ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
6 Interesting Facts About Goregaon You Didn’t Know
Total Articles: 15
Way back in the 1990s, Goregaon had earned itself quite a reputation. Not an illustrious one at that. The area was popular amongst the local goons as what they would refer to as their ground zero. But cut to the present day, and Goregaon has emerged as one of the safest neighbourhoods to live in Mumbai. Flats in Goregaon East are one of the most popular choices in home buyers’ list and why not? A 2 BHK flat in Goregaon East is considered a great catch because of the affordable rates and the easy connectivity it offers. It really is the most convenient location. That being said, back in the day Goregaon made a special place for itself in history. Let’s look at some interesting facts about Goregaon that most people aren’t aware of.
1. The popular Gokuldham High School and junior college when it just began in 1983 had only 3 students and 5 staff members. Today, looking at the multi-storey structure no one could have possible guessed its past. With over 3313 students and 200 staff members, the school is one of the most reputed educational institutions in the city.
2. The Goregaon Railways Station was initially considered to be not an important station. Many even felt that the distance between Andheri and Goregaon station was quite short. But today, it has grown to be one of the busiest railway stations of the western line and to combat the growing rush during peak hours, another station has been recently introduced between Goregaon and Andheri Railway Station.
3. Built in 1862, the Goregaon Railway Station was one of the four railway stations that were introduced between Borivali and Grant Road during the 60s.
4. Goregaon is synonymous of the Bollywood industry. And this isn’t a recent trend. It started way back when the film city near Sanjay Gandhi National Park was formed. Today the majority of film shoots and television shoots, take place here.
5. The original name coined for the Goregaon Railway Station was Pahadi Railway Station. However, the name was later changed when people were confusing it with another station with a similar sounding name in the south.
6. Many believe that the name Goregaon comes from a former resident of the area, Keshav Gore. However, there is no evidence to support this. Records show that Goregaon was used as a name far before the Gores came into being. Nevertheless, the husband and wife pair were popular for their socialist activities and thus are considered inspirational, to this day.
There you have it, some intriguing facts about your beloved suburb Goregaon. Today, Goregaon is popular for a lot of reasons like the commercial district, its proximity to Andheri and Bandra, the nightlife and the malls. However, it is the rich history that gives us perspective about Goregaon. If you’re looking for a 2 BHK apartment in Goregaon to live in, look no further than Omkar Realtors and Developers. And make sure you be a part of Goregaon’s rich legacy!
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Luxury Living Is A Popular Choice For New Home Buyers In New Jersey
Author: Fernmoor Homes
2. Affordable Plotting Projects With Maximum Amenities At 500/sq.ft In Yadagirigutta, Hyderabad
Author: property Adviser
3. Why Hiring Canadian Contractors Is A Good Idea
Author: Rick Lopez
4. Top Nj Industrial Property For Sale
5. Bptp Plots
Author: Ravi Narwat
6. Radhu Builders Oakwood Is Enjoying Great Popularity In Neemrana
Author: Jiya Verma
7. Mrg World The Balcony
Author: Manish Thakur
8. Things To Keep In Mind Before Buying A 1 Bhk Flat In Dahisar
Author: Priyanka Patel
9. Why Rent A Serviced Apartment In Mumbai ?
Author: Akshay Purohit
10. 2/3/4bhk Apartments At Ska Metro Ville Greater Noidaa
Author: Jiya Verma
11. Buying Home With Down Payment Assistance
Author: Pooja Agrawal
12. Real Estate Under Embargo
Author: Pooja Agrawal
13. Why It’s A Great Time To Look Into Colorado Springs Real Estate
Author: Mountaincity Realty
14. Numerous Benefits Of Metal Roofs
Author: Fred Lydick
15. A Guide To Selling Your Property Privately
Author: Jodie Kelly