ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Let’s Uncover The History Of Pasta
Total Articles: 1
Pasta, a staple food of Italian cuisine, has become one of the world’s most accessible foods. This popular, inexpensive staple has taken different, unique versions in different countries. In the US, lasagna pasta in Colorado Springs is made and served similarly to the way it is found in Italy. Even though pasta is traditionally Italian, it has a different story and is almost impossible to know who came up with the dish first. But, one thing is sure, Italian pasta was not born yesterday.
So what is the history of pasta and how did it get to Italy? The widespread belief of Marco Polo introducing pasta in Italy after his travel to China in 1295 is false. A magazine article proves that pasta was already known in Italy before Marco Polo. Ultimately, it is a combined effort of both human intelligence, creativity, and evolution. Many historians also believe that spaghetti was not native to the Mediterranean but originated in Arabic countries and even Africa, which is known for Kamut crops. This crop is used to make a pasta shape that originated in Africa that was renamed Fregola.
Lasagna, ravioli, linguini, and vermicelli are the first pasta shapes in the history of Italian food. In the past, the pasta recipes include small, fine pasta such as vermicelli cooked in soups, broths or in almond milk to create a gruel or mush.
The year 1600 is the golden age of manufacturing pasta when the introduction of the extrusion press and brake had taken full force in the industry. During those days, pasta made by the extrusion press was superior to the pasta made by hand as the consistency of the pasta shapes and the texture were identical from one piece of pasta to the next which is impossible with home-made pasta.
Pasta and Italian Cuisine
Did you know Italians are the first to serve pasta as the main dish? Yes, they are responsible for how pasta is eaten today. They are well-known to mix the best, fresh, local ingredients to their pasta recipes to create wonderful pasta sauces.
Are you planning to eat out this weekend? Didn’t find the right dining restaurant? Rocco's Italian Restaurant, the leading family Italian restaurant in Colorado Springs, serves the best Italian dishes for you to explore. Visit http://www.roccoscolorado.com/ to order your favorite pasta or a bucket of spaghetti in Colorado Springs.
The author of this article is associated with a leading family Italian restaurant in Colorado Springs. In this article, he explains the twisted history of pasta. Visit http://www.roccoscolorado.com/ for more information.
Since 1982, Rocco's Italian Restaurant has been serving Italian food in Colorado Springs to delight every guest. Our extended menu provides more choices, variety and better-for-you options with modern-day Italian traditions.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Texture Modified Diet – Peach Puree
Author: Fruit Blendz
2. Fruits And Vegetable Market Grows At A Cagr Of ~7.62% By 2023
Author: Aarkstore Enterprises
3. Three Best Things You Should Be Learning About Saffronorlando Restaurant (explained)
4. Taste These Amazing Appetizers In Orlando (explained)
5. Local Eating Is Now More Than A Fashion Effect Indeed It Is A Citizen Act More And More Inked …
Author: Gourmet Home Food
6. Varieties Of Rice | Best Indian Restaurant In Bracknell
Author: Queens Kitchen
7. You Should Be Doing These Two Things Being In Orlando (explained)
8. Need To Enlighten Occasions? Cakes & Special Desserts Would Do
9. Here Is How To Choose The Best Food Processor
10. How Italian Cuisine Keeps You Healthy – 4 Benefits
Author: Peter Polifroni
11. Best Lunch Party At Watermark Grille In Naples, Florida
Author: Watermark Grille
12. 5 Health Benefits Of Wood Fired Pizzas You Need To Know
Author: Peter Polifroni
13. So You Are Wondering Whether To Have Plated Meals Or A Buffet At Your Upcoming Event? You Are Not Al
Author: Tara Vella
14. Take Good Find The Best Lunch Restaurants | North Indian Restaurants Near Me In Burari. Delhi
Author: North Indian Restaurants Near Me
15. Top-quality Food Delivery Service In Nolensville
Author: Richard Mize