ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Annapurna Circuit With Tilicho Lake Trek — What Makes It Unique?
annapurna circuit is regarded among the top treks in Nepal and it is definitely for a reason! Diverse landscapes, cultures and ecosystems, extraordinary panorama of some of the stunning peaks and unbeatable adventure makes it all worth it. Combine it with a side trip of Tilicho Lake trek and the experience simply gets divine.
Highlights of the Trek that make it unique
The Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trek is considered unique as it is a complete package in itself. From natural beauty to some of the most testing adventures, from diverse cultures to the most panoramic views, this classic trek has it all. Some of its highlights include:
• The pristine Tilicho Lake which is the highest lake in the world
• Thorong La Pass, the world’s biggest mountain pass
• Kaligandaki Gorge, the deepest gorge in the world
• Magnificent peaks such as Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Machhapuchhre, and Tukuche among other peaks.
The Blueprint of the Trek
The Tilicho Lake Trek is virtually the same as the Annapurna Circuit Trek but with a little diversion. Starting from Manang, the route will take you to the main valley that is to the west (instead of going to the north of the valley to Yak Kharka and Tanki Manang) and passes through the last village of Nepal, the Khanshar Village. The trekking route goes up to Tilicho Lake and then to Yak Kharka and Thorung La Pass that is located at a height of 5416 meters. The route back starts from Thorung La Pass and goes down to Muktinath and then to Jomsom. A short flight from Jomsom will take you Pokhara, the flight is scenic and relaxing!
What to expect En route the Trek?
The 15 day power-packed trek has a lot to offer to the trekkers. Initially it is an easy walk but once the route gets connected to Kaligandaki and the Marsyangdi River Valley and the very adventurous Thorung La Pass, it can get a little testing.
It is a beautiful trek that introduces the trekkers to the most extraordinary panorama of different terrains ranging from Alpine to Subtropical. The landscapes are varied and ecosystems are diverse. The trekking routes are dotted with lush paddy fields and wild green forests; from rough mountain terrains to the deepest Gorge in the world. The trekkers trekking the Annapurna Circuit trek get really up close and personal to some of the amazingly towering peaks like the Annapurna at an altitude of 8097 m, Dhaulagiri at an altitude of 8167 m, Manaslu, Machhapuchhre and Tukuche apart from many others that form beautiful scenery in the background and complete the picture.
The flora and fauna of the region is no less either! There are a number of Orchid forests that surround the trail and make it look magical. During spring, the mesmerizing red Rhododendrons cover the entire hills like a sheet of flowers. There is a variety in the wildlife of the region as well. Snow Leopards, Jackal, Mountain Thar and Blue Sheep are some of the common species found in the region. There are several other species of butterflies, insects and birds that find their home in the region.
While every part of the trek is beautiful in its own way, the sight of the pristine Tilicho lake
at an altitude of 4919 m is simply out of the world and heavenly. The Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trek is a unique combination of cultural and natural diversity and for this reason, the trek ranks among some of the most popular treks around the world.
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. Book Cheap Flights Tickets Online With Spirit Airline Reservations Website
Author: Spirit Airlines Reservation
2. Meet Wedding Guests With An Affordable Car Service Houston
Author: Meet Wedding Guests with an Affordable Car Service
3. Experience The True Colors Of Rajasthan By Visiting Pushkar Camel Fair
Author: Rakesh Kumar
4. Extraordinary Prom Transport With A Limo Rental In Dc
Author: Extraordinary Prom Transport with a Limo Rental in
5. Everest Base Camp Trek - A Complete Guide To Everest Base Camp Trek
Author: Rajesh Thapaliya
6. Las Vegas Holidays Take You To The Famous Attractions
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
7. Visit Fantastic Attractions During Your Lanzarote Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
8. Gangtok Sightseeing Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
9. Maihar Devi Temple Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
10. Trikut Parvat Deoghar Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
11. Pushkar Savitri Mata Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
12. Dewas Tekri Mandir Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
13. Samdruptse Ropeway Namchi | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
14. Mata Vaishno Devi Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
15. Where Is Best To Stay In Buenos Aires? The City’s Top Neighbourhoods
Author: Deepak Nangla