ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Fuerteventura Holidays Take You To Some Mesmerising Places
The second largest of the Canary Islands located in the Atlantic Ocean, Fuerteventura attracts plenty of tourists every year with its fascinating natural surroundings. It was declared by UNESCO as a biosphere reserve in the year 2009. It is believed to have been formed from volcanic eruptions about 20 million years ago, making it the oldest island of the Canaries. The last volcanic activity on the island occurred between 4,000 and 5,000 years ago. While holidaying on the island, you'll not only get to see its amazing geographical features but also have the opportunity to explore its popular attractions.
One of the attractive places you'd like to visit during your Fuerteventura holidays is Corralejo, a town located on the island's north-eastern coast. You'll come across some majestic sand dunes that extend to about 11 kilometres during your visit to this former fishing village. In the year 2002, these dunes were declared a natural park. Owing to the massive size of the coastline, it hardly gets crowded no matter what time of the year it is. The entire area has been well-maintained and the municipality of this resort town organises various festivities on the beach, including music concerts. While on your visit to the beach, you can also indulge in surfing and other exciting activities.
El Cotillo, a charming village on this island, is yet another enchanting place worth visiting. It is located on the northern tip of Fuerteventura and is gradually gaining popularity as a day-trip destination for tourist visiting the island. Although this appears to be a small village, there are many excellent seafood restaurants that offer some delicious dishes from the local cuisine. Much of the popularity of this village is owing to its gorgeous beach called La Concha Beach. People residing in different parts of Fuerteventura also visit this beach in El Cotillo during weekends to spend some delightful moments under the sun.
You'll also be delighted to visit Betancuria, which is the island's former capital town. It is located in a deep valley situated next to a riverbed that has dried up in recent times. This charming town was founded by a Jean de Bethencourt in the year 1405 with the intention of keeping the intruders away. It was destroyed by a pirate named Jaban in 1593. However, it was rebuilt in the years that followed by the hardworking people of this town and was declared the capital of this island. It remained the capital until the first half of the 19th century.
Another attraction of Fuerteventura you can't afford to miss is Ajuy, a small coastal village. It is located on the western part of the island and is famous for some awe-inspiring caves. They can be reached by taking a small coastal road from the centre of the village that goes towards the north. In these caves, the pirates had found shelter and they used them as their secret hideouts. Jean de Bethencourt had entered this island in the early 15th century from the rocky shores of this village. During your time in this part of Fuerteventura, you can also explore the well-known American Star shipwreck, which is on the Playa de Garcey beach.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Digital Transformation In 2020: 5 Pro Tips To Ensure Success
Author: Brian Burell
2. How Does Nav Help Combat Wholesale Distribution Challenges?
Author: Sapna Gupta
3. Importance Of Equipment In Manufacturing Process
Author: Anthea Johnson
4. Sling Tv Losing Subscribers For First Time As The Streaming Race Continues
Author: Aida Martin
5. Call Center Crm Integration For Different Crm Solutions
Author: Zenteno peterson
6. Difference Between Traditional Desktop Web Apps And Mobile Apps
Author: Paul Adam
7. How The Blockchain Secure Your Important Data?
Author: Karan Khatnani
8. Significant Considerations For Entrepreneurs Before Social Media App Development
Author: Ash Rakars
9. Buy Cell Phone Repair Tools And Accessories
10. Why Small Companies Should Start Using Cloud Erp Solution?
Author: Sapna Gupta
11. Top Upcoming Trends In The App Industry
Author: Melissa charm
12. Intelligent Process Automation Market By Component, Technology, Vertical, And Region - Global Foreca
Author: siddharth mnm
13. Top 5 Successful Mobile App Development Trends In 2020
Author: Natasha Verma
14. Why Employing The Best Mobile App Development Company Is Pivotal For Any Business In Today's World?
Author: Micheal Joseph
15. How Intelligent Call Center Software Is Helping Companies?
Author: Ethan Jones