ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
What To Do When Your Pool Leaks
Total Articles: 12
Pool leaks can occur anywhere inside or outside your pool. Before searching for a leak in your pool, make sure you check your entire filter system area, including the pump, filter, heater, chlorinator, etc. If you have an in-ground pool, leaks can also occur by cracked piping underground. If you suspect this, call Contemporary Pools, a pool contractor in Cape Coral Florida to pressure test the lines for possible cracks. Meanwhile, while the pool repair service in Southwest Florida isn’t around yet, these are things to do when your pool leaks.
1. Let The Pool Drain
Start off by calling Contemporary Pools, a professional who will let the pool drain. Locating the leak is the first step.
2. Check The Ground and Walls Around The Pool For Wetness
This will help determine the area of the leak. The height of the leak is where the water stopped draining, and you'll know the area because the ground or pool wall will be wet.
3. The exact location of the leak is observed with the dye.
Another technique is to squirt the dye in the water close to the wall. If the leak is near, you will see the dye moving towards the leak source like a current. If you suspect your leak is at the bottom of your pool, put those goggles on and do the same thing. The reason you don’t want to disturb the water is that you don’t want the dye running wild.
Your pool naturally loses water through evaporation and splashing. Having to add more than a couple of inches of water to your pool could indicate a leak. That's why a weekly pool service maintenance in Cape Coral, Florida is so important - find and repair leaks as soon as you can to save warm water and prevent chemicals from leaking into the ground, and there is always the risk of leaking pool water washing away the soil structure that supports your swimming pool walls. Leak detection can be a tricky business - and finding the source takes some detective work.
Not sure if you have a leak? Contemporary Pools is an expert at finding and fixing leaking swimming pools and will keep a close eye on your water levels during your weekly service. If you notice significant water loss or other signs of a leak, call Contemporary Pools as soon as you can. We'll be delighted to come and check for a leak. Contemporary Pools specializes in underwater swimming pool repairs and maintenance of residential and commercial swimming pools throughout Southwest Florida.
We are a professional pool repair service in Cape Coral Florida offering competitive costs and excellence in customer care. Pool repair and maintenance in Cape Coral Florida can be undertaken during off-peak times to maximize pool use. We at Contemporary Pools believe in using high-quality materials for all custom pools while building life-long relationships with our clients. We can take any idea you have and transform it into your own pool paradise. We welcome the opportunity to custom design and build your pool. Call us now at 239-237-3338 and contact us here.
Home and Garden Articles1. Top Tips For Safe Landscape Lighting
Author: Lanai Lights
2. Are You Considering Installing Granite Kitchen Countertops?
Author: Linda Donna
3. 4 Reasons Why You Should Hire Local Builders
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
4. Reasons To Hire Carpet Cleaners And Get Your Carpet Cleaned
Author: Archer Greville
5. 3 Different Kinds Of Security Systems Which Can Be Installed In Your Property
Author: Lucius Phoenix
6. Why Development Application Survey Is A Green Signal To Your Project
Author: Adam Leworthy
7. New Book Builds On Benjamin Franklin's Virtues For Character Cultivation
Author: Jacob James
8. Decorative Ornamental Custom Metal Will Improve Your Gates, Railings & Fences In Bonita Springs, Fl
Author: Fabri-Tech Screens
9. Why Tile Leveling Spacers Are Preferred For Proper Leveling Of Tiles
Author: Hayden Ryrie
10. Why Building And Pest Inspection Is Necessary Before Purchasing A Property
Author: Callum Soul
11. How To Deal With The Leaky Brooklyn Skylights?
Author: Rick Lopez
12. What Do You Do If Your Sewer Line Is Clogged In Grand Haven, Mi
Author: West Michigan Septic Sewer & Drain Service
13. Some Of The Many Types Of Render Which Can Be Applied To Walls
Author: Andy Guy
14. The Benefits Of Colored Sealcoatings On Pavement And Driveways
Author: Sierra Solomon
15. Make Your Space More Striking With The Benefits Of Sliding Doors
Author: Mozart Turkey