ALL >> Sports >> View Article
The Fastest Growing Indoor Sport In The World – Futsal
With the advancement in the sport of futsal, popularity is increasing day by day. UEFA and FIFA are organizing multiple competitions around the globe. Especially in Asia and Europe, futsal is growing at a rapid speed. Same is the case with futsal in Singapore. The sport has seen a lot of advancement over the years with categories of 6-a-side and 7-a-side also coming into existence. Let’s explore how futsal is growing rapidly and how there are more and more players taking part in the sport.
The development of the sport
In 2012, FIFA organized the Futsal World Cup which took place in Thailand. The competition was televised to a total of 196 territories. This indicated a growth of 36% from 2008. Futsal is now present in almost all parts of the globe, and people have loved playing the sport and showcasing their skills. The 2012 Futsal World Cup saw over 140 million people who were engrossed in the tournament. There are positive trends for players, viewers, as well as sponsors.
The significant following of the sport lies in Asia and Europe. In Singapore, futsal is growing drastically too. UEFA and Asian Football Confederation (AFC) are the two branches that control the activities of futsal in their respective continents. The competition organized by UEFA, Champions League 2019 is another such example of how the sport is gaining importance and popularity. This was the 18th edition that was organized by UEFA. Futsal has even entered the Olympic stage.
Benefits of playing futsal
It is not just the dynamics of the sport that interest the players. There are multiple health benefits associated with playing on a futsal pitch.
• Futsal requires intense focus and muscle strength. With the development of the sport to 6-a-side and 7-a-side,it tests and improves your physical condition.
• It also helps in strengthening your immune system. It reduces the chances of falling sick to multiple diseases.
• Since the number of players in futsal is comparatively less, the sport checks your team management and passing skills. Players can freely show their skills and techniques on the ball too.
• Futsal requires quick and simple reactions. It helps in improving the functioning of the brain, and at the same time, it also increases dexterity.
• The training in futsal is extensive, and this helps in reducing the development of cardiovascular diseases. It straight away eliminates bad cholesterol and lowers blood pressure.
Futsal in Singapore
Like every other place around the globe, the craze of futsal has increased in Singapore as well. Studies of futsal in Singapore have shown that futsal helps in developing the technical ability of young players. The futsal pitches are readily available throughout Singapore, and there are options of going for 5-a-side, 6-a-side, and 7-a-side futsal. Futsal booking in Singapore is simple and requires barely any time. All you have to do is visit sites such as West Coast Pitch and pick a date and reserve a slot and make payment online! Enjoy this wonderful and exciting game of futsal with your friends and other players.
Sports Articles1. Enjoy Fishing During This Weekend
Author: Rogers Stevens
2. Play Interactive Quiz Contests And Win Real Money, Both At Kwizzy!
Author: Pinky park
3. Take Part In Spectacular Quarantine Quizzes At Kwizzy!
Author: Pinky park
4. Get Slow Pitch Softball Bats For Sale At Hb Sports
Author: Chris Bastien
5. Compression T-shirts- Your Perfect Athletic Companion
Author: Jennifer Quinn
6. Which Are The Major Aspect You Need To Know About Knee Sleeves For Runners
Author: Jennifer Quinn
7. The Explosive Growth Of Fantasy Esports In The Market
8. Reboot Your Game With Fantasy Football
Author: Sam Klein
9. An In-depth Analysis Of The Types Of Online Sports Betting
10. Explore A Horseback Riding Holiday For A Different Experience!
11. Choosing A Horseback Riding Camp
12. Sports Magazine In India
13. Victor Thruster K Falcon Badminton Racket: An Honest Review
Author: Jeremy Hughes
14. Why Portugal Is Famous For Water Surfing
Author: Marco Pere
15. Fc Highland Soccer Academy Announces Former Fifa World Cup Soccer Player As Director Of Coaching