ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How To Stay Healthy During Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
Total Articles: 72
Annapurna Base Camp Trek will not just introduce you to some of the most breathtaking sceneries and outstanding locations but also to the brutalities of nature. Also popularly known as the ABC Trek, it is a moderately difficult one and requires trekkers to be physically fit if they wish to enjoy their trekking experience and the final ascent.
Not just the Annapurna Base Camp Trek, it is extremely important to stay healthy to stay hearty while on any trek. From something as small as a blister to as big as the Acute Mountain Sickness, anything can affect the trekking experience of a trekker.
We give you a few tips to stay healthy while on the ABC Trek.
Tips to stay healthy during Annapurna Base Camp Trek
• Take your nutrition seriously
Actually taking care of nutrition starts much before the trek starts itself. It is advisable to start eating healthy, nutritious food weeks before the trek starts, just like the fitness routine that starts quite early. While on the ABC trek, it is common to lose appetite but it is also important to make conscious efforts of eating complete meals at the required intervals. This helps the trekkers to make up for all the calories they lose.
• Stay Hydrated
Staying hydrated is as important as taking care of one’s nutrition. It would be wrong to mention any particular amount here as it works differently for different individuals.
On an average, 4 liters of water a day is considered to be healthy while one is on a trek but a better indicator is one’s urine which should be clear to a very light color of yellow. It is advisable to carry steel flasks and water purifying tablets as water is not just costly up there but disposing off the plastic bottles is an environmental concern as well.
• Go slow to tackle AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness)
While on the Annapurna Base Camp Trek, do not forget that Acute Mountain Sickness is for real and it must not be ignored! AMS can affect anyone, irrespective of the age, medical issues and fitness levels. One of the most important factors to take care of AMS is not to ignore any of its potential symptoms such as headache, dizziness or feeling of light head.
The other important thing to do is to go slow, and take time for acclimatization. The body can easily get acclimatized to the high altitude if it is given enough time to do so. However, the definition of enough time can change from person to person. So to stay safe stop ascending immediately at any signs of AMS!
• Get the right trekking shoes
Never underestimate the importance of a pair of good trekking shoes! They can save you off of a lot of trouble from blisters, to leg, foot or knee pain. It is important to carry trekking shoes that are not just comfortable but are also tried and tested previously in similar trekking conditions.
• Carry Antibiotics to cure Diarrhea and Sickness
As per a popular research, most of the visitors visiting Nepal are affected either by diarrhea or other forms of sickness due to the bacterial infections that are quite viral in the country. It is advisable to carry antibiotics while taking the Annapurna Base Camp
Trek. While most of the antibiotics that are available over-the-counter are quite effective, having a medical advice is preferable.
Staying healthy is the only way to make a trek enjoyable and memorable and it starts with taking smaller problems seriously and solving them before they become bigger and complicated.
Travel Articles1. Cheap Heathrow Airport Transfer Services In London For Safe And Comfortable Journey
Author: jack pero
2. The Eminence Of Car Hiring In Bengaluru
Author: Manoj Upadhyay
3. Enjoy Your Stay At North Carolina Vacation Rentals
Author: Robert James
4. Sunset Pawna | Pawna Lake Camping | Camping Near Pune
5. Book Chicago To Mumbai Flights
6. 5 P’s Which Will Help You In Any Trekking And Hiking
Author: Christian Sheean
7. 6 Factors That Will Help You In Selecting The Right Hotel In Dursley
Author: Amery Ortego
8. Advantages Of Taxi Service In London Airport
9. Experiencing An Amazing Uk Day Trip At The Venice Simplon-orient-express
Author: Joseph Lister
10. Best Vacation In Egypt And Jordan
Author: Cliff Collins
11. Application Development Company In Jaipur | Application Development Jaipur
Author: ABHISHEK VERMA
12. Arrange Ebc Helicopter Trip – Gain Wonderful Adventure Memories
13. Tempo Traveller Hire Jaipur , Tempo Traveller Rental Jaipur
Author: hari narayan
14. Educational School Trip | School Trip Package | Student Trip
Author: kaushalendra kumar
15. Make Majorca Holidays Exciting By Visiting Majestic Places
Author: Daisy Wilkinson