ALL >> Health >> View Article
Signs That You Need Root Canal Treatment
Root canal treatment is used to repair and save a tooth that's badly decayed or infected. The treatment is also known as endodontics.
What is happening to the tooth?
The tooth structure is made from a variety of parts. The crown is a visible part of the tooth in the mouth and also the root is the part below the surface that anchors the tooth in position and extends into the jaw bone. The main part of a tooth is a soft material known as Dentine that supports the tougher enamel on the outside. The root has a hard surface known as cementum but at the center of the root is the softer pulp layer.
If the blood supply or nerve tissue known as the pulp is damaged, it breaks down and bacteria start to multiply within the pulp chamber or canals. The bacteria and different decayed debris will cause an infection or abscessed tooth. In addition to an abscess, an infection in the root canal of a tooth can cause swelling that will spread to different areas of the face, neck, or head if left untreated. If you want to know more about root canal then visit Dental Clinic in Whitefield ...
How will the tooth get infected?
Nerve and pulp become irritated, inflamed and infected by deep decay, continuous dental procedures on a tooth and/or big fillings crack or chip in the tooth or face trauma
What does RCT actually involve?
During the procedure, the nerve and pulp are removed and the inside the tooth is cleaned and sealed. Without treatment, the tissue surrounding the tooth can become infected and abscesses may form.
What are the signs that treatment is needed?
Usual signs to look for include:-
• Severe toothache, pain when chewing or pressure applied
• Prolonged sensitivity/pain to heat or cold temperatures (after removal of hot or cold)
• Discoloration of the tooth (darkness)
• Tenderness and swelling in the gums
• A persistent or continual pimple on the gums.
However, sometimes no outward symptoms are present and it's only the infection gets worse and the pain will increase that a patient notices and gets it tested.
Treatments are usually performed in 2 visits and are usually not felt to involve any more discomfort than a filling as the anesthetic is administered by a dentist before treatment. In cases where there is already an abscess, the dentist could suggest a course of antibiotics which is able to reduce the swelling in the week before the root canal treatment. This enables the dentists to then use anesthetic for the actual root canal treatment itself.
The work is generally covered with a crown to make sure the best deal possible. If the root canal leaks then this may eventually cause the failure of the root canal. You’ll expect root canal work to last an average of around ten years but usually longer.
Dental wellness is the Best Dental Clinic Marathahalli and also Pediatric Dentist in Whitefield for a dental cleaning and dental issues under the guidance of Dr. Shobha. They are thoroughly committed to providing the best of care to the patients.
Health Articles1. Want Invisalign? Here Are 4 Benefits To Starting This Summer
Author: Peter Kics
2. A Reputable Manufacturer And Seller Of J1939 And Obd2 Cables
Author: Saimon Haris
3. The Importance Of Disinfection Wipes In Modern Cleaning Practices
4. A Full Body Pillow Can Improve Your Pregnancy Experience
Author: Ross Flynn
5. 7 Problems That Dental Crowns Can Fix
Author: Monica Quinn
6. How To Buy The Best Hotel Pillows Online
Author: Ross Flynn
7. Transcription Of Catastrophic Injury Assessments For Insurance Claims
8. Experience Our Signature Therapies At Travancore!
Author: Travancore Ayurveda
9. Understanding The Different Types Of Infusion Pumps In The Apac Market
Author: Markets and Markets
10. A Guide To Buying Weed Online
Author: Brad Hogg
11. 5 Ways To Build A Fool-proof Marketing Strategy
Author: Mitesh Patel
12. Tips To Hire Experienced Live In Caregiver For Cancer Home Care
13. Icsi Treatment: An Advanced Solution For Fertility Challenges
Author: SCI IVF Hospital
14. Having A Bright, Beautiful Grin May Do Wonders For Your Self-esteem
Author: One Love Orthodontics
15. Finding The Right Treatment For Chronic Diseases In Sugar Land Tx 77479
Author: Gentle Primary Care