ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Annapurna Circuit With Tilicho Lake Trek — What Makes It Unique?
Total Articles: 72
annapurna circuit is regarded among the top treks in Nepal and it is definitely for a reason! Diverse landscapes, cultures and ecosystems, extraordinary panorama of some of the stunning peaks and unbeatable adventure makes it all worth it. Combine it with a side trip of Tilicho Lake trek and the experience simply gets divine.
Highlights of the Trek that make it unique
The Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trek is considered unique as it is a complete package in itself. From natural beauty to some of the most testing adventures, from diverse cultures to the most panoramic views, this classic trek has it all. Some of its highlights include:
• The pristine Tilicho Lake which is the highest lake in the world
• Thorong La Pass, the world’s biggest mountain pass
• Kaligandaki Gorge, the deepest gorge in the world
• Magnificent peaks such as Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Machhapuchhre, and Tukuche among other peaks.
The Blueprint of the Trek
The Tilicho Lake Trek is virtually the same as the Annapurna Circuit Trek but with a little diversion. Starting from Manang, the route will take you to the main valley that is to the west (instead of going to the north of the valley to Yak Kharka and Tanki Manang) and passes through the last village of Nepal, the Khanshar Village. The trekking route goes up to Tilicho Lake and then to Yak Kharka and Thorung La Pass that is located at a height of 5416 meters. The route back starts from Thorung La Pass and goes down to Muktinath and then to Jomsom. A short flight from Jomsom will take you Pokhara, the flight is scenic and relaxing!
What to expect En route the Trek?
The 15 day power-packed trek has a lot to offer to the trekkers. Initially it is an easy walk but once the route gets connected to Kaligandaki and the Marsyangdi River Valley and the very adventurous Thorung La Pass, it can get a little testing.
It is a beautiful trek that introduces the trekkers to the most extraordinary panorama of different terrains ranging from Alpine to Subtropical. The landscapes are varied and ecosystems are diverse. The trekking routes are dotted with lush paddy fields and wild green forests; from rough mountain terrains to the deepest Gorge in the world. The trekkers trekking the Annapurna Circuit trek get really up close and personal to some of the amazingly towering peaks like the Annapurna at an altitude of 8097 m, Dhaulagiri at an altitude of 8167 m, Manaslu, Machhapuchhre and Tukuche apart from many others that form beautiful scenery in the background and complete the picture.
The flora and fauna of the region is no less either! There are a number of Orchid forests that surround the trail and make it look magical. During spring, the mesmerizing red Rhododendrons cover the entire hills like a sheet of flowers. There is a variety in the wildlife of the region as well. Snow Leopards, Jackal, Mountain Thar and Blue Sheep are some of the common species found in the region. There are several other species of butterflies, insects and birds that find their home in the region.
While every part of the trek is beautiful in its own way, the sight of the pristine Tilicho lake
at an altitude of 4919 m is simply out of the world and heavenly. The Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trek is a unique combination of cultural and natural diversity and for this reason, the trek ranks among some of the most popular treks around the world.
Travel Articles1. Cheap Heathrow Airport Transfer Services In London For Safe And Comfortable Journey
Author: jack pero
2. The Eminence Of Car Hiring In Bengaluru
Author: Manoj Upadhyay
3. Enjoy Your Stay At North Carolina Vacation Rentals
Author: Robert James
4. Sunset Pawna | Pawna Lake Camping | Camping Near Pune
5. Book Chicago To Mumbai Flights
6. 5 P’s Which Will Help You In Any Trekking And Hiking
Author: Christian Sheean
7. 6 Factors That Will Help You In Selecting The Right Hotel In Dursley
Author: Amery Ortego
8. Advantages Of Taxi Service In London Airport
9. Experiencing An Amazing Uk Day Trip At The Venice Simplon-orient-express
Author: Joseph Lister
10. Best Vacation In Egypt And Jordan
Author: Cliff Collins
11. Application Development Company In Jaipur | Application Development Jaipur
Author: ABHISHEK VERMA
12. Arrange Ebc Helicopter Trip – Gain Wonderful Adventure Memories
13. Tempo Traveller Hire Jaipur , Tempo Traveller Rental Jaipur
Author: hari narayan
14. Educational School Trip | School Trip Package | Student Trip
Author: kaushalendra kumar
15. Make Majorca Holidays Exciting By Visiting Majestic Places
Author: Daisy Wilkinson