ALL >> Health >> View Article
Signs That You Need Root Canal Treatment
Root canal treatment is used to repair and save a tooth that's badly decayed or infected. The treatment is also known as endodontics.
What is happening to the tooth?
The tooth structure is made from a variety of parts. The crown is a visible part of the tooth in the mouth and also the root is the part below the surface that anchors the tooth in position and extends into the jaw bone. The main part of a tooth is a soft material known as Dentine that supports the tougher enamel on the outside. The root has a hard surface known as cementum but at the center of the root is the softer pulp layer.
If the blood supply or nerve tissue known as the pulp is damaged, it breaks down and bacteria start to multiply within the pulp chamber or canals. The bacteria and different decayed debris will cause an infection or abscessed tooth. In addition to an abscess, an infection in the root canal of a tooth can cause swelling that will spread to different areas of the face, neck, or head if left untreated. If you want to know more about root canal then visit Dental Clinic in Whitefield ...
How will the tooth get infected?
Nerve and pulp become irritated, inflamed and infected by deep decay, continuous dental procedures on a tooth and/or big fillings crack or chip in the tooth or face trauma
What does RCT actually involve?
During the procedure, the nerve and pulp are removed and the inside the tooth is cleaned and sealed. Without treatment, the tissue surrounding the tooth can become infected and abscesses may form.
What are the signs that treatment is needed?
Usual signs to look for include:-
• Severe toothache, pain when chewing or pressure applied
• Prolonged sensitivity/pain to heat or cold temperatures (after removal of hot or cold)
• Discoloration of the tooth (darkness)
• Tenderness and swelling in the gums
• A persistent or continual pimple on the gums.
However, sometimes no outward symptoms are present and it's only the infection gets worse and the pain will increase that a patient notices and gets it tested.
Treatments are usually performed in 2 visits and are usually not felt to involve any more discomfort than a filling as the anesthetic is administered by a dentist before treatment. In cases where there is already an abscess, the dentist could suggest a course of antibiotics which is able to reduce the swelling in the week before the root canal treatment. This enables the dentists to then use anesthetic for the actual root canal treatment itself.
The work is generally covered with a crown to make sure the best deal possible. If the root canal leaks then this may eventually cause the failure of the root canal. You’ll expect root canal work to last an average of around ten years but usually longer.
Dental wellness is the Best Dental Clinic Marathahalli and also Pediatric Dentist in Whitefield for a dental cleaning and dental issues under the guidance of Dr. Shobha. They are thoroughly committed to providing the best of care to the patients.
Health Articles1. Breathable Hourglass Waist Trainer Stomach Wrapping Belt: Here's Why Women Love It!
Author: Waist Trainer
2. Signs You Need Wisdom Teeth Removal
Author: Will Sievier
3. Why Is Fetal Monitoring Done?
4. 6 Ways To Secure Your Data As Telehealth Is On The Rise
5. How To Secure A Competitive Edge For Your Cannabis Retail Store
6. How Can Immunotherapy Assist In Curing Cancer?
Author: Rupert Cobain
7. Injection Pen Market Worth 41.38 Billion Usd By 2022
Author: Markets and Markets
8. Why Do We Need A Pediatric Surgeon?
Author: Priyanka Patel
9. Infini Treatment: Benefits, Features, & Who Should Not Undergo It?
Author: Sarah Morris
10. Cell Therapy Technologies Market Worth Usd 5.6 Billion : Large Number Of Oncology-related Cell Therapy Clinical Trials
Author: Rama Sharma
11. Does Soma Work Well For Seniors With Muscle Spasm? Carisoprodol For Adults
Author: Jessica Richard
12. Does Modafinil Affect Your Cognitive Vitality? Effects Of Modafinil
Author: Roy Martinz
13. How To Choose A Right Walking Stick
Author: Derry Hall
14. The Best Post-workout Bcaa Supplements
Author: jhon smith
15. Myth About Diabetes Care Spread Over The Internet
Author: withinme info