ALL >> Sports >> View Article
The Fastest Growing Indoor Sport In The World – Futsal
With the advancement in the sport of futsal, popularity is increasing day by day. UEFA and FIFA are organizing multiple competitions around the globe. Especially in Asia and Europe, futsal is growing at a rapid speed. Same is the case with futsal in Singapore. The sport has seen a lot of advancement over the years with categories of 6-a-side and 7-a-side also coming into existence. Let’s explore how futsal is growing rapidly and how there are more and more players taking part in the sport.
The development of the sport
In 2012, FIFA organized the Futsal World Cup which took place in Thailand. The competition was televised to a total of 196 territories. This indicated a growth of 36% from 2008. Futsal is now present in almost all parts of the globe, and people have loved playing the sport and showcasing their skills. The 2012 Futsal World Cup saw over 140 million people who were engrossed in the tournament. There are positive trends for players, viewers, as well as sponsors.
The significant following of the sport lies in Asia and Europe. In Singapore, futsal is growing drastically too. UEFA and Asian Football Confederation (AFC) are the two branches that control the activities of futsal in their respective continents. The competition organized by UEFA, Champions League 2019 is another such example of how the sport is gaining importance and popularity. This was the 18th edition that was organized by UEFA. Futsal has even entered the Olympic stage.
Benefits of playing futsal
It is not just the dynamics of the sport that interest the players. There are multiple health benefits associated with playing on a futsal pitch.
• Futsal requires intense focus and muscle strength. With the development of the sport to 6-a-side and 7-a-side,it tests and improves your physical condition.
• It also helps in strengthening your immune system. It reduces the chances of falling sick to multiple diseases.
• Since the number of players in futsal is comparatively less, the sport checks your team management and passing skills. Players can freely show their skills and techniques on the ball too.
• Futsal requires quick and simple reactions. It helps in improving the functioning of the brain, and at the same time, it also increases dexterity.
• The training in futsal is extensive, and this helps in reducing the development of cardiovascular diseases. It straight away eliminates bad cholesterol and lowers blood pressure.
Futsal in Singapore
Like every other place around the globe, the craze of futsal has increased in Singapore as well. Studies of futsal in Singapore have shown that futsal helps in developing the technical ability of young players. The futsal pitches are readily available throughout Singapore, and there are options of going for 5-a-side, 6-a-side, and 7-a-side futsal. Futsal booking in Singapore is simple and requires barely any time. All you have to do is visit sites such as West Coast Pitch and pick a date and reserve a slot and make payment online! Enjoy this wonderful and exciting game of futsal with your friends and other players.
Sports Articles1. Latest News And Specials From The Vines Mini Golf Club
Author: Carly Odgers
2. Some Crucial Safety Tips While Using Airsoft Ammunition
Author: Nikki Smith
3. New Zealand Beat India By 10 Wicket In The 1st Test In Wellington.
4. How To Enjoy A Memorable Paragliding Experience?
Author: John Marius
5. Portugal's Most Famous Surf School | A Perfect Surfing Camps
Author: Marco Pere - Estela Surf & Hostel
6. 2020 Badminton Debate: Yonex Arcsaber 11 Vs. Yonex Duora 10
Author: Jeremy Hughes
7. Choosing A Golf Course When Traveling
Author: Golf Lounge
8. How Much Does It Cost To Develop Sports Betting App Like William Hill?
Author: Robbie Royce
9. How To Avoid Injuries With Sports Strapping Tape
10. Decoding Fantasy Cricket And It’s Lively Experience
Author: sam klein
11. Mobile App-based Sports Betting – The Future Of Sports Betting
Author: Robbie Royce
12. Lebron James Got The Touch! L.a. Lakers Vs. Spurs Highlights!
Author: Donnie Smith
13. Shotgun Heat Shield Must Be Used To Enhance The Safety Measures!
Author: Mike Lopez
14. Self Defence Hoppers Crossing Point Cook: Engage In The Form Of Learning Martial Arts
Author: Marco Stoinis
15. Calcio Napoli News