ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Immigration To Usa – The Fastest Route To Green Card
There is a long wait for applying for green card as there are many aspirants for obtaining a green card to live permanently in USA. The average Indian who applies for a green card, after immigration to USA, from countries like India, can take decades to finally get the green card in their hands. The high amount of waiting time are causing many to despair of ever succeeding in their efforts to get a green card. However, there is one way to obtain a green card in a very short time. Let’s explore the way in which, one can obtain a green card in a year or less.
Applying For Green Card in Less Than a Year after Immigration to USA
Many IT professionals, who immigrate to USA, have the option of immigration under the L1 visa. If you have migrated with an L1 visa you are eligible to apply for change of status to Green card through the EB1C category. In order to file your application in this category, you will need to request your employer file Form I-140 on your behalf as this will be an employee sponsored visa, while you will be filing form I-485 for Adjustment of Status. One important tip for employees arriving in USA on L1A visa is to work diligently and maintain a good relationship with your employer as you would be asking them to file a form I-485 on your on your behalf. You will not need to be in any special category to file your application for green card from L1B visa. You’ll need to go through the same process including the PERM labor certification program as the other individuals who are applying for employment-based green cards. However, if you have worked in a management or senior management capacity for a year or more in the immediately preceding three years before you arrived in USA, you become eligible to apply for green card in the EB1C category, provided your employer offers you a job or promotion to the management or executive position. As the green card is intended for future employment, you will be eligible to apply for it in the same case as if you already have an L1A visa that is from your home country itself, even though you are not currently employed as a manager.
The Processing Time for Converting L1A to Green Card
The time that it takes to convert your status from L1A to green card mostly takes less than one year. Therefore when you apply for immigration to USA, its best to apply for an L1A visa, if possible. You could earn enough work experience and skills in your home country, to make you qualify for a management position before you actually apply for a visa. The following is the steps for applying and processing for the 1-485 petition.
1. Upon receiving your petition for adjustment of status – I-485, the USCIS will send you a notice of action or I-797, which will take around 2 to 3 weeks.
2. The next thing you will receive is an appointment notice that informs you about your biometrics appointment date. The location would generally, be closest to the USCIS office in your area. You should expect your biometrics appointment notice around 3 to 5 weeks from the date of your application.
3. On the actual day of your biometrics appointment, you will visit an USCIS office or center, where your fingerprints, face scan and other details will be collected. This will typically take around 5 to 8 weeks from the date of filing your application
4. After completion of your biometrics appointment, you will receive your work permit or Employment Authorization Document (EAD), you will receive this document, typically within 12 to 16 weeks of filing your application
5. In some cases, the USCIS may deem it necessary to interview you before granting a green card, if so, then both you and your employer will be sent a Notice of Interview or Notice of Action from the USCIS. The interview will most probably take around 30 minutes and will be set up at an USCIS center that is closest to you. The notice of interview will come within 4 to 10 months after filing your application
6. The actual interview will mostly take place anywhere between 6 months to 12 months after you file for your adjustment of status
7. Once the steps are completed you will receive your green card and be granted permanent residence status in the United States of America. The time it takes for receiving your green card after filing for adjustment of status can take anywhere between 8 to 14 months.
Legal Articles1. Want To Know More About Workers Compensation Lawyers Lexington Ky?
2. Secret Facts About Workers Comp Lawyers Lexington Ky
3. If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report On Workers Comp Lawyer Lexington Ky
4. The Number One Article On Workmans Comp Lawyers Lexington Ky
5. Top Workmans Comp Lawyer Lexington Ky Choices
6. The Best Plan You Need To Be Using For Workmans Comp Attorney Lexington Ky
7. Workers Comp Attorney Lexington Ky Tips & Guide
8. How To Choose Workers Compensation Attorney Lexington Ky
9. Uk Immigration Lawyer, Yash Strives To Help Pratham Uk Raise £2,500.00 For Child Illiteracy In India
10. Lay The Right Foundations For Good Employment Relationships
11. Company Set Up Bvi – What Information Should You Have
Author: James Palmer
12. Fetch Quality Legal Advice For Divorce, Family Issues, Estate And Injury Matters
Author: Magner & Hueneke
13. What Is The Use Of Address Proof Affidavit After Nrc
Author: Raj Kumar
14. Know The Difference Between An Advocate And A Lawyer From Best Lawyer In Bangalore?
Author: Lagato Lawyer
15. Living Trusts In Michigan Protect Your Assets And Give You Peace Of Mind
Author: alice davidson