ALL >> Health >> View Article
Treatment Options For Arthritis Pain
Arthritis pain is a common problem for millions and considered the leading cause of disability in the United States.
Arthritis pain can vary from mild to debilitating pain that can limit mobility and impact quality of life.
If you or a loved one has recently been diagnosed with arthritis, you may have several questions about the nature of the condition and treatment options.
Arthritis is not a single condition but a group of more than 100 conditions and diseases, such as degenerative disc disease, gout, bursitis, Kawasaki disease, fibromyalgia, and lupus.
Generally speaking, arthritis refers to the inflammation of the body’s joints. The most common joints that are affected by arthritis are the joints of the fingers, hips, knees, elbows, wrists, back and neck.
Common Types of Arthritis
While arthritis is incredibly prevalent, a few types are more common than others.
• Osteoarthritis occurs when the cushioning cartilage between the joints is damaged due to age-related wear or trauma. This makes the bones rub together during movements.
• Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic inflammatory condition that causes the body’s immune system to attack its tissues, including the joints. A swelling can be seen in the joints that causes debilitating pain and deformity of the joints.
• Psoriatic Arthritis is an autoimmune disease that leaves red, scaly patches on the skin. It can also cause damage joints and ligaments, if left untreated.
• Fibromyalgia is a pain disorder in which the brain processes pain signals more intensely than is normal. The patient experiences widespread musculoskeletal pain, discomfort, sensitivity to touch and sleep disturbances.
• Gout is characterized by sudden, severe bouts of pain, generally localized to a single joint, like the big toe. It is caused due to uric acid buildup in the blood. Joint discomfort can persist for weeks even after the inflammatory episode is over.
Before you can seek treatment, you need to find out the type of arthritis you have. This is done with the help of through laboratory tests, X-rays and physical examination.
The most common treatments for arthritis include –
• Conservative treatments, like analgesics and NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), physical therapy and rehabilitation.
• Interventional pain treatments, such as corticosteroid injections, sacroiliac joint injections, hyaluronic acid injections and ultrasound guided joint injections.
• Nerve blocks, in cases where a degenerating joint is causing a nerve to be pinched, creating burning or shooting pain and numbness, tingling etc.
If you are looking for the leading knee doctor in Chicago, call the best Chicago pain management center and clinic, Illinois Pain Institute at 800-340-PAIN Today! The Illinois Pain Institute specializes in treating various forms of arthritis, including osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and degenerative disc disease. The Institute is known for precise diagnosis with customized treatment, non-invasive treatment options, compassionate doctors and more.
Health Articles1. Why Thai Massage? A Complete Over View
Author: Yash Ayra
2. How To Use Soma? What Soma Strength You Should Take?
Author: Jaxon Powell
3. Where To Buy Soma Meds Online Legally From Usa Pharmacy?
Author: Where to Buy Soma Meds Online Legally from USA Pha
4. How To Tell The Difference Between Herpes And Jock Itch
Author: John Dugan
5. Sarms Or Steroids - Which One Is The Ultimate Choice?
6. Tramadol Without Prescription: Is Tramadol Prescribed Pills For Pain Relief?
Author: Tramadol without Prescription: Is Tramadol Prescri
7. Practical Ways To Select The Best Healthcare Management System (hms)!
Author: Ash Rakars
8. Fut Or Fue? Choosing The Right Hair Transplant Option
Author: Pioneer Hair Transplant Center
9. How Much Cost Of Tramadol Should Be On The Street?
Author: How much cost of Tramadol should be on the street?
10. Tramadol For Female: Side Effects For Pregnant While Taking Without Prescription?
Author: Tramadol for female: Side effects for pregnant whi
11. Modafinil: A Drug That Promotes Wakefulness
Author: Denial Haugh
12. How Lasik Eye Treatment May Help You Eradicate Your Eyeglasses
Author: Rotary Eye Care Hospital
13. Vidalista 60mg Pills
Author: mybest chemist
14. Shri Adithya Hospital
Author: Dr.Ravindra kumar
15. How To Choose The Right Walking Stick