ALL >> Education >> View Article
Help Your Child Learn Cultural Diversity
Total Articles: 1
In a rich culturally diverse country like India, cultural understanding, accepting and tolerating various cultural differences goes a long way in enhancing thinking and widening outlook towards each other. It is hence inevitable that our children meet people from different cultures with various backgrounds at schools and at the neighborhood to grow and learn about other cultures with open arms, explains a Principal at one of the top 10 schools in Dwarka, Delhi. Knowledge of different cultures and openness towards them help your child to break the communication and thinking barrier with others and it helps in overall development of your child’s personality.
So, as parents, we need to take initial steps to encourage them to be aware and accept other cultures with openness and proactively take measures to mingle with people from various backgrounds and regions and religions, observed by veteran teachers from the list of best schools in Dwarka Delhi:
• Respect : Children learn from their elders at home and at school. They usually pick up notions about various diversity and cultures from the kind of attitude that their parents or adults at home reflect, says a child psychologist at one of the top 10 schools in Dwarka, Delhi. So, it is us who need to make sure that we are not being biased and criticizing or letting anyone be critical about other cultures in front of children or otherwise also, as a family culture. Also, if you see or witness any traces of stereotyped thinking from your child try to understand where they could have picked it up form and make them understand the correct approach. Never make comments or degrade people about their cultural or community practices.
• Acceptance: As a family, it is important to understand the cultural practices of every region and religion and read and attain knowledge as a family to gain better clarity. Turning blind to the difference or keeping a critical eye on their every detail is ridiculous in this era. As we are expected to send our children to various regions or to other countries, with a closed mind they wouldn’t be able to make friends and accept other cultures and thrive, says a senior veteran consultant at one of the top schools from the list of best schools in Dwarka, Delhi.
• Explore: Always teach your children to gain knowledge and learn practices of other cultures without judging them or keeping a critical eye. Make them watch documentaries and movies which have educational in nature. They can learn from other sources such as Wikipedia, videos, blogs and other online resources besides TV channels, advice a senior consultant at one of the top 10 schools in Dwarka, Delhi. Alternatively, you can take children on vacations to other states to learn their cultural backgrounds and visit places of historical and cultural significance. Look for opportunities to make them learn and understand cultures of that city by observing its history, art, music, cuisine, ethnicity, etc.
• Interaction: Make them play, talk and share stuff with children of other religions, regions, and community so that you kids become used to witness the cultural diversity and value it. This way, they will always try to relate and appreciate other cultures when they will have childhood connections with them. Always make them take part in their festivals and rejoice with them and celebrate with others as it happens in schools. This will further enhance opportunities for cultural bonding and exchange of knowledge, advice one of the veteran teachers at one of the top schools from the list of best schools in Dwarka, Delhi.
Following these tips will enhance your child outlook towards other cultures and they will emerge as a global citizen in the long run. Teaching them respect and accepting differences that exist between cultures will broaden their mindsets and they can easily mingle and work with others as a team. All the best!
Education Articles1. The Right Economics Tuition For You
Author: Economics Tuition
2. Online Courses - Pro-elearning | Software Online Training
3. How To Choose Your College For Bms
Author: Indsearch Pune
4. Php Frameworks Guide & Top 10 Best Php Framework 2019
5. Top 7 Ui Trends Users Will Love In 2019
6. Rajasthan Patwari Vacancy 2019 | Rajathan Patwari Recruitment 2019
7. Why English Language Training Is A Must For The Students Who Are Moving Abroad
Author: Mia Seal
8. Real Fur And Its Benefits In A Brief
Author: Ravjit Soin
9. Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions About Civil Engineering
Author: SIT Pune
10. 4 Signs To Guarantee That You Have Chosen The Right Gofundme Alternative
Author: Steven Bergeron
11. The New Highlights Coming To Java 13
12. Options To Hire The Most Sincere And Experienced Security Camera Experts
Author: Mark Palsan
13. Steps To Become A Smart Driver For Getting A Better Earning Opportunity
Author: Alzbeta Berka
14. Options To Become A Qualified Teacher For Increasing Your Employability
Author: Alzbeta Berka
15. Advanced Digital Marketing Training In Madhapur Hyderabad