ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Palak Paneer In Its Punjabi Version And Different Style
I am sure that you all must have thought of that green colored Palak Paneer sabji. Though the ingredients are the same, I have tried making it the same way I had relished when I visited Punjab the last week. Oh, and that reminds me of that lip-smacking taste of the sabji which has instantly brought waters in my mouth. I know that right now, many of you will be like, yucks Palak! But, trust me and just make the dish. You guys are sure to lick your fingers at the end.
1. 2 bunches of spinach leaves
2. Vegetable oil or normal oil for frying
3. 225 grams paneer, cut into cubes
4. 2 tablespoons butter along with some extra
5. 1 roughly chopped onion
6. 3-4 finely chopped green chilies
7. 2-3 roughly chopped garlic cloves
8. 2-inch ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
9. Salt as per the taste
10. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
11. 1 teaspoon garam masala
12. 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
13. 2 tablespoons very fine cornmeal
Making of Punjabi style Palak Paneer:
1. Take the spinach leaves and thoroughly wash with cold water. Roughly chop the spinach leaves along with the stems. Take a deep pan, and add water to it. Add the chopped spinach and bring water to boil. Cover the lid and let the Spinach get cooked for about 20-25 minutes. Remove the lid and let the Spinach cook for few more minutes.
2. Meanwhile, take a large non-stick pan and heat it over a medium flame. Add oil to the pan and then add the Paneer cubes. Shallow fry the cubes until golden brown. Gently transfer the Paneer cubes to another plate and keep it aside.
3. Take another pan or just clean the pan with oil in it and heat some butter in it. Once the butter melts, add the chopped onions, chili, garlic, and ginger. Saute for about 5-10 minutes until onions soften. Then, add the salt, cumin seeds, garam masala, and turmeric powder. Mix well and cook for a few minutes. Keep stirring continuously.
4. Then, add the paneer and mix gently. Properly cover each piece of paneer with the onion mixture. Turn off the gas.
5. Now, all the water must have evaporated from the spinach. Add the cornmeal to the pan and mash the spinach using a masher. Mash until a smooth texture is achieved and the mixture achieves a thick consistency. As soon as you are done with blending, add the paneer and onion mixture to the pan. Mix gently and serve it hot along with roti or sabji.
Author’s bio: The author of the article is very health conscious and prefers eating healthy food for dinner. Her weekday dinner mostly consists of roti, this Punjabi-styled Palak Paneer along with any Dal. She recommends many people to try the dish.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. 5 Spices That Are Good For Your Kid’s Health
Author: Alex Warner
2. Prevent These 4 Mistakes When Buying A Wine
Author: David Kelly
3. Mid-night Flowers & Cakes Delivery Is An Awesome Deal (explained)
4. Eating Healthy Food Is Good (explained)
5. The Secret Behind Neapolitan Pizza
Author: Simon Fadous
6. Feeling Tired To Cook Delicious & Healthy Indian Food? Follow The Guide!
7. Delicious Hand-crafted Cookies Supplier In Uae At Very Less Price
8. Switch To Healthy Breakfast, Switch To Healthy Moong Dal Dhokla Recipe!
Author: Snehal Desai
9. All Fun No Worries! Cater Ninja Diwali House Party Catering Service
Author: Anup Agarwal
10. Looking For Accessible Indian Restaurant In Orlando? We Have Got The Option Ready For You (explained
11. Indian Dishes That Are Great Blend Of Spices
Author: Alex Warner
12. Pind Balluchi – Best Place For Delicious Food
13. Advantages Of Food Kitchen Scale
14. Healthy And Testy Handcrafted Cookie Online At Eminent-global
15. Casa M Spice CoⓇ: The Best Bbq Spice Blend
Author: Mike Hernandez