ALL >> Health >> View Article
Tips For Preventing Gum Diseases
Do your gums bleed when you brush every day? If yes, you might be suffering from Periodontitis, also known as Gum Disease. Gum Diseases is a result of gum decay because of bacterial growth. It causes bleeding of gums, the decay of the tooth, and damage of tissues surrounding the tooth.
Gum disease is usually preceded by Gum Inflammation. In this stage, the gums start bleeding and inflate. They might even bleed during brushing. The teeth are still intact in sockets at this stage. It is the first sign that your gums need to be checked by a dentist at the earliest.
If you leave Gum Inflammation untreated, the gum decay starts forming pockets and lead to Gum Diseases. The pockets start storing bacteria and form plaque. While the immune system of the body fights against this, the toxins formed by the bacteria start to break the tissues surrounding the teeth and damage the bone. At this stage, there are chances you could lose a tooth.
Causes Of Gum Disease
The bacterial growth or plaque is the main cause of Gum Disease. A few other causes that contribute to developing gum inflammation and gum disease areas listed below:
1. Hormonal changes – In women, gums are very sensitive during menstruation, menopause, and pregnancy. This is because of an imbalance in hormones. Gum Inflammation is quite common during this time. Men also experience Gum Diseases due to hormonal changes in the body.
2. Another sickness – Any other mouth disease or other ailments also contribute to gum inflammation or gum disease. Diabetes, cancer, and HIV patients are at a higher risk of gum infections. If you are experiencing any ailment, it is good to visit a dentist and prevent any serious damage to your gums or teeth.
3. Drugs – Some medicines affect our oral health by reducing the flow of saliva in our mouths. They also cause the growth of bacteria in the mouth, which results in gum diseases and gum inflammation.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle – Not brushing regularly or flossing on a daily basis accelerates the growth of bacteria in our mouth. A habit like smoking regularly also affects the health of your gum and teeth. Gum diseases are very common in people who chew tobacco or smoke on a daily basis.
5. Family History – Genetics and family inheritance plays an important role in spreading of gum infections. Dental diseases could be passed genetically from one generation to another.
Gum infections progress slowly, without causing much pain. It is difficult to identify any gum diseases in its initial phase. It is only when the obvious symptoms start surfacing that one realizes their gums are decaying.
Some of the obvious gum diseases symptoms are:
Swelling of gums
Pockets formed between teeth and gums
Losing of teeth
Formation of dentures between teeth
These are common symptoms of gum diseases. Once you start noticing these, visit a dentist before the infection flares and spreads to the teeth tissues.
Treatment For Gum Disease
When you treat gum disease, you essentially reattach your teeth and gums. This reduces the welling of gum and fills the pockets formed between the gums and teeth.
The dental treatment depends on the extent of gum diseases spread in your mouth. The treatment options could be both – surgical and non-surgical.
While treatment may vary as per suggested by your dentist, there are a few prevention methods that you could follow. Controlling plaque formation in your mouth reduces risks of gum diseases and helps in treating your gum inflammation naturally.
Below are some Oral Health Care Tips that help to prevent gum disease and aid in the treatment of gum disease:
Stop smoking and tobacco chewing to reduce risks of developing gum diseases.
Stress also contributes to gum diseases. Reduce stress to have an active immune system to fight infections.
Eat food with less sugar content in it to avoid the risk of gum decay.
Avoid exerting force on the tissues surrounding your teeth. Weak tissues paired with gum diseases are bad for oral health.
Sometimes even after following good habits to avoid gum diseases, you could develop infections, especially if you have a family history of dental diseases. If you are showing any symptoms of gum infections, you must visit a dentist at the earliest. Gum diseases are often taken lightly, but they weaken your immune system and could cause more harm than expected. Get yourself treated for healthy teeth and Everything Health!
1. The Causes Symptoms and Prevention of Cavities in Children.
2. Food Tips For A High Blood Pressure Diet.
Health Articles1. Why Thai Massage? A Complete Over View
Author: Yash Ayra
2. How To Use Soma? What Soma Strength You Should Take?
Author: Jaxon Powell
3. Where To Buy Soma Meds Online Legally From Usa Pharmacy?
Author: Where to Buy Soma Meds Online Legally from USA Pha
4. How To Tell The Difference Between Herpes And Jock Itch
Author: John Dugan
5. Sarms Or Steroids - Which One Is The Ultimate Choice?
6. Tramadol Without Prescription: Is Tramadol Prescribed Pills For Pain Relief?
Author: Tramadol without Prescription: Is Tramadol Prescri
7. Practical Ways To Select The Best Healthcare Management System (hms)!
Author: Ash Rakars
8. Fut Or Fue? Choosing The Right Hair Transplant Option
Author: Pioneer Hair Transplant Center
9. How Much Cost Of Tramadol Should Be On The Street?
Author: How much cost of Tramadol should be on the street?
10. Tramadol For Female: Side Effects For Pregnant While Taking Without Prescription?
Author: Tramadol for female: Side effects for pregnant whi
11. Modafinil: A Drug That Promotes Wakefulness
Author: Denial Haugh
12. How Lasik Eye Treatment May Help You Eradicate Your Eyeglasses
Author: Rotary Eye Care Hospital
13. Vidalista 60mg Pills
Author: mybest chemist
14. Shri Adithya Hospital
Author: Dr.Ravindra kumar
15. How To Choose The Right Walking Stick