ALL >> Furniture >> View Article
How To Use Ryobi Table Saw: Set Up, Usage And Troubleshooting
Total Articles: 1
#1 Setting up the Ryobi table saw
Before performing any adjustment or install Ryobi table saw accessories always make sure the unit is unplugged and the switch key has been removed.
How To Install Ryobi Table Saw Blade Guard
Step 1: To install the blade guard first remove the throat plate and unlock the riving knife lock lever.
Step 2: Raise the riving knife to the up position and return the lock lever to the locked position and reinstall the throat plate.
Step 3: For the anti-kickback Paul’s to press and hold the button on the side of Paul’s. Then align the center over the rear hole of the riving knife and release. The Paul’s should then be securely locked into place.
Step 4: Next release the guard lever located on the blade guard assembly. Lower the back of the guard into the center hole of the riving knife. Then push the front of the guard down until it is parallel to the table.
If the blade guard isn’t parallel to the table, the riving knife is not in the up position. After ensuring the riving knife is in the correct position, lock the guard lever into place. Ensure secure fitment before performing a cut.
#2 General Usage Guidelines
A table saw’s primary purpose is for rip cuts and to a lesser extent, for crosscuts. To make adjustments for the desired cut plug in the saw, insert yellow switch key.
RIP cuts: Rip cuts are defined as a cutting operation along the length of the workpiece or parallel with the grain of the material.
Cross Cuts: Crosscuts which are cuts against the grain or width of the material are typically performed using miter gauges.
A miter saw is ideal for cross cuts but for smaller jobs, a table saw may be used. The RTS10 and RTS21 table saws come with standard miter gauges that make cross cuts easy to accomplish.
The RTS31 comes equipped with a sliding miter table and miter fence that can make this process even easier and be used to support wider material.
To use the RTS31 sliding miter table saw you first locked the fence at the desired angle and then secure the material against the miter fence making sure to keep your hands away from the path of the blade.
1. Plug in the saw, insert yellow switch key and proceed to cut.
2. To set a bevel cut unlock bevel locking lever, adjust bevel angle to the desired setting.
3. Lock bevel locking lever set correct blade depth for the workpiece.
# 3 Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting RIP fence: Ryobi table saw fence adjustment
On occasion, it may be necessary to adjust the alignment of the RIP fence to the blade. A misaligned fence can result in inaccurate cuts or binding of the materials.
1. To perform an adjustment first unplug the saw and remove yellow switch key.
2. Raise the fence locking to the unlocked position.
3. Take a gframing square. Place it beside the blade. Then move the fence up to the sqaure.
4. Check the dimension by using rip scale. Then, shift the rip fence back and turn the square 180- degree to check the other side.
5. If the two dimensions are not the identical, loosen the two screws on the fence. Align the fence and retighten the screws.
6. Before making the final cut, make two or more test cuts on scrap wood. If the cuts are not exact, repeat the process.
Troubleshooting: Dado cuts
RTS21 and RTS31 table saws will perform non- through cuts such as rabbits and dados. They are designed to accept a dado blade stack that is 6-inch in diameter and up to ½- inch in width. To perform a dado cut a dado throat plate is required.
1. Check the operator’s manual for the accessory part number. You must first order a dado throat plate from Ryobi Customer Service.
2. The installation process for a dado blade stack is the same as the installation of a typical blade. Only you must use a dado throat plate in combination with a dado blade stack.
The Ryobi 10 table saw system isn’t designed to accept a dado blade stack.
Binding is usually the result of misalignment. When there is resistance, there is usually an alignment issue.
If you experience binding, unusual resistance or the motor bogging down during a typical application, stop attempting the cut and turn the saw off.
1. Unplug the saw and perform the alignment.
2. Check outlines in your operator’s manual.
3. Never attempt to achieve a cut when experiencing significant resistance.
Thank you for reading this informative article on how to use the Ryobi table saw.
Hope, this will be helpful to understand the Ryobi table saws, their set up, usage and troubleshooting.
Furniture Articles1. Choose The Best Manufacturer In Town
2. Fritz Hansen Series 7 – The Best One That You Can Get For Comfort
3. What Are The Benefits Of Catnapper Recliner
Author: Frankie Carle
4. Why Should You Have End Tables In Your House
Author: Tony Hill
5. Plastic Vegetable Crates
Author: Italica Furniture
6. The World’s Home Items At Discounted Price With Wayfair Coupon Code
7. Daybed For The Comfort You Want
Author: Frankie Carle
8. The Aluminium Doors Your House Needs
Author: Geeta Aluminium
9. The Website To Buy The Finest In Wholesale Furniture Online
Author: Robert Berry
10. Looking For Best & Decorative Laminates For Your Office? Follow Through!
11. Worlds Away Is Where To Find The Most Stylish And Chic Tables Online
Author: Robert Berry
12. Herman Miller Chair Parts To Repair Your Chair
Author: Sam Hall
13. Air Fast Industrial Adhesive For Marble And Wood
Author: Air Fast
14. How To Proceed For Wardrobe
Author: Regalo Kitchens
15. 5 Major Advantages Of Renting Furniture And Appliances