ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Septic Tank Pumping: Process, When To Clean, And Cost
What is septic tank pumping?
Septic tank pumping is the process of removing scum, sludge, and effluent from the septic tank and cleaning it properly. Septic tanks should be pumped out every three to five years. However, if you have a small septic tank, it should be pumped out every year.
When you hire a septic tank pumping company, they will first check the level of scum and sludge depth to determine whether cleaning is required. If your septic tank requires cleaning, your septic tank company starts by emptying the tank and removing all the solid waste that has been collected in the septic tank.
A septic pump collects the waste. This pump sucks scum, wastewater, and sludge from the septic tank. After removing all the waste, they use gully suckers to do the heavy cleaning. Your pumping professionals make sure that the heavy sludge is removed to make space for proper drainage. If your septic tank has not been cleared for years, then there are probable chances that drain field is clogged as well. Your septic pumping company uses heavy cleaning to open the clogged drain field.
When to clean a septic tank?
This is the most common question asked by users. Usually, a septic tank should be cleaned every three to five years, but some tanks may require cleaning every one year depending on the number of users and the size of the tank. You should ask your septic tank pumping professional to suggest the ideal period for pumping the septic tank. He or she will tell you the cleaning requirement of your septic tank after calculating usage and size of the tank. If you do not remember when you clean the septic tank last time, here are the few signs that will tell you it is time to clean your septic tank:
If your sinks, toilets, and bathroom drains are not flushing as energetically as usual or if you notice any sign of sewage backup, there are probable chances that your septic tank has been full and need pumping.
When your septic system gets full, it efficiency decreases and gases start accumulating in the tank. These odor-causing gases start escaping from your toilet, drain pipes, and drain field. If you smell these gases, it is time to pump out your septic tank.
If you find out that grass above the drain field is growing faster than the surrounding area, there are greater chances that wastewater is overflowing and the tank needs to be cleaned.
What is the cost of septic tank pumping?
Cost of septic tank pumping depends on the size of the tank. It may cost you anywhere $100 to $500. However, if drain field is clogged, it may cost you more. But still, septic tank pumping is far cheaper than septic tank replacement that cost $5000 to $10,000.
DraneRanger provides various liquid waste management solutions such as grease and lint trap cleaning, lift station and wet well cleaning, septic tank cleaning and maintenance, and vacuum truck services in Houston, Pearland, Alvin, and Sugar Land. To more know, visit http://draneranger.com/services/.
Home and Garden Articles1. Rug Patterns All Set To Become Increasingly Popular Among Young Homeowners
Author: Phoebe Holland
2. Permission Required: To Cut & Grow Chandan Ki Kheti
Author: Tirupati Nursery
3. Order The Best Variety Cacti And Succulents Through Registered And Licensed Supplier
Author: Mark Ramirez
4. Reasons To Have Professional Carpet Cleaning
Author: Nick Koych
5. Searching For Rugs Online Uk? Here Are Some Things You Need To Know
Author: Phoebe Holland
6. Improve The Appearance Of Your Home Exterior With Professional Painters
Author: Pro Painters Calgary
7. Tips To Choose And Use The Curtains Effectively
Author: Al Kilani Fabrics
8. Vital Information About Bug Removal In Franklin
Author: David Alexander
9. Professional Garage Door Installation Takes The Curb Appeal Of Your Home To The Next Level
10. How To Select Good Quality Microwave For Your Home?
Author: Best Micro Ovens
11. How To Find And Choose An Appliance Repair Company In Naples Fl?
Author: Keith Chazin
12. Why Laminate Flooring Is Best For Families With Kids & Pets?
Author: Dylan Holland
13. Distinct Type Of Japanese Dinnerware And Floor Chairs For Use
Author: Joseph Williams
14. How To Turn Your Roof Into An Entertainment Zone
Author: Lincoln Gawler
15. What To Look For When You Opt For Roofing Solutions
Author: Michael Gilmore