ALL >> Health >> View Article
Treatment Options For Arthritis Pain
Total Articles: 1
Arthritis pain is a common problem for millions and considered the leading cause of disability in the United States.
Arthritis pain can vary from mild to debilitating pain that can limit mobility and impact quality of life.
If you or a loved one has recently been diagnosed with arthritis, you may have several questions about the nature of the condition and treatment options.
Arthritis is not a single condition but a group of more than 100 conditions and diseases, such as degenerative disc disease, gout, bursitis, Kawasaki disease, fibromyalgia, and lupus.
Generally speaking, arthritis refers to the inflammation of the body’s joints. The most common joints that are affected by arthritis are the joints of the fingers, hips, knees, elbows, wrists, back and neck.
Common Types of Arthritis
While arthritis is incredibly prevalent, a few types are more common than others.
• Osteoarthritis occurs when the cushioning cartilage between the joints is damaged due to age-related wear or trauma. This makes the bones rub together during movements.
• Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic inflammatory condition that causes the body’s immune system to attack its tissues, including the joints. A swelling can be seen in the joints that causes debilitating pain and deformity of the joints.
• Psoriatic Arthritis is an autoimmune disease that leaves red, scaly patches on the skin. It can also cause damage joints and ligaments, if left untreated.
• Fibromyalgia is a pain disorder in which the brain processes pain signals more intensely than is normal. The patient experiences widespread musculoskeletal pain, discomfort, sensitivity to touch and sleep disturbances.
• Gout is characterized by sudden, severe bouts of pain, generally localized to a single joint, like the big toe. It is caused due to uric acid buildup in the blood. Joint discomfort can persist for weeks even after the inflammatory episode is over.
Before you can seek treatment, you need to find out the type of arthritis you have. This is done with the help of through laboratory tests, X-rays and physical examination.
The most common treatments for arthritis include –
• Conservative treatments, like analgesics and NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), physical therapy and rehabilitation.
• Interventional pain treatments, such as corticosteroid injections, sacroiliac joint injections, hyaluronic acid injections and ultrasound guided joint injections.
• Nerve blocks, in cases where a degenerating joint is causing a nerve to be pinched, creating burning or shooting pain and numbness, tingling etc.
If you are looking for the leading knee doctor in Chicago, call the best Chicago pain management center and clinic, Illinois Pain Institute at 800-340-PAIN Today! The Illinois Pain Institute specializes in treating various forms of arthritis, including osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and degenerative disc disease. The Institute is known for precise diagnosis with customized treatment, non-invasive treatment options, compassionate doctors and more.
Health Articles1. Male Organ Vitamin Cream: What Is It, Why A Man Should Use It, And What It Should Include.
Author: John Dugan
2. How To Get A Tele-appointment With Doctor In Pakistan For Arthritis Treatment
Author: Abigail Kane
3. Cardio Strike Is Not Only A Workout It’s Also Make Workout Fun
Author: Matt kelman
4. Immunotherapy By Dr. Ashok Vaid: New Hope For Cancer Treatment In India
Author: Lisa Resnick
5. Hair Loss Causes Treatment And Prevention
Author: Pioneer Hair Transplant
6. Why Tramadol And Tapentadol Are Considered Best Opioids For Pain Medications?
Author: Why Tramadol and Tapentadol are considered best op
7. Simple Guidance For You In Allergy Asthma Center In Kolkata.
Author: sagar painuly
8. Learn About Liposuction And Cosmetic Surgery
Author: Waseem Hameed Khan
9. How To Fix Your Smile With Cosmetic Dentistry Chermside
Author: Claudia Lamington
10. Buy Ultram 100mg Online Thru Overnight Shipping
Author: Buy Ultram 100mg online thru Overnight shipping
11. Which Treatment Is Best For Piles?
Author: Vithai Piles Hospital
12. Why Should You Choose The Origin Ivf Center ? Best Ivf Center In Gurgaon
Author: Origin Clinic
13. 7 Simple Ways To Cheer Up A Lonely Senior
Author: Andy Ratana
14. Calories Matter – If You Want To Avoid Obesity | Anti-inflammatory Education
Author: David Seaman
15. Why To Choose Tramadol Cash On Delivery Option?
Author: Buy Tramadols Online