ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Jodhpur- The Sun City
Jodhpur is the 2nd largest city in Rajasthan. It is the capital of marwar kingdom, and it is situated in the Thar Desert. It is also known as “The Blue City” because the color of maximum house is blue. The founder of Jodhpur city was Rao Jodha, a chief of Rathor clan, the city was founded in 1459. Earlier old Jodhpur city was covered by a wall with several gates but now it is expanding outside the wall. Jodhpur has many famous institutes including IIT Jodhpur and Aiims Jodhpur.
Some Places to visit in Jodhpur:-
Mehrangarh fort was built by Rao Jodha in 1460 and it is one of the biggest fort in india. Its height from ground is about 400 feet and it contains very thick walls. In mehrangarh fort there is a museum, in that museum there is a huge collection of weapons which were used by different kings in different battles. You can see the entire city from the fort and the blue city looks very nice from the fort. You can enjoy zip lining in the fort.
Umaid bhawan Palace
It was built in earlier 1929 and finished in 1943; it is built on the top of a highest hill of the city. It has 347 rooms. Now this place is converted into 3 parts, one part is for the royal family, another two parts are converted into hotel and museum. The museum contains stunning Vintage cars, and history of different rulers.
This is the most peaceful place in Jodhpur, which includes a museum and a fort named Mandore fort and a temple. Mondore was the capital of Marwar kingdom before Jodhpur established. It was built in about 6th century.
Jaswant thada was built in 1899 by Maharaja Sardar Singh in the memory of Maharaja Jaswant Singh. This place includes some Gazebos, a beautiful garden and a small lake.
Kaylana Lake is situated 8km from Jodhpur. This is an artificial lake and built in 1872 by Pratap Singh in the area of 84 km. earlier many palaces and gardens were here, destroyed to make this artificial lake. Now whole Jodhpur city and surrounding towns are depend on this lake for drinking water.
Bishnoi village is known for Sacrifices of people of bishnoi sect for trees and animals. Khejri trees and Chinkara are the most valuable for this village. You can do safari here in the chinkara trails and Osian Desert. In the safari you can spot black buck, chinkara, blue bulls, Desert foxes and many more animals. In village you can see chinkaras at the gate of houses, here people takes care of wild animals like their children. Chinkaras do not hesitate to go near the people of Bishnoi village.
Mobile No.:- +91-9829804494
Website: - http://www.bishnoisafari.com/
Travel Articles1. Egypt And Jordan Luxury Tours-what To Know About Them
Author: Cliff Collins
2. Everest Base Camp Trek — A General Overview
Author: we ramblers
3. Ontario Received Additional 700 Nominations For 2019
4. Here Is Why Annapurna Circuit Trek Is The Best Long Trek In The World!
Author: we ramblers
5. Everest Base Camp Trek - How Difficult Is This Trek And What To Pack?
Author: we ramblers
6. Top 5 Resorts In Maldives
Author: Rocking Trips
7. Three Important Questions To Ask Online Transportation Service Providers Before Hiring Them
Author: morgan cooper
8. Mire Los Comportamientos Superiores En El Turismo De Kerala
Author: Jessica Johansson
9. Wedding Car Rental Jaipur
Author: Virendra Singh
10. Make The Most Of Your Party With Our Excellent Party Bus Rental Dc
Author: Make the Most of Your Party with Our Excellent Par
11. Benefits Of Using Gatwick Airport Transfer
12. Why Do Business Executives Prefer Private Flight Charter?
Author: Avi Baba
13. Make Your Trip Complete With The Magical Kenya Safari Tours
Author: John Smith
14. 6 Great Reasons Why Grenada Should Be On Your Bucket List
Author: Deepak Nangla
15. Kilimanjaro Mountain Trek - A Great Way To Unleash The Power And Stamina Of The Trekkers
Author: Robert Queen