ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Are The Health Benefits Of Massage Therapy?
Total Articles: 2
We all love getting massages in a relaxed atmosphere with dimmed lights, lit candles, comforting scents and soft music. However, there is more to massages than just relaxation; it also brings many . The practice of using touch for healing derives from ancient history.Western and Eastern Civilizations have found that massages can heal injuries, reduce stress, relieve pain, and cure and prevent illnesses. Massages can also promote the release of toxins from the body that cause many health issues.
• Help with back pain. Researchers from the Canadian Medical Association Journal has looked at various solutions for chronic lower back pain and found that massage therapy is one of the most effective treatments when it comes to .
• Relieve chronic pain. Massage increases serotonin levels, causing the body to naturally reduce pain. About 35 percent of people receiving massages reported less pain associated with soreness, injuries, stiffness and chronic health conditions.
• Control Diabetes. Massage therapy has been a recommended treatment for diabetics for more than 100 years. It has shown to help lower inflammation and restore the proper use of insulin.
• Relieve headaches. Regular massages help de-stress and relax the body. By relaxing trigger points and muscle spasms, it reduces the chances of experiencing tension headaches and migraine attacks. By focusing on the head, neck and shoulders, a massage can ease the pressure and decrease discomfort and pain.
• Reduce depression, fatigue and anxiety. Massages can help lower stress, improve fatigue and eliminate depression. Research has shown that depression is triggered by active chronic pain, and it alone can lead to muscle pain and tension, which is painful to live by on a day-to-day basis.
• Ease arthritis pain. Massage involves applying light pressure on the joints, activating small pressure receptors under the skin that help ease arthritis pain. It can also boost circulation throughout the body, increasing blood flow to the joints and increase flexibility and mobility.
• Improves posture. Sitting or standing for long periods of time can cause tension on the back and neck, resulting in poor posture. Massages can help the body reinforce its healthy and natural movements, relaxing the muscles and allowing the body to position itself in a natural and pain-free posture.
• Improve blood circulation and lower high blood pressure. Massages can lower blood pressure, enhance blood flow and improve the overall body function. With improved blood circulation brought about by getting regular massage therapy, a chain reaction happens in the body.
• Improve ADHD. A recent study showed that adolescents with ADHD who took 10 massage treatments for 2 weeks reported to be more content compared to those who received recreation therapy. It also showed that ADHD patients were less squirmy and had more on-task behavior compared with the group that received recreation therapy.
• Enhance athletic performance. Specific kinds of massages like sports massages are specially designed to heighten athletic performance. Today, many athletes get massages at training sites and arenas to establish blood flow and warm up their muscles before a sporting event or game.
• Increase flexibility. Massage can stimulate the production of the natural lubricants of the body, keeping its flexibility at a maximum. It works on the joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues to improve flexibility and range of motion. This keeps the joints more fluid and less prone to injury.
• Help with insomnia. Massage therapy can increase serotonin levels, naturally helping individuals to experience a good night’s sleep.
is fast becoming increasingly popular, as we are seeing a growing number of people realizing the powerful health benefits that it has to offer. Unlike conventional medications, messages have no short or long-term side effects. Aside from making you feel good; it can also improve your health and your quality of life.
Health Articles1. Teeth Stains: What You Need To Know?
Author: Joshua Su
2. For What Reason Is The Interest For An Enhancement On The Ascent ?
Author: nancy smith
3. How Can I Order Tramadol Online In Cheapest Price?
Author: Best Pharmacy Market
4. How Do Supplements Affect Human Life?
5. When To Consult A Counsellor And Why
Author: Lewis Thornton
6. Benefits Of Taking Up Training In Reformer Pilates
Author: Holly Coane
7. Is Tapentadol 100mg Habit-forming As Tramadol 100mg Pills
Author: Is TapenTadol 100mg habit-forming as Tramadol 100m
8. Phases And Importance Of Hcg Diet Plan
9. Buy Tramadol 100 Mg Online With Cod | Tramadol Online No Prescription
Author: Buy Tramadol 100 MG Online with COD | Tramadol COD
10. Few Reasons To Get A Medical Marijuana Card Saint Petersburg, Florida
Author: kevin Joseph
11. Ayurvedic Treatment A Superlative Way To Relieve Nephrotic Syndrome
Author: Karma Ayurveda
12. Why To Incorporate Chinese Herbal Medicine In Daily Life
Author: Seth Aslatt
13. How Learning To Adapt To Disability Can Take Time And Courage
Author: Derry Hall
14. Dental Implants – All You Need To Know!
Author: Nisha Dhankhar
15. Why Is Botox Treatment Needed?
Author: Cosmetic Surgeon San Antonio