ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Septic Tank Pumping: Process, When To Clean, And Cost
What is septic tank pumping?
Septic tank pumping is the process of removing scum, sludge, and effluent from the septic tank and cleaning it properly. Septic tanks should be pumped out every three to five years. However, if you have a small septic tank, it should be pumped out every year.
When you hire a septic tank pumping company, they will first check the level of scum and sludge depth to determine whether cleaning is required. If your septic tank requires cleaning, your septic tank company starts by emptying the tank and removing all the solid waste that has been collected in the septic tank.
A septic pump collects the waste. This pump sucks scum, wastewater, and sludge from the septic tank. After removing all the waste, they use gully suckers to do the heavy cleaning. Your pumping professionals make sure that the heavy sludge is removed to make space for proper drainage. If your septic tank has not been cleared for years, then there are probable chances that drain field is clogged as well. Your septic pumping company ...
... uses heavy cleaning to open the clogged drain field.
When to clean a septic tank?
This is the most common question asked by users. Usually, a septic tank should be cleaned every three to five years, but some tanks may require cleaning every one year depending on the number of users and the size of the tank. You should ask your septic tank pumping professional to suggest the ideal period for pumping the septic tank. He or she will tell you the cleaning requirement of your septic tank after calculating usage and size of the tank. If you do not remember when you clean the septic tank last time, here are the few signs that will tell you it is time to clean your septic tank:
If your sinks, toilets, and bathroom drains are not flushing as energetically as usual or if you notice any sign of sewage backup, there are probable chances that your septic tank has been full and need pumping.
When your septic system gets full, it efficiency decreases and gases start accumulating in the tank. These odor-causing gases start escaping from your toilet, drain pipes, and drain field. If you smell these gases, it is time to pump out your septic tank.
If you find out that grass above the drain field is growing faster than the surrounding area, there are greater chances that wastewater is overflowing and the tank needs to be cleaned.
What is the cost of septic tank pumping?
Cost of septic tank pumping depends on the size of the tank. It may cost you anywhere $100 to $500. However, if drain field is clogged, it may cost you more. But still, septic tank pumping is far cheaper than septic tank replacement that cost $5000 to $10,000.
DraneRanger provides various liquid waste management solutions such as grease and lint trap cleaning, lift station and wet well cleaning, septic tank cleaning and maintenance, and vacuum truck services in Houston, Pearland, Alvin, and Sugar Land. To more know, visit http://draneranger.com/services/.
Home and Garden Articles1. The Top 5 Coconut Shell Products You Must Have
Author: Bigbears Crafts
2. Rise Of Geothermal Heating And Cooling Systems: Revolutionizing Energy Efficiency
Author: Jackson Smith
3. The Importance Of Boiler Repair: More Than Meets The Eye
Author: Varun Bhutani
4. Hosting Outdoor Parties: Why A Pergola Is The Perfect Addition To Your Home ?
Author: sabaa al-najm
5. Proper Electric Fireplace Installation Toronto& The Benefits That Come Along With It
Author: James Brown
6. How To Choose A Digital Lock According To Your Budget?
Author: Go Digital Lock
7. How To Make Your Small Apartment Look Spacious And Big?
Author: Kellaway Chloe
8. For Peace Of Mind, Install The Home Security Camera Right Away!
Author: Owen Summerville
9. Why Should You Choose Tree Pruning Services?
Author: Noah Dransfield
10. Consider All The Aspects Before You Decide To Replace Or Go For Hot Water Systems Repair!
Author: Dean Rossiter
11. How To Be Familiar With The Benefits Of Building Regulations
Author: Garry Stacks
12. Interesting Three Ways In Which You Can Use The Colorbond Shed!
Author: Michael Gilmore
13. How Local Builders Help You In Making Your Dream House?
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. 11 Bathroom Renovation Mistakes That You Can Avoid
Author: Monica Quinn
15. Why Should You Add Roller Shutters On The Window?
Author: Lincoln Gawler