ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
How Effective Is The Eu Regulation On Centrifugal Pumps?
Total Articles: 19
To overcome environmental problems arising from excessive power consumption the European Union member states decided to adopt climate-friendly practices. Their annual electricity consumption amounted to 109 TWh in 2005, corresponding to 50 Mt in CO2 emissions. In the absence of measures to limit this consumption, it is predicted that energy consumption will increase to 136 TWh in 2020.”
Monitoring power consumption by water pumps was one of the ways to ensure reduced power consumption. Therefore EU countries carried out a legislative act that is European Union Pump Efficiency Regulations which is applicable to pumps. Some of the industries which use pumps widely are:
Building technology: Pumps for boilers, drinking water, heating and cooling, fire water pumps and sewage pumps.
Infrastructure: Pipelines for district heating and cooling, urban distribution of drinking water and sewage and pipeline for oil.
Industry: Process fluid pumps, Hydraulic pump systems, and clean and sewage water system.
The working of a centrifugal pump is on the principle of conversion of the kinetic energy of flowing fluid into static pressure. Fluid gets accelerated by rotation of the pump impeller as it passes from the impeller eye and outward. A proportion of the fluid momentum is then converted to pressure as the fluid exits the impeller. The diffuser vanes and the volute shape of the pump casing assist in the energy conversion. This energy conversion results in subsequent power consumption and increases pressure which needs to kept check in the case of centrifugal pumps.
To keep a check on power consumption three provisions of the EU Motor efficiency Directive relate specifically to the pump industry:
1. 641/2009 and 622/2012: Ecodesign requirements for glandless standalone circulators and glandless circulators integrated into products.
2. 547/2012: Ecodesign requirements for water pumps.
3. 640/2009 and 4/2014: Ecodesign requirements for electric motors.
Pump stakeholders can ensure that the pump is functioning at a higher efficiency point at all times through an IIoT monitoring system. The pump can be monitored in real time to ensure that it is consuming energy within the acceptable parameters. Relevant data can be picked up through IoT Sensors. The IIoT integrated smart pumping solutions consist of three important parts:
1. Data collection device
2. Monitoring/analysis software
3. Sensors, including cables and junction boxes
Sensors are used to take the data from various hardware which is then broadcast using GPRS/Internet/Ethernet to a web-based application which stakeholders can access on their smart devices such as laptop, computer, and phones.
It is important to monitor power consumption at all stages to ensure compliance with European motor and pump Efficiency Regulation. This can be achieved by a magnetic field sensor.
Sensors are organized in the form of application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), on a flat, flexible circuit board which is different from more conventional design to measure the magnetic field which is not only perpendicular to the chip surface but also in the tangential direction that improves the measurement accuracy. The recorded data is broadcast to a microcontroller that forwards them to a central processor through a gateway switch.
Such sensors are useful in measuring all parameters required to monitor the quality of the grid supply, alternate current, direct current in addition to the power consumption. To prevent damage caused due to the corrosion and abrasion various sensors are utilized to monitor the specific level of chemical and gas. Such damage leads to higher power consumption.
Click to Know more:http://bit.ly/2UrLS77
Gowitek is a leading Golang Development Company that builds Tailored Software Solutions by leveraging Golang and Google Cloud. We induce growth acceleration of businesses through Digital Transformation. By combining our expertise in Technology and Industry we focus on an in-depth understanding of business challenges and then devising solutions that are Simple, Scalable, Superior, Secure and Speedily delivered. So if you have an idea we have a Solution that is backed by innovative and Disruptive Technology.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Custom Injection Molding Parts
2. Top Benefits Of Saving Instagram Photos Using Downloader
3. How We Can Save Instagram Stories And Videos
4. How To Use Instagram For Creating Engaging Content
5. How To Download Videos From Instagram For Personal Purposes
6. Multiple Benefits Of Presentation Tools
7. How Digital Menu Board Software Can Help In Growing Your Business
8. How An Interactive Touch Wall Can Change The Vision Experience
9. Advantages Offered By A 360 Virtual Tour Company Liverpool
Author: Sarah Addyson
10. Coming Across The Right Internet Marketing Company Liverpool
Author: Sarah Addyson
11. Is Mobile Website Design Liverpool Essential?
Author: Sarah Addyson
12. How To Improve Your Restaurant Business Through Postree Point Of Sale Software
Author: Rohan Kore
13. Top 5 Photo Editing Software For Mac Users
14. Different Usage Of A Spy Camera In Delhi Ncr
Author: Vikash Kumar
15. Random Live Video Chat With Strangers And Girls