ALL >> General >> View Article
A Complete Overview Of The Snap Exam
Being one of the most popular MBA entrance exams in India, the preparations for the Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) among students are in full swing. It is a national level management exam conducted by the Symbiosis International University (SIU). Over 60k students appear for it across 92 cities, in the hope of getting accepted at one of Symbiosis’s esteemed B-schools. This is because these schools rank amongst the top 10 to 20 B-schools in our country.
To excel in such a competitive exam, it is important to learn every aspect of it.
This includes having a complete understanding of the paper pattern, syllabus, and effective ways to prepare for it. To help you out with this, we have written a complete overview of the SNAP test. This includes everything under the umbrella; from what the exam is all about, to how to excel in the entrance exam for Symbiosis’s MBA.
Let’s begin with the paper pattern.
SNAP Paper Pattern 2019
Previously, SNAP consisted of 150 MCQ questions. However, SIU changed the paper pattern last season. The latest paper pattern is as follows:
· The total number of questions came down from 150 to 130 questions. Also, non-MCQ questions were introduced.
· The paper comprised of 110 MCQ questions and 20 non-MCQ questions.
· Each MCQ question is of 1 mark each while non-MCQ, also known as special questions are of 2 marks each.
· Negative marking is applicable. This means you will lose a 1/4th mark for every wrong MCQ question. For every wrong special question, you will lose 0.5 marks.
· The duration of this test is 120 mins i.e. 2 hrs.
· There are no sectional cut-offs.
Now that you know the paper pattern, let’s proceed towards the syllabus.
The SNAP test 2019 is divided into four sections – Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, Analytical & Logical Reasoning, and General Knowledge. Let’s look at the syllabus for each section step by step.
1. Verbal ability
Verbal ability is a section that is designed to measure a candidate’s ability to: quickly and accurately comprehend written information. The MCQ and special questions comprise of the following topics mentioned below.
· Reading Comprehension
· Synonyms and Antonyms
· Sentence Completion
· Sentence Correction and Error Spotting
· Jumbled Paragraphs
· Vocabulary based questions
How to ace the Verbal Ability section in SNAP
To ace this section, you require regular practice. You should start by solving two RCs a day. It will improve your reading speed and also help you understand the author’s point of view.
Also, SIU is known to ask RCs ranging in subjects like economics, social awareness, sports, politics, etc. in the SNAP test. This is why you should read articles online and opinion pieces daily to get accustomed to these topics. While reading these articles, you are bound to stumble upon new words. Learning the meaning of those words will improve your vocabulary and help you understand the overall context of the passage. Moreover, a good grasp on vocabulary helps in solving vocabulary based questions like synonyms, antonyms, word meanings, idioms completion, etc. Apart from reading RCs, another way to enhance your vocabulary is by buying the ‘Word power made easy’ book by Norman-Lewis.
2. Quantitative Aptitude
This section consists of 30 MCQs and 5 non-MCQs. Quantitative Aptitude (QA) is carefully curated to test the basic and advanced math knowledge of students. The syllabus of this section is as follows”
QA is divided into two sections:
B. Data Interpretation.
Math is divided into further subsections
1. Arithmetic – Percentages, profit & loss, averages, mixtures, time and work, etc
3. Number system – Unit’s digit, digital root, divisibility rules, real numbers, prime numbers, natural numbers, and whole numbers
4. Algebra – Expressions and Inequalities, equations and functions, etc.
5. Higher Math – Set theory, probability, permutation and combination etc
B. Data interpretation consists of
· Pie Charts
· Bar Graphs
How to score well in Quantitive Aptitude
To score well in this test, you need to attempt maximum quant questions in minimal time. Therefore, you should memorize formulas of all the essential chapters, practice shortcut methods which will help solve problems quickly and more. Also, keep in mind the quant syllabus is pretty vast and considered to be the toughest. This is why you must solve at least 5-10 questions a day. This will not only lead to regular practice but also help in keeping up with the pace of the syllabus. To adequately prepare for this section, you can refer the books by S Chand or RS Aggarwal.
3. Analytical & Logical Reasoning
This section consists of the same number of MCQs and special questions.. Let’s take a look at the syllabus.
· Blood Relations
· Linear arrangements
· Matrix arrangements
· Statement and Conclusions
· Cause and Effect
· Assertion and Reasoning
· Clocks & Calendars
How to prepare for Analytical and Logical Reasoning in SNAP 2019
The purpose of this section is to test the thinking capacity and speed of students. This is why this section consists of puzzles, number series, analogies and more. To ensure you can solve different types of questions without investing too much time, you cannot skip a day without practising. For this, you can buy the reasoning books written by RS Aggarwal or Arun Sharma. These books are updated with the latest types of questions and popular among management aspirants.
4. General Knowledge
After covering 3 sections and 105 questions, we have arrived in the last section – General Knowledge (GK). Like many other post graduate entrance exams, GK is an essential part of SNAP. It comprises of 25 questions; 20 MCQ and 5 non-MCQ.
Unlike the other sections, there is no specific portion for GK. You have to be aware of as many events as possible that have happened in a calendar year and in the past. Therefore, the ideal way of preparing for current affairs is to read daily and update yourself with what has happened throughout the week. Repeat this process every week until the day of the exam. You should also be well-informed about history, geography, sports and famous brands. Manorma’s yearbook is an absolute must for current affairs. There are various books available for static GK.
Now that students know with the entire paper pattern and syllabus, they can prepare a strategy for the SNAP test. This strategy will also come in handy while preparing for upcoming MBA entrance exams with a similar syllabus.
Excelling in SNAP and the subsequent GD-PI will open doors for an MBA from SIU, one of the most coveted institutes in the country. Graduating from SIU can lead to great work opportunities for students in their field of interest. They are guaranteed to lead a prosperous career.
General Articles1. How To Immigrate To Australia In Less Time With The Visa Subclass 491
Author: Neha Dixit
2. The Theoretical Framework And Empirical Framework In Dissertation Research
3. Attractive Features To Incorporate During Uber For Babysitter App Development
Author: Angelina Jo
4. International Youth Day - A Celebration To Encourage Tomorrow’s Thinkers
Author: Akshaya Patra
5. Various Ways The Covid-19 Has Impacted The World Around
Author: Alexander Ethan
6. Buy Protective Back Cover Online At A Minimal Price
Author: Digi singh
7. How To Expand Your Business In Times Of Covid-19
Author: EMedStore Global Pharma IT Company
8. Complete Your Carbide End Mill Set At Online Carbide
Author: Geoffrey Less
9. Tips For Using Spot Drills And Carbide Drill Bits
Author: Geoffrey Less
10. The Toppers Tips To Crack Sbi Po Exam Diaries
11. The Best Side Of Sbi Online Result 2019
12. When To Insure Musical Instruments And How Beneficial It Is?
Author: joseph white
13. Smart Glass Market Size Report, Share Outlook, Industry Growth, Revenue, And Growth Forecast To 2
14. Thread Mill Pipe Threads With Carbide Cutters
Author: Geoffrey Less
15. Carbide Thread Mills For Npt, Nptf, Un, And Metric Threads
Author: Geoffrey Less