ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Roof Water Damage: Signs And Solutions
Total Articles: 9
There’s nothing quite like water damage to put a damper on your business or home. You could loose productivity for days or weeks and can find yourself replacing valuable equipment like electronics, tools and inventory.
Discolored spots on your ceilings are signs of water damage. If problems like this are not given immediate attention, a leaky roof can turn into a major problem. Contact Expert Restoration & Cleaning Services to analyze and formulate repair solutions.
Causes of Roof Water Damage
A leak is caused by a damage in your roof, and there are different kinds of roof leaks. Here are the most common causes of roof leaks and how they can be addressed properly.
1. Valley Damage - a valley is the inside angle where two roof faces meet. It is an unsafe part of the roof because rainwater goes through it.
2. Flashing Failure - flashing is a thin metal sheet and it is usually made of galvanized steel.
3. Roof Feature - anything that punctures the decking of the roof. This includes skylights, chimneys, vents, and anything that allows air or light to pass through. These are unsafe areas of the roof because they lead directly into the home and can let water in that way, too.
4. Damaged Shingles - after installation, roof leaks from damaged shingles are most likely to happen. If your shingles have been on the roof for a long time and looked ripped, thin, or is beginning to fall off, it may be the right time to have a roof replacement.
Prevent Roof Water Damage
You are done dealing with the mess caused by roof water damage. Preventing roof leaks is quite simple. Regular roof maintenance from an expert, Expert Restoration & Cleaning Services, can prevent leaks before they ever happen.
What Should You Do if You have Roof Water Damage?
Step 1: Safety
Taking care of any safety hazard is the first step that you should take. Putting a bucket down to collect dripping water could be one. Sometimes there is no visible water causing the damage and you may skip this step.
Step 2: Is there a Roof Leak?
Probe what is causing the leak to ensure it is from the roof. If the source is not obvious, then you can head into the attic to look for it.
Step 3: Call a Roofer
Call a roofing expert, Expert Restoration & Cleaning Services, to discover the seriousness of the leak so that it can be fixed.
Step 4: Call a Restoration Professional
The leak is now under control and you are left with the water damage to deal with. Exposure to mold and other pathogen leaks can spread and it can be dangerous so it is better to call a professional.
A restoration professional can control and fix the water damage, like a water damage restoration company in Naples, FL and a Naples mold damage remediation company. Professionals can help dry up water and sanitize materials that can be rescued. They may also remove and replace any damaged materials. A good restoration professional like a Naples kitchen remodeling contractor can help you out.
Expert Restoration & Cleaning Services specializes in bathroom and kitchen remodeling for homes in Southwest Florida. Our professional team will guide you from the design to the implementation process. We also offer emergency water damage restoration services. Contact us now! 239-641-9953
Expert Restoration & Cleaning Services Inc. is your one-stop shop for professional damage restoration, and remodeling services in Naples, FL. Whether you have a residential or commercial property that needs restoring, we can step in and find a quick solution for your problems. Our services include mildew removal and mold remediation, water damage restoration, floor cleaning, odor removal, and home renovation in the aftermath of irreversible damage. We also offer kitchen and bathroom remodeling services to help you upgrade your home. 239-641-9953
Home and Garden Articles1. So Clean That It Sparkles!
Author: David Smith
2. Why It Is Necessary To Avail Upholstery Cleaning
Author: Jamie Fison
3. What Are The Benefits Of Building Regulation
Author: Garry Stacks
4. Different Roofing Styles Available In Port Lincoln
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. How To Decorate Modern Homes
Author: Taurus Inspro
6. Why You Should Select The Most Suitable Fence For Your House
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What Are The Most Important Things Needed To Be Known About Roofing?
Author: Rick Lopez
8. Tips On Becoming A Successful Development Management Personality
Author: Adam Leworthy
9. Know How To Avail The Services Of A Carpet Cleaning Company
Author: Archer Greville
10. Reasons To Appoint A Building Inspector And Necessary Qualification Required
Author: Callum Soul
11. 3 Different Types Of Tile Wedges That Are Used To Set Tiles On The Floor
Author: Hayden Ryrie
12. How To Choose The Right Wood Splitter For You
Author: Michael Foley
13. Choose The Perfect Bedroom Wardrobe In Just Easy 4 Step.
Author: Regalo Kitchen
14. How To Create Cozy Bedrooms With Stools And Benches From Worlds Away
Author: Robert Berry
15. What Are The Important Options Regarding The Waterproofing Basement Walls?
Author: Rick Lopez