ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Explore Historic Places With Savings From Flights To Dubai
Dubai is a globally renowned city in United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the capital of the Emirate of Dubai. It is the largest city in UAE and home to some of the world’s famous attractions, including the tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa. The city has come a long way since it was established as a small village at the beginning of the 18th century. In recent times, it has attracted the attention of many across the globe owing to its large-scale construction projects. Various sports events held in this city have also contributed to the growth of tourism in this part of the UAE.
If you book your flights to Dubai several months in advance, you'll get to save a significant amount, which can be utilised for exploring the city's popular attractions. Among them are places that tell you more about the city’s history and traditions. One of these places is the city's Old Town, also known as Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood or Bastakia. It is home to several art galleries displaying many excellent items ranging from calligraphy to modern arts. You'll also come across old buildings made of gypsum and corals, which have been restored brilliantly by the authorities.
Al Seef is yet another interesting place to get some insights into the times when Dubai Creek was a popular pearl-diving base. This creek still has a strong presence with merchants and fishermen travelling regularly through the waters in the traditional boats called 'dhows'. A stroll through the old district would allow you to witness an open-air market featuring regional crafts, textiles, and restaurants that offer mouth-watering treats from the local cuisine. This traditional market or souk would transport you to the 1950s when the traditional Emirati customs played a prominent role in the daily lives of people in this region.
Hatta, a mountain town near Dubai, is yet another attraction you must never miss if you're interested in the history of the city and its surroundings. Visiting this town gives you the feeling of travelling back in time when citadels, forts, and towers dominated the region's landscape besides the magnificent sand dunes and mountains. This relatively quiet town is located on the Hajar Mountains. You can plan a tour of Hatta during the weekend and explore its interesting offerings, including an ancient fort. The springs and lush valleys of Hatta take you to a world that is so different from the city of Dubai.
You can visit the Saruq Al-Hadid Archaeology Museum to explore the history of this region. This museum is the first step towards the cultural developments that would transform the historical district of Dubai in the years to come. It features artefacts unearthed from the archaeological site of Saruq Al-Hadid, which was discovered recently. You'll be able to get some valuable insights into the times of Iron Age in the Middle East region with the help of this museum's immersive and interactive displays. The building that houses this museum was the home of Sheikh Juma bin Maktoum Al Maktoum, one of the former members of the Al Maktoum royal family, in the year 1928.
Travel Articles1. Book Cheap Flights Tickets Online With Spirit Airline Reservations Website
Author: Spirit Airlines Reservation
2. Meet Wedding Guests With An Affordable Car Service Houston
Author: Meet Wedding Guests with an Affordable Car Service
3. Experience The True Colors Of Rajasthan By Visiting Pushkar Camel Fair
Author: Rakesh Kumar
4. Extraordinary Prom Transport With A Limo Rental In Dc
Author: Extraordinary Prom Transport with a Limo Rental in
5. Everest Base Camp Trek - A Complete Guide To Everest Base Camp Trek
Author: Rajesh Thapaliya
6. Las Vegas Holidays Take You To The Famous Attractions
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
7. Visit Fantastic Attractions During Your Lanzarote Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
8. Gangtok Sightseeing Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
9. Maihar Devi Temple Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
10. Trikut Parvat Deoghar Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
11. Pushkar Savitri Mata Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
12. Dewas Tekri Mandir Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
13. Samdruptse Ropeway Namchi | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
14. Mata Vaishno Devi Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
15. Where Is Best To Stay In Buenos Aires? The City’s Top Neighbourhoods
Author: Deepak Nangla