ALL >> Health >> View Article
Ale And Lager, No, They Are Not The Same!
Beer brewing is an art, and this ancient art is dying a slow death. With the advent of technology and the introduction of numerous catalysts for speedy fermentation, the unique taste and aroma of authentic beer is vanishing slowly. Nowadays there is a huge misconception of differentiating ales and lagers based on its taste. Sometimes a question arises, are ales and lagers both similar kinds of beers? No, it’s not! Ale and lager are distinctively two different branches of the beer family tree.
Ales are older, more traditional and distinguished brews of the world, predating lagers by a few centuries, whereas lagers are comparatively the modern creation, most probably a few hundred years old.
Better Yeast Makes the Beer Better
The differentiation of the branches of the beer family tree corresponds to the type of yeast used to ferment the beer. There are two distinctive kinds of yeast, ale yeast and lager yeast. These yeasts typically dictate the fermentation temperature. Ales are more traditionally fermented at warmer temperatures (12 to 21 degree Celsius), whereas lagers mostly ferment at slightly cooler temperatures (3 to 10 degree Celsius).
The cooler fermentation of lagers slows down the aging process and restrict the rapid growth of yeast, thus lagers require a longer maturation time. The cold fermentation helps in the production of fruity aromas and it helps in bringing out a more refined taste and also to mellow the beer.
The Journey of Beer Exploration
Ales are considered to be the kind of beer, which is a class apart, and so do lagers, because the two beer branches have so many common characteristics that any absolutes about them are usually proved to be wrong. These overlaps create confusion, and needs sheer dedication of beer exploration to mine out the real knowledge of beer brewing.
Taste the Difference
Sometime or the other every beer lover tries to know how the ales taste different from lagers. Ales are generally considered to be the more robust tasting beer, they tend to be fruity and aromatic. They have a complex taste and pronounced aroma, and due to their strong taste they are mostly included in the family of bitter beers.
Insights care is a Best Healthcare Magazine in the world. Which provides Online Healthcare news & updates. It is Journal of Healthcare Industry & Companies. We provide the latest monthly healthcare News, Magazines and solutions by the medium of Online Digital & Print healthcare Magazine.
Health Articles1. An Overview Of Conditions Treated By Physiotherapy
Author: Michael Devine
2. How The Treatment Of Root Canal Is Provided?
Author: Andy Andrew
3. Questions To Ask Your Pediatrician During Newborn Visits
4. What Benefits Are Provided By Orthodontic Treatments?
Author: Thomas Adler
5. Biogenum Receives $1 Million Grant To Enhance Psychosocial Research For Dementia Care
6. When To Opt For General Dentistry?
Author: Claudia Lamington
7. Melanosis May Be Mistaken For Male Organ Rash
Author: John Dugan
8. The Importance Of Dietary Fibre In Keeping You Hale And Hearty
Author: Jay Chokshi
9. Why Buy The Right Dental Products From Good Manufacturers In China?
Author: Andy Zheng
10. Types Of Diabetes - Important Facts You Wanted To Know
Author: Jessica Cristina
11. Male Organ Pain? Duh! Some Easy Answers
Author: John Dugan
12. Everything You Need To Know About Cataract By Utsav Eye Clinic Kharghar, Navi Mumbai
Author: Bhoum Anbhavane
13. Gain Huge Success With Uk Meds
Author: Gain Huge Success With Uk Meds
14. Outline Of Stimming In Autism Child | Autism Stimming Treatment In Bangalore
15. The 7 Sins Of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Author: Shraddha singh gautam