ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Fix Disc Reading Problems In Xbox One Console
Purchased a CD of your favorite game, but it isn’t running when you inserted into your console’s disc drive? First, make sure that the disc is okay, if the CD is correct and running correctly on other devices then probably the issue is in the disc drive. To ensure that the problem is in your console, you can try running some other discs in your Xbox One to check if they are working fine. The trouble could be anywhere either in the CD or in the disc drive, here is identify the issue and fix disc-reading problems in Xbox One console.
Note: The solution given this guide will not apply on Xbox One S or on the console, which doesn’t have an optical disc drive.
Problem: Few discs run, but few do not.
If all discs are working fine, but only a single disc is not, then the problem is in that disc. Try these solutions to fix this problem.
Solution 1: Make sure the disc is not defective and clean
Check if there isn’t any defect, broken or scratch on the disc. Too much scratches or dust on the disc prevents the disc drive from reading the CD. Try cleaning the CD with a clean, soft, or slightly ...
... damp cloth. If cleaning the disc won’t work, use the next solution.
Solution 2: Check the disc in another console
Running the disc on other consoles helps in to discover the actual problem whether it is in the disc or the Xbox’s CD drive. If you’ve one more console in your house, try running the disc onto it. You can also check it on your friend’s Xbox or in a retail shop.
Solution 3: Install the Blu-ray player app
If the games discs are running, but not DVDs, CDs or Blu-ray discs, then you need to install the Blu-ray player app on your Xbox. Here is how.
1. Open ‘Guide’ on your Xbox.
2. Go to ‘Home.’
3. Select ‘Store’ from the right side.
4. Type ‘Blu-ray’ in the search field.
5. Select the correct app.
6. Start the installation with the ‘Get’ button.
Once the app is added to your Xbox One, you’ll be able to play DVDs, CDs or Blu-ray discs. But the region of your console and disc should be same. If none of these solutions helps, change the CD.
Problem: None of the discs run or get recognized.
After inserting the disc into the drive, if the console is still saying insert a disc, it means Xbox fails to recognize your disc. When none of any discs is running, or console fails to recognize all of them, try these solutions.
Solution: Check and adjust the power mode
Instant-on power mode could be the possible cause for the problem because it has been noticed in some console that they fail to read discs when they use this setting.
1. Open ‘Guide.’
2. Go to ‘System.’
3. Then select ‘Settings.’
4. Open ‘Power & Startup’.
5. Select ‘Power mode & startup’.
6. Go to ‘Power mode.’
7. Select ‘Energy-saving.’
8. Now, press the ‘Xbox’ (Power) button for at least 10 seconds. This will shut down your Xbox console.
9. Once your console shut down completely, again press the ‘Xbox’ (Power) button to restart it.
This process is called ‘hard power cycle,’ when the Xbox restarts, insert the disc into it and check if it recognizes the disc. If the disc is playing now, you can switch back to instant-on power mode. Use the next solution, if still, the disc is not running.
Aida Martin is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
IT expert having deep knowledge about PC antivirus products. Mainly researching and writing blogs. https://askmeyp.com/ | https://m4activate.co.uk/ | https://n4setup.co.uk/
Computers Articles1. 5 Must-have Features For Your Support Portal Solution
Author: Maulik Shah
2. What Are Apis And How To Protect Api Vulnerabilities?
3. How Fraud Detection System (fds) Works With Ai Technology
4. What Are Cyber-physical Attacks And How Dangerous Are They?
5. What Is Ransomware Forensics
6. How Does A Penetration Testing Service Work?
7. The Most Effective Method To Secure An Ecommerce Website
8. How To Make Your Computer Run Like New
9. Hubbroker : Championing Agility: Leading The Industry Through Ecosystem Integration
Author: Jenna Shah
10. What One Needs To Figure Out About Laptops
Author: subhan basha
11. Ip For High Performance Computing-socs For Artificial Intelligence-high Speed Chip-to-chip Interface Protocol
12. 3 Major Challenges That An It Helpdesk Agent Faces And How To Resolve Them
Author: Maulik Shah
13. How To Keep Your Important Files Safe
Author: Isabella Whitmore
14. Ransomware Detection Through Threat Hunting
15. Advantages Of Cloud Infrastructure Security