ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Mera Peak Vs Island Peak: Which One Is Best To Climb?
Total Articles: 18
Nepal is truly a God gift because it boasts with such outstanding beauty of the landscape, mountains, wildlife, and much more. Many people visit Nepal every year to participate in the adventure activities. Among several activities, people give top preference for the peak climbing. When it comes to climbing the peak in Nepal, you will find several options but climbers give first priority to Island Peak and Mera peak. Are you thinking about which one is the best to climb first? Well, continue reading!
Difference between island and mera peak
Actually, mera and island peak are the most popular yet smaller peaks in Nepal. Each mountain attracts a decent amount of climbers through its appearance. No matter, whether you are amateur climber or expert, you can complete the climb easily without any expedition requirement.
Island peak is the small peak situated in the Khumbu region, which also called as Imja Tse. For island peak climbing, you should have proper technical skills. Ice axing, harnessing, and carmponing are highly essential for peak climbing. The Sherpa guide will be there to help you always during the climb. Most of the trail needs trekking but the last 400 to 500m section needs climbing through rocks and snow.
Generally, the ascent starts during early morning i.e. around 2 AM. Get up earlier and tackle the climb using ice-axe, headlamp, and ropes. Reach the summit around 11 AM to 12 PM based on your speed. Spend rest of the time descending all the way to the popular Chhukung village that renders tea-house for lodging.
One of the highest trekking peaks in the world is the mera peak (6475m), which located at Hinku valley of the NorthEastern Nepal. It is quite superior to smaller peaks in the region technically. It comprises three main summits but most climbers choose Mera north because it is highest of all. Like Island peak, you must require appropriate technical skill for mera peak climbing. It also needs ice axing, harnessing, and cramponing.
The qualified and logistical support Sherpa guides will help you to reach the destination correctly. From the summit, you will see five major peaks in the Himalaya such as Mount Everest. Almost all the trails encounter for trekking. The last 600-700m ascent needs climbing through ice, rocks, and snow. Start earlier to reach the summit by noon and then back to lower base camp by evening.
Awesome Nepal Treks for Safety-Quality-Integrity and Innovation.It is totaly different from other hundreds of local adventure companies in Nepal.In this Articles it talks about island peak climbing and mera peak climbing .To know more information visit at www.awesomenepaltreks.com
Travel Articles1. Cheap Heathrow Airport Transfer Services In London For Safe And Comfortable Journey
Author: jack pero
2. The Eminence Of Car Hiring In Bengaluru
Author: Manoj Upadhyay
3. Enjoy Your Stay At North Carolina Vacation Rentals
Author: Robert James
4. Sunset Pawna | Pawna Lake Camping | Camping Near Pune
5. Book Chicago To Mumbai Flights
6. 5 P’s Which Will Help You In Any Trekking And Hiking
Author: Christian Sheean
7. 6 Factors That Will Help You In Selecting The Right Hotel In Dursley
Author: Amery Ortego
8. Advantages Of Taxi Service In London Airport
9. Experiencing An Amazing Uk Day Trip At The Venice Simplon-orient-express
Author: Joseph Lister
10. Best Vacation In Egypt And Jordan
Author: Cliff Collins
11. Application Development Company In Jaipur | Application Development Jaipur
Author: ABHISHEK VERMA
12. Arrange Ebc Helicopter Trip – Gain Wonderful Adventure Memories
13. Tempo Traveller Hire Jaipur , Tempo Traveller Rental Jaipur
Author: hari narayan
14. Educational School Trip | School Trip Package | Student Trip
Author: kaushalendra kumar
15. Make Majorca Holidays Exciting By Visiting Majestic Places
Author: Daisy Wilkinson