ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Are The Health Benefits Of Massage Therapy?
We all love getting massages in a relaxed atmosphere with dimmed lights, lit candles, comforting scents and soft music. However, there is more to massages than just relaxation; it also brings many . The practice of using touch for healing derives from ancient history.Western and Eastern Civilizations have found that massages can heal injuries, reduce stress, relieve pain, and cure and prevent illnesses. Massages can also promote the release of toxins from the body that cause many health issues.
• Help with back pain. Researchers from the Canadian Medical Association Journal has looked at various solutions for chronic lower back pain and found that massage therapy is one of the most effective treatments when it comes to .
• Relieve chronic pain. Massage increases serotonin levels, causing the body to naturally reduce pain. About 35 percent of people receiving massages reported less pain associated with soreness, injuries, stiffness and chronic health conditions.
• Control Diabetes. Massage therapy has been a recommended treatment for diabetics for more than 100 years. It has shown to help lower inflammation and restore the proper use of insulin.
• Relieve headaches. Regular massages help de-stress and relax the body. By relaxing trigger points and muscle spasms, it reduces the chances of experiencing tension headaches and migraine attacks. By focusing on the head, neck and shoulders, a massage can ease the pressure and decrease discomfort and pain.
• Reduce depression, fatigue and anxiety. Massages can help lower stress, improve fatigue and eliminate depression. Research has shown that depression is triggered by active chronic pain, and it alone can lead to muscle pain and tension, which is painful to live by on a day-to-day basis.
• Ease arthritis pain. Massage involves applying light pressure on the joints, activating small pressure receptors under the skin that help ease arthritis pain. It can also boost circulation throughout the body, increasing blood flow to the joints and increase flexibility and mobility.
• Improves posture. Sitting or standing for long periods of time can cause tension on the back and neck, resulting in poor posture. Massages can help the body reinforce its healthy and natural movements, relaxing the muscles and allowing the body to position itself in a natural and pain-free posture.
• Improve blood circulation and lower high blood pressure. Massages can lower blood pressure, enhance blood flow and improve the overall body function. With improved blood circulation brought about by getting regular massage therapy, a chain reaction happens in the body.
• Improve ADHD. A recent study showed that adolescents with ADHD who took 10 massage treatments for 2 weeks reported to be more content compared to those who received recreation therapy. It also showed that ADHD patients were less squirmy and had more on-task behavior compared with the group that received recreation therapy.
• Enhance athletic performance. Specific kinds of massages like sports massages are specially designed to heighten athletic performance. Today, many athletes get massages at training sites and arenas to establish blood flow and warm up their muscles before a sporting event or game.
• Increase flexibility. Massage can stimulate the production of the natural lubricants of the body, keeping its flexibility at a maximum. It works on the joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues to improve flexibility and range of motion. This keeps the joints more fluid and less prone to injury.
• Help with insomnia. Massage therapy can increase serotonin levels, naturally helping individuals to experience a good night’s sleep.
is fast becoming increasingly popular, as we are seeing a growing number of people realizing the powerful health benefits that it has to offer. Unlike conventional medications, messages have no short or long-term side effects. Aside from making you feel good; it can also improve your health and your quality of life.
Health Articles1. Causes Of Constipation - Vithai Piles Clinic
Author: vithai piles clinic
2. Making Sensual Fantasies A Reality
Author: John Dugan
3. How Occupational Therapy In Bangalore Helps For Autism? | Autism Centre Near Me | Capaar
4. Popular Long Acting Basal Insulin Available For All Types Of Diabetes
Author: Jessica Cristina
5. The Rapid Spread Of Acupuncture In The Western World
Author: Duncan Mcgechie
6. Why Take Ayurvedic Treatment For Muscular Dystrophy And Parkinson Disease
7. Have You Tried Ayurvedic Treatment For Your Diseases?
8. Stress Is A Major Problem In The 21st Century
Author: Duncan Mcgechie
9. Excellent Ayurvedic Treatment For Parkinson
10. Gratitude Humbling Experience Works Like A Medicine!
Author: William Jackson
11. Why Do You Need Dental Crowns?
12. Tips On How To Connect Dental Turbine Unit To Air Compressor
13. Cure Parkinson And Muscular Diseases With Ayurvedic Treatment Here
14. Mx3 Natural Food Supplement-healthcare
Author: ma.laiza bayquin
15. What Are Marijuana's Long-term Effects On The Brain?
Author: Jacob Holmes