ALL >> Marketing >> View Article
4 Important Sources For Conducting Field Research
The concept of field research deals with the generation and collection of actual and authentic information by field of operation in any organization. This process involves determining what data is important in any organization and from where is this information will be needed to obtain. After determining this information, the data is gathered. The research technique is treated as primary research approach as the determined data is specific to the purpose of gathering the data. Fieldwork research is also performed in person, over the telephone or through electronic media.
This technique of research is treated as primary research approach because the determined data is specific to the purpose of gathering the data. Field research is an essential and important process which involves experienced resources as compared to the desk research which is not as accurate as field research. Field study research is required for performing the research in an efficient manner and obtain only the specific information and answer only particular questions, since irrelevant data is a waste and it will be of no use for further research processes.
Field research includes a wide range of social research methods including direct observation, limited participation, analysis of documents and other information, informal interviews, surveys etc. Even though field research is characterized as qualitative research, it involves a lot of aspects of quantitative research.
4 important sources of conducting field research are listed below:
These sources are from existing customers or prospective customers. Customers are the most important and efficient sources for the purpose of field research, and they can provide a good amount of useful information. Information about the competitors and new strategies which can be implemented, present market trend, actual and innovative market requirement, market distribution channels, production and consumption channels and product usefulness.
2. Industrialists or marketing experts:
They are the most knowledgeable people in the industry who have the knowledge and they can provide an in-depth information about the future trend of the market, economical imbalances about some of the sections of products, range of raw materials which are available in the market, new techniques regarding marketing and how to apply the new age vibrant technologies.
It is difficult for extracting information from a company’s competitors, but if it is possible then the information gathered through this process will be a useful source of information and field research will provide information about the new and upcoming technologies and software, types of product that are prominent and preferred by the customers, efficient and affordable pricing strategies, promotional efforts which could turn around the marketing strategies and information of other ruling competitors.
4. Suppliers and distributors:
The suppliers and distributors of a product may sometimes have a great amount of knowledge and intricate detailed information about the products. They can provide information on the availability of raw materials in the market, the pricing details and negotiation techniques, best distributing channels, innovative marketing process and how to deal with different issues.
Marketing Articles1. Bulk Sms Service In Mumbai
Author: ankur tiwari
2. What Should A Web Design Company Do For Your Business
Author: mohana basran
3. Export And Import Data To Help In The International Business
4. What Is The Role Of Bulk Sms Resellers In Customer Procurement For E-commerce Sites?
5. Video Marketing : A Ultimate Guide To Video Marketing
Author: George William
6. Digital Marketing Strategy For Holiday Season
Author: Chris Brown
7. How To Adopt The Best Car Dealership Marketing Ideas
Author: James Belly
8. Why Ipv6 Adoption Has Been Slow
Author: carla joseph
9. 6 Business Growth Trends To Dominate 2020
10. Avail Professional Business, Work Marketing Through Ads, Videos In Radio/television
Author: Scott Peterson
11. How Much To Pay For A Stunning Animated Explainer Video?
Author: Komal Kokatee
12. What Are The Different Types Of Marketing? How And When To Use Them?
13. Bulk Sms Reseller- A Boon For Professionals And Work From Home
14. Google Penguin Recovery | Everything You Need To Know
Author: Ella Wilson
15. Custom Table Covers- A Genius Guerrilla Marketing Tactic!
Author: Hazel Williams