nb Lab Industry
14. Keep Your Digital Marketing Data Secure
15. Activities That Can Help Your Team Grow Together