ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Access And Change Dns Settings In Windows 10 Pc
Total Articles: 75
Most of the users do not know what DNS is and how to change the settings for it. Don’t worry, in this article, you’ll get to know all about it. Every time when you sign up for the internet access, your device will assign with required network settings, including DNS address. This setting enables you to access the internet, the sites you open, online services you use, the files you download, and all use these settings. Though, the DNS server you’re using may not be very secure, or slower. You can always change the settings to use a more secure and reliable DNS server. In Windows 10, you can access the DNS Settings from three simple ways and also edit from there. So, if you also want to change the DNS settings in your Windows 10 computer, use the given methods.
Note: Changing the DNS settings is not as complicated as installing a new operating system. But, before you edit it, save the settings your device currently using. This will work as a backup, in case something goes wrong or doesn’t work at that time you’ll have a way to come back.
How to access and change DNS Settings in Windows 10 through Command Prompt
If you like to use the commands, then this method is for you. However, you have two more ways to edit DNS settings. If you don’t want to use commands or find it difficult, you can use them.
1. Launch ‘Start.’
2. Type ‘command prompt’ in the search and press ‘Enter.’
3. Right click on the first result.
4. Then click ‘Run as administrator.’
5. You’ll see command prompt windows on the screen, and now you’ve to enter the commands.
6. Type “netsh” and press ‘Enter’ to edit the network settings.
7. Type “interface show interface” and press ‘Enter’ to check the title of the network adapter. Note down the network adapter name you’ll need to enter it in the next command.
8. Now, type “interface ip set dns name= “ADAPTER-NAME ” source=”static” address=”X.X.X.X” and press ‘Enter’. Make sure to change the ADAPTER-NAME with the network adapter name you see above (in Step 7), and X.X.X.X with the IP address you’d like to use.
9. After that, type “interface ip add dns name=”ADAPTER-NAME” addr=”X.X.X.X” index=2″ and press ‘Enter’ this will add the alternative IP address. Remember to change the information in command with the settings you want to use.
10. You can repeat the complete procedure to add more DNS server. Just increase the index number by 1 for each new DNS address.
Once complete all the settings, your Windows 10 system will now use the new DNS server you’ve set.
How to access and change DNS Settings in Windows 10 through Settings
Possibly, most of you find the above method little complex. Truly, it is complicated, and people make many mistakes in it. Leave it! Follow these steps.
1. Go to the ‘Network & Internet’ section in Settings.
2. Then click on your connection – Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
3. Select your network connection.
4. Click on the ‘Edit’ button under ‘IP settings.’ It is at the middle of the page and opens a small window Edit IP settings on the screen.
5. Now, click the top box and select ‘Manual.’
6. Then click the ‘IPv4’ switch and turn it on.
7. Enter the ‘Preferred DNS’ address and ‘Alternate DNS’ address you want to use.
8. Click the ‘Save’ button.
9. Quit all the programs and windows.
10. And restart the computer.
Once your computer restarts, all the changes will come into effect. Now, browse the internet with new settings.
How to access and change DNS Settings in Windows 10 through Control Panel
You can also use the Control Panel to edit DNS settings; here is how.
1. Open ‘Network and Internet’ settings in Control Panel.
2. Under it, click on the ‘Network and Sharing Center.’
3. Then in the left panel, click ‘Change adapter settings.’
4. Now, right click on your connection – Ethernet or Wi-Fi and click ‘Properties’.
5. Scroll down in the items box and select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’.
6. Next, click the ‘Properties’ button.
7. Click the radio button of ‘Use the following DNS server address.’
8. Enter the ‘Preferred DNS server’ and Alternate DNS server you want to use.
9. Click ‘OK.’
10. And click ‘Close.’
Finish! Now, browse more securely with your DNS server.
Source :- https://mcafee-activate-en.com/how-to-access-and-change-dns-settings-in-windows-10-pc/
I am a Blogger and Designer .My interests range from technology to design. I am also interested in programming and education. visit :- https://www-mcafee-activate.com/ | https://mcafee-activate.me/ | https://how-to-setup.org/ |https://mfoffice.org/|https://macfeeactivate.com/
Computers Articles1. Top 5 Android Battery Apps Available In 2019
2. What Is Network Solution And How It Is Useful For Small Business
Author: Shireesha Yerla
3. Brother Printer Support
Author: David Dobrik
4. Computer Repair Service Providers In Hyderabad
Author: Pankaj Maharaja
5. How Hardware As A Service Is Changing The Real Business World
6. How To Fix Excel Document Not Saved Error
Author: Aida Martin
7. Pinky Yadav Fashion & Lifestyle Blogger India
8. Snmp Simulator Works Like The Real Snmp Agents
Author: Gambit Communications
9. Selenium Automation - Tech Trainers Online
Author: munendra singh
10. We're Occurring An Exploration For The Technology
Author: Matthew Oliver
11. Seven Features You Need To Look For When Selecting The Cheapest Exchange Archiving Solution
Author: Frank Bower
12. Ifcloud Makes It Simple For Users To Store And Share Their Content On The Cloud.
13. Regain Control Over Your Data With A Privacy-first Web Browser
Author: Alexis Norris
14. Key Reasons That You Should Switch Over To Voip Phone Service
Author: Frank Bower
15. Rfid Warehouse Management
Author: Brilliant info