ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Enhance Your Kurta With These Mesmerizing Lucknowi Chikankari Dupatta
Total Articles: 17
The Indian fashion scene is incomplete without a beautiful dupatta. While many love to wear sarees or lehengas, kurtas and kurtis are more common thesedays amongst the young girls and ladies. A beautiful georgette chikankari dupatta can enhance your attire in the most stunning way.
Lucknowi chikankari dupatta feature a rich and ethnic hand-embroidery. This work can be done on various fabrics like georgette, cotton and others. A georgette chikankari dupatta is very fine, lightweight and aesthetically appealing.
The origin of this work dates back to 3rd century BC. One theory states that this work was initially started by Indians. A traveler, while passing by a village in Lucknow, passed on this skill to a peasant who treated him well. Lucknow city is the most renowned place for Chikankari work in India. It is also believed that Norjahan, the queen of Emperor Jahangir introduced Chikankari embroidery in India.
With their origin dating back to the Mughal Era, it is only too natural that chikankari art is inspired by nature. One can find plenty of flowers, paisley patterns and leaves in this art form. Today, there are many different types of Chikankari embroidery such as hool, jaali work and banarasi styles. The most popular one is the Bakhiya work or the shadow work, which involves using a back-stitch, chain-stitch and a running stitch to embroider motifs in white hues from the back side on a translucent fabric, such that it creates a shadow effect. These stitches are soul pleasing and also soaked in our rich history, tradition and culture.
Ways of Styling
•Chikankari dupatta can be styled with long kurtas of ankle length or even with knee length dupattas. As these dupattas feature full and heavy embroidery, ensure that you team it up with a plain kurta or one with minimal print or embroidery. The focus should be given to the Lucknowi chikankari dupatta.
•You can also get sequins work or pearl work done on your chikankari dupatta to enhance and enrich its look.
•A Georgette chikankari dupatta looks very rich and elegant because the georgette material gives a flow and grace to the ensemble, taking the overall look to the next level.
So grab your Lucknowi chikankari dupatta now from the very famous craftmagic.in, the only online portal which deals in traditional dupattas straight from master artisans spread across the nation.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Necklace Urns - The Most Practical Way To Keep Your Lost One Close To The Heart
Author: Andrew Wilson
2. Want To Keep A Favorite One Close To Your Heart Always? Get A Necklace For Ashes
Author: Andrew Wilson
3. Buying Guide For Taking Home The Most Suitable Formal Clothing
4. Top Kurtis Style For Office Wear, Dailly Wear & Party Wear
Author: Jaipur Kurti
5. How To Select Casual Clothes For Men For Parties
6. Top 5 Styles In Branded Formal Shirts You Must Buy
Author: Akash Mishra
7. Sporran For Sale
Author: Sporran For Sale
8. The Beginner-friendly Cryptocurrency Investment Strategy
9. The Style And Flair Of An Leather Bag
Author: Ceuro Bags
10. Dress Up Smartly In Stunning Lucknow Chikankari Dupattas
11. Best T-shirt For Men That Are Trending These Days
Author: Rajat Mishra
12. 6 Benefits Of Promotional T-shirts
Author: t-shirt manufacturers, t-shirt manufacturer
13. Redefine Your Style With Latest Sweatshirts And Hoodies For Girls
Author: Jirin Pandya
14. Break Into The Desire Of Chic Techwear Brands
Author: Nancy Smith
15. Tips To Keep Your Look Updated With The Latest Fashion Trends
Author: Anika Jonas