ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How Do You Know It Is Time For Ac Duct Replacement?
As ductworks are hidden away in our walls and ceilings, we often tend to forget about it. What we seldom fail to realize is that ductworks function efficiently to transfer both cool and warm air from the HVAC systems to different corners of your room. However, as these ducts age, it begins to develop leaks and cracks, making it less effective than normal.
You will know when it is time for an AC duct replacement in Houston when you experience the following signs.
Are you experiencing respiratory problems or unexplained allergies recently? This may be caused due to excessive dust and dirt that is circulating through your AC ducts. High level of dust in the ductwork can affect the indoor air quality adversely and cause health issues. If it has been a while since you have last cleaned your AC duct and you are experiencing poor air quality and allergies, it may be time to call an HVAC professional to inspect your air duct.
Noisy HVAC unit
Generally, the HVAC systems function quietly and if you seem to notice any kind of unusual sounds from the unit, it is a sign that the ducts are not functioning properly. You can also expect a noisy unit if the ductwork is too small. In this case, the HVAC system functions harder to push air through the duct, which affects the system and increases the utility bills.
Smelly indoor air
Humid climatic conditions lead to the growth of mold inside the ductwork when it starts to blow cool air. Leaking ducts can also cause the development of mold and blow unhealthy and smelly air into your homes. Therefore, if you smell mildew, call a professional HVAC technician to inspect the ductwork thoroughly for mildew.
Are you experiencing inconsistent temperature in some parts of your home? This could indicate that you have a leaky duct system. If there is an imbalance in the ductwork, it could also cause the inconsistent interior temperature in your homes.
These are some of the most common signs that you need an AC duct replacement in Houston. Replacing your AC duct by hiring an HVAC professional is relatively beneficial as you can expect a sharp decrease in the energy bills as the system will now function efficiently. Properly sized, clean, and sealed ducts are essential for healthy and efficient functioning of the HVAC system. It also enhances the lifespan of the heating and cooling system.
The efficiency of the HVAC system depends on the ductworks and therefore it is important to maintain and clean it regularly so that your system functions smoothly and competently all year.
PriorityAC LLC, one of the leading residential and commercial HVAC contractors offering services such as HVAC repair, 24-hour AC repair, AC duct replacement, AC maintenance, and other air conditioning services in Houston, Katy, and Cypress, TX. To know more, visit www.priorityacpro.com/blog.
Home and Garden Articles1. Rug Patterns All Set To Become Increasingly Popular Among Young Homeowners
Author: Phoebe Holland
2. Permission Required: To Cut & Grow Chandan Ki Kheti
Author: Tirupati Nursery
3. Order The Best Variety Cacti And Succulents Through Registered And Licensed Supplier
Author: Mark Ramirez
4. Reasons To Have Professional Carpet Cleaning
Author: Nick Koych
5. Searching For Rugs Online Uk? Here Are Some Things You Need To Know
Author: Phoebe Holland
6. Improve The Appearance Of Your Home Exterior With Professional Painters
Author: Pro Painters Calgary
7. Tips To Choose And Use The Curtains Effectively
Author: Al Kilani Fabrics
8. Vital Information About Bug Removal In Franklin
Author: David Alexander
9. Professional Garage Door Installation Takes The Curb Appeal Of Your Home To The Next Level
10. How To Select Good Quality Microwave For Your Home?
Author: Best Micro Ovens
11. How To Find And Choose An Appliance Repair Company In Naples Fl?
Author: Keith Chazin
12. Why Laminate Flooring Is Best For Families With Kids & Pets?
Author: Dylan Holland
13. Distinct Type Of Japanese Dinnerware And Floor Chairs For Use
Author: Joseph Williams
14. How To Turn Your Roof Into An Entertainment Zone
Author: Lincoln Gawler
15. What To Look For When You Opt For Roofing Solutions
Author: Michael Gilmore