ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How To Stay Healthy During Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
Annapurna Base Camp Trek will not just introduce you to some of the most breathtaking sceneries and outstanding locations but also to the brutalities of nature. Also popularly known as the ABC Trek, it is a moderately difficult one and requires trekkers to be physically fit if they wish to enjoy their trekking experience and the final ascent.
Not just the Annapurna Base Camp Trek, it is extremely important to stay healthy to stay hearty while on any trek. From something as small as a blister to as big as the Acute Mountain Sickness, anything can affect the trekking experience of a trekker.
We give you a few tips to stay healthy while on the ABC Trek.
Tips to stay healthy during Annapurna Base Camp Trek
• Take your nutrition seriously
Actually taking care of nutrition starts much before the trek starts itself. It is advisable to start eating healthy, nutritious food weeks before the trek starts, just like the fitness routine that starts quite early. While on the ABC trek, it is common to lose appetite but it is also important to make conscious efforts of eating complete meals at the required intervals. This helps the trekkers to make up for all the calories they lose.
• Stay Hydrated
Staying hydrated is as important as taking care of one’s nutrition. It would be wrong to mention any particular amount here as it works differently for different individuals.
On an average, 4 liters of water a day is considered to be healthy while one is on a trek but a better indicator is one’s urine which should be clear to a very light color of yellow. It is advisable to carry steel flasks and water purifying tablets as water is not just costly up there but disposing off the plastic bottles is an environmental concern as well.
• Go slow to tackle AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness)
While on the Annapurna Base Camp Trek, do not forget that Acute Mountain Sickness is for real and it must not be ignored! AMS can affect anyone, irrespective of the age, medical issues and fitness levels. One of the most important factors to take care of AMS is not to ignore any of its potential symptoms such as headache, dizziness or feeling of light head.
The other important thing to do is to go slow, and take time for acclimatization. The body can easily get acclimatized to the high altitude if it is given enough time to do so. However, the definition of enough time can change from person to person. So to stay safe stop ascending immediately at any signs of AMS!
• Get the right trekking shoes
Never underestimate the importance of a pair of good trekking shoes! They can save you off of a lot of trouble from blisters, to leg, foot or knee pain. It is important to carry trekking shoes that are not just comfortable but are also tried and tested previously in similar trekking conditions.
• Carry Antibiotics to cure Diarrhea and Sickness
As per a popular research, most of the visitors visiting Nepal are affected either by diarrhea or other forms of sickness due to the bacterial infections that are quite viral in the country. It is advisable to carry antibiotics while taking the Annapurna Base Camp
Trek. While most of the antibiotics that are available over-the-counter are quite effective, having a medical advice is preferable.
Staying healthy is the only way to make a trek enjoyable and memorable and it starts with taking smaller problems seriously and solving them before they become bigger and complicated.
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. Book Cheap Flights Tickets Online With Spirit Airline Reservations Website
Author: Spirit Airlines Reservation
2. Meet Wedding Guests With An Affordable Car Service Houston
Author: Meet Wedding Guests with an Affordable Car Service
3. Experience The True Colors Of Rajasthan By Visiting Pushkar Camel Fair
Author: Rakesh Kumar
4. Extraordinary Prom Transport With A Limo Rental In Dc
Author: Extraordinary Prom Transport with a Limo Rental in
5. Everest Base Camp Trek - A Complete Guide To Everest Base Camp Trek
Author: Rajesh Thapaliya
6. Las Vegas Holidays Take You To The Famous Attractions
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
7. Visit Fantastic Attractions During Your Lanzarote Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
8. Gangtok Sightseeing Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
9. Maihar Devi Temple Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
10. Trikut Parvat Deoghar Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
11. Pushkar Savitri Mata Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
12. Dewas Tekri Mandir Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
13. Samdruptse Ropeway Namchi | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
14. Mata Vaishno Devi Ropeway | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
15. Where Is Best To Stay In Buenos Aires? The City’s Top Neighbourhoods
Author: Deepak Nangla