ALL >> Health >> View Article
What You Ought To Know About Stent Placement
Did you know more than half a million people had a hospital stay in the past year that included the placement of a stent? But, what do you mean by stent placement, and who is it for? Read on to find the answer for the most intriguing question.
What is a Stent?
A stent is a tiny, expandable metal mesh coil that a doctor places in an artery or duct to help keep it open and restore the flow of bodily fluids in the area. They are also made of fabric which is more commonly used when treating larger arteries. It helps relieve blockages and treat narrow or weakened arteries. Getting stent placement from the best angio center in Maduraican,
- Open narrowed arteries
- Reduce symptoms related to heart disease
- Help treat a heart attack
Different Types of Stent
- Drug-eluting stents
- Bare metal stents
They are coated with medicine that is continuously released into the artery long after the stent placement is over, with the goal of hopefully preventing the artery from becoming clogged again.
Bare Metal Stents
Usually, these type of stents do not have any drug coating and the better candidates for bare metal stents are people with high risk of bleeding.
Are Stents Beneficial?
According to the reports of The American Journal of Cardiology, they found no difference in mortality rates between patients who underwent angioplasty alone versus revascularization with coronary stents.
What to Expect?
- Before the surgery, the patients must get advice from their doctors on when to stop eating and drinking, as well as when to start or stop taking medications.
- If you have any health conditions such as diabetes or kidney disease, you must tell your doctor beforehand.
- During the procedure, doctors will administer medication to help the person relax. They will also numb the area where they insert the catheter.
- Doctors deflate the balloon and remove the catheter, after placing the stent. They bandage the area where the catheter entered the skin and put pressure on the bandage to help prevent bleeding.
- After the procedure, the hospital staff will monitor the person and regularly check the person's heart rate and blood pressure. If there are no complications, the patient can leave the hospital within a few days.
Devadoss Hospitals Pvt Ltd, the leading super specialty hospital in Madurai specializes in angioplasty and drug eluted stenting. The facility includes Ultra-Modern Laminar Air Flow Cardiothoracic Theater, Dedicated Cardiothoracic ICU, GE Cath Lab, Modern Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU) with all facilities, Dedicated Cardiothoracic and Cardiac Care Team, and more. They are also recognized as the best ortho hospital in Madurai.
The author of this article is a leading medical representative with over a decade of experience in the industry. He write about the best super specialty hospital in Madurai and gives regular updates on the advanced medical treatments available. Visit https://www.devadosshospitals.com for more information.
Devadoss Hospital is a tertiary referral hospital with wide ranging facilities and dedicated, comprehensive team of multi-disciplinary medical experts. Our main focus is highest quality of healthcare thereby our ultramodern hospital is governed by ISO 9001:2015 certification as well as NABH Entry Level Accreditation. Our Chairman Prof. Dr. A. Devadoss is well known in the region practicing orthopaedic surgery for the last 50 years. His vision to provide the best multi-disciplinary healthcare under one roof has brought about this state-of-the-art multispecialty hospital.
Health Articles1. How To Take Tramadol Medicine And Things You Need To Inform Your Doctor?
Author: Johnny Sins
2. Zopiclone 7.5mg:- An Insomnia Drug And Precautions
3. How To Hire An Orthodontist?
Author: Calvin Carey
4. Understanding The Need Of Dental Insurance For Best Orthodontist In Brooklyn
Author: Dr. David Dayan
5. Buy Vahdam Darjeeling Black Teas Online
Author: Vahdam Tea
6. Important Things To Know About Corporate Office Massages
Author: James Johnson
7. Liposuction Is A Safe Way To Lose Fat!
Author: Jason Faulkner
8. Male Organ Sensitivity Preservation: What It Is And How To Keep It
Author: John Dugan
9. Should You Gift Your Parents The Electric Toothbrush?
Author: Berry Adams
10. Stretch Marks Treatment
Author: Sonali Shinde
11. Diagnostic Tests For Determining Tumescence Dysfunction
Author: John Dugan
12. Glucosamine/ Chondroitin | Anti-inflammatory Education
Author: David Seaman
13. 4 Things To Keep In Mind While Applying For A Home Loan
14. How To Deal With Thyroid?
Author: Rakesh K Srivastava
15. Buy Soma 350 Mg Online – Soma Uses & Side Effects | Carisoprodol 350 Mg
Author: Emily Graham