ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
What All Do You Need To Meet The Conditions Of Fssai License?
Total Articles: 12
In this article, we will discuss what all we should know and what all Conditions of License are required to be met.
If you are a food business operator or thinking of starting a food business, then you are required to follow food laws in India and obtain the required license for operating legally and smoothly. You are required to register according to the rules and regulations laid by the FSSAI. FSSAI works under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and is the responsibility for supervising and regulating the manufacture, sale, import, export, and distribution of food in India. Its primary goal is to ensure that safe and best quality food reaches consumers. Let us now discuss all the necessary steps for compliance and how you can carry it out with the help of an FSSAI consultant.
Steps involved in getting FSSAI license
A company or an individual who operates a food business in our country should meet the compliance requirements set by FSSAI. The FBO must obtain the license or registration from FSSAI and follow all food safety & hygienic practices. FSSAI provides three different licenses depending on the annual turnover or nature of the business. FSSAI Central license is for those food business operators which have an annual turnover of more than Rs. 20 crores and/or have premises in more than one state, FSSAI state license is for business with an annual turnover of more than Rs. 12 lakhs. Whereas any food business with an annual turnover of less than Rs. 12 lakhs are required to obtain only an FSSAI registration.
The Food Business Operator shall ensure that all conditions of license as provided in Annexure 3 of Form B, in Schedule 2 and safety, sanitary and hygienic requirements provided in the Schedule 4 contained under different parts depending on nature of business are complied with at all times.
Have a look at these key general requirements to meet the conditions of FSSAI License:
1. Label with nutritional details: Each and every packed food products must contain all necessary nutritional information on its label. In this case, FSSAI requires the NABL laboratory Certificate of analysis for the Nutritional Profile that is printed on the label. The mandatory parameters are:
• Energy in kcal
2. Shelf Life as Best Before/Use by Date: According to FSSAI, it is mandatory for all the packaged food products to have their shelf life printed on the label as ‘BEST BEFORE’ or ‘USE BY’ declaration.
3. Maintaining food safety: All food business operators should maintain proper safety and should cover things like identification of required FSSAI standards, develop appropriate food safety manual, learn and completely comprehend the food handling processes and should develop food safety management system plan.
4. The Licensing Authority is responsible to ensure periodical food safety audit and inspection of the licensed establishments through its own or agencies authorized by the FSSAI. The audit includes:
• Proper inspection of the outlet or the manufacturing unit.
• Identifying the specified non-compliances according to FSSAI standards.
• Supervision according to predefined FSSA checklist.
• Inspecting compliance and GAP analysis.
• Assurance that the business complies perfectly with set standards by FSSAI.
• FSSAI compliance recommendations.
5. Water testing: While applying for an FSSAI license, you are required to go through water testing. A water portability test is conducted to assure that safe as well as the best quality water is being utilized. Its primary goal is to see that the water is not contaminating the food products.
Now you must have known about all the steps involved for complying with the conditions of FSSAI license. The process is little time taking, so if you want to save your time you should take help of a professional FSSAI license consultant who will help you in registration and license process, proper planning of the packaging as well as label, addition of applicable food product standards and required additives, sampling and lab tests, and all other issues that cover toxins, residues etc. in the final product. The consultant teams are food technology experts and in addition to FSSAI registration assistance, they also help you in obtaining the license more quickly thereby saving your valuable time. Large companies mostly face a problem dealing with the registration process, therefore it is highly recommended to fetch professional assistance to ensure a fast and reliable process of registration. Food business operators often prefer to outsource their regulatory compliance projects to an established consultant in Food Regulatory Affairs.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Texture Modified Diet – Peach Puree
Author: Fruit Blendz
2. Fruits And Vegetable Market Grows At A Cagr Of ~7.62% By 2023
Author: Aarkstore Enterprises
3. Three Best Things You Should Be Learning About Saffronorlando Restaurant (explained)
4. Taste These Amazing Appetizers In Orlando (explained)
5. Local Eating Is Now More Than A Fashion Effect Indeed It Is A Citizen Act More And More Inked …
Author: Gourmet Home Food
6. Varieties Of Rice | Best Indian Restaurant In Bracknell
Author: Queens Kitchen
7. You Should Be Doing These Two Things Being In Orlando (explained)
8. Need To Enlighten Occasions? Cakes & Special Desserts Would Do
9. Here Is How To Choose The Best Food Processor
10. How Italian Cuisine Keeps You Healthy – 4 Benefits
Author: Peter Polifroni
11. Best Lunch Party At Watermark Grille In Naples, Florida
Author: Watermark Grille
12. 5 Health Benefits Of Wood Fired Pizzas You Need To Know
Author: Peter Polifroni
13. So You Are Wondering Whether To Have Plated Meals Or A Buffet At Your Upcoming Event? You Are Not Al
Author: Tara Vella
14. Take Good Find The Best Lunch Restaurants | North Indian Restaurants Near Me In Burari. Delhi
Author: North Indian Restaurants Near Me
15. Top-quality Food Delivery Service In Nolensville
Author: Richard Mize