ALL >> General >> View Article
What Are The Responsibilities Of A Nurse?
Hospitals require nurses for smooth day-to-day operations. Hence, a lot of them recruit students from the best nursing colleges in Bangalore or elsewhere. These students complete a 4-year undergraduate course which equips them with knowledge and skills that make them competent nurses. The competency is also measured by how they perform their daily responsibilities. Let’s take a look at these responsibilities.
1. Patient Care
Once a nurse is assigned to a particular patient, they undertake all the responsibilities of that particular patient. It includes managing their physical needs, treating their health condition and monitoring the patient’s progress. The nurse has to report all these factors to the concerned doctor to aid in the decision-making process.
The nurse has to act in the patient’s best interest throughout the process. To keep them in a good mental state, the nurse is supposed to talk to them in a friendly manner. If they take an interest in the patient’s personal life, the patient feels comfortable around the nurse and develop a bond. This helps in speeding up their recovery.
2. Patient advocacy
Patient advocacy is another important responsibility of the nurse. They are expected to convey all the medical problems a patient is facing to their concerned doctor. Based on the information received, the doctor can make a treatment plan.
Since patients are unwell, they are physically not in a position to convey everything. However, a nurse monitors them 24*7. Thus, they practically know everything about the patient. Therefore, they can convey the medical condition to the doctor. It works in the best interests of all the parties involved.
3. Patient support
Doctors have a lot of patients to treat. Thus, it is impossible for them to give each patient plenty of time. This is where nurses come into the picture. They concisely explain the patient and their family about health problems and subsequent medications.
Even after discharge, the nurses give detailed instructions to the patient’s family about taking care at home. In case a necessary situation arises, they make sure that they are available on the phone.
These are some of the responsibilities of a nurse in a hospital. They will be made aware of it after graduating from one of the nursing colleges in Bangalore or elsewhere.
General Articles1. The Sbi 2022 Exam Diaries
2. Sbi 2022 Exam Options
3. Key Trends Affecting Business Insurance In Canada
Author: Jason Davis
4. Hire The Best Mechanics Of Lg Auto Glass For The Purpose Of Auto Glass Repairs
5. Getting A Deep Tissue Massage Vancouver Or A Cupping Therapy Vancouver Is In Your Body’s Best Intere
Author: Elegance Massage
6. Impact Of Covid-19 On Perfume Ingredient Chemicals Market: The Challenges, Demand, Solutions And Opp
7. Types Of Accounting Software
Author: Anjalli Shah
8. How Can Asthmatics Know When To Seek Medical Attention | Breathefree
Author: Mezzy batliwala
9. Benefits Of Speech To Text Technology For Media Industry
Author: john adam
10. The Benefits Of Hiring Furnished Apartments In San Diego.
Author: Patrick Lauren
11. How To Work A Cuckoo Wall Clock Into Your Home Decor
Author: Bob Ellis
12. The Student Loan Crisis
Author: Damon Bryan
13. Best Astrologer In England | Famous Astrologer In England
Author: Astrologer Shiv Kumar
14. How To Pick Out A Cuckoo Clock
Author: Bob Ellis
15. More Than Airsoft Guns: Other Essentials Of The Sport
Author: Alex Paterakis