ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Mera Peak Vs Island Peak: Which One Is Best To Climb?
Nepal is truly a God gift because it boasts with such outstanding beauty of the landscape, mountains, wildlife, and much more. Many people visit Nepal every year to participate in the adventure activities. Among several activities, people give top preference for the peak climbing. When it comes to climbing the peak in Nepal, you will find several options but climbers give first priority to Island Peak and Mera peak. Are you thinking about which one is the best to climb first? Well, continue reading!
Difference between island and mera peak
Actually, mera and island peak are the most popular yet smaller peaks in Nepal. Each mountain attracts a decent amount of climbers through its appearance. No matter, whether you are amateur climber or expert, you can complete the climb easily without any expedition requirement.
Island peak is the small peak situated in the Khumbu region, which also called as Imja Tse. For island peak climbing, you should have proper technical skills. Ice axing, harnessing, and carmponing are highly essential for peak climbing. The Sherpa guide will be there to help you always during the climb. Most of the trail needs trekking but the last 400 to 500m section needs climbing through rocks and snow.
Generally, the ascent starts during early morning i.e. around 2 AM. Get up earlier and tackle the climb using ice-axe, headlamp, and ropes. Reach the summit around 11 AM to 12 PM based on your speed. Spend rest of the time descending all the way to the popular Chhukung village that renders tea-house for lodging.
One of the highest trekking peaks in the world is the mera peak (6475m), which located at Hinku valley of the NorthEastern Nepal. It is quite superior to smaller peaks in the region technically. It comprises three main summits but most climbers choose Mera north because it is highest of all. Like Island peak, you must require appropriate technical skill for mera peak climbing. It also needs ice axing, harnessing, and cramponing.
The qualified and logistical support Sherpa guides will help you to reach the destination correctly. From the summit, you will see five major peaks in the Himalaya such as Mount Everest. Almost all the trails encounter for trekking. The last 600-700m ascent needs climbing through ice, rocks, and snow. Start earlier to reach the summit by noon and then back to lower base camp by evening.
Awesome Nepal Treks for Safety-Quality-Integrity and Innovation.It is totaly different from other hundreds of local adventure companies in Nepal.In this Articles it talks about island peak climbing and mera peak climbing .To know more information visit at www.awesomenepaltreks.com
Travel Articles1. Exotic India Wildlife Tours With Bespoke India Holidays
2. Know Everything About The Grand Canyon Of India
Author: Liamtra Travellers
3. The One Day Picnic Resort Around Bangalore
Author: Rohan Kumar
4. Spirit Airlines Tickets To Uruguay | Get Your Seat Now
Author: Joe Smith
5. Leicester Airport Taxis: Various Aspects And Benefits To Be Considered For Travelling To Destination
6. 4 Secrets To Create Your Own Travel Blog
Author: Emily Jhon
7. Long Island Wine Tours
Author: jenifer clark
8. Why Hiring Airport Taxi Service For Local Transport In The Leicester Area Is Best Choice?
9. Shirdi Flight Package From Chennai, Chennai To Shirdi Flight Package
Author: Sri Sairam Subhayatra
10. This Rakhi, Gift An Experience
Author: trees n tigers
11. 6 Essential Reasons To Consider Before Hiring Taxi Service Amsterdam
Author: Sophi Nelson
12. Reasons Why Vacation Rentals Are Better Than Hotels
Author: Matthew Shillington
13. Weekend Gateway 2020 Near Mumbai
Author: Ananya Seth
14. Get Information From Air Canada Customer Service United Kingdom (uk)
Author: John Carl
15. Britannia Airport Cars Is Ready To Serve 24 Hour At London Luton Airport Transfer
Author: britannia airport