ALL >> Art >> View Article
Top 3 Millennial Speech Patterns Voice Over (vo) Artists Should Avoid
While keeping up with the latest speech trends is important for a VO artist, it by no means indicates that you should follow it. One of the best parts of hiring a voice over artist is their ability to adapt their voice to align with a specific project. However, sometimes using a common speech trend can cause more harm than good. Thus, if you are a VO artist, then here are few common millennial speech patterns you should avoid; even if your target audience is largely teenagers.
This speech pattern is used by a lot of celebrities like Katy Perry, Britney Spears and the Kardashian’s. So, it might be one of the reasons why there is widespread use of it among the millennials. Vocal fry is dropping the voice to the lowest vocal register. This makes the voice of the speaker sound creaky or choppy, especially towards the end of their sentences.
This unnatural pitch of voice is deemed annoying and the person using it comes across as less authoritative and trustworthy. When an adult, in our case a VO artist, use vocal fry for an ad campaign or for marketing purposes, the listeners find it difficult to take them seriously. As such, you are better off avoiding this ‘creaky voice.’
Speaking in a rapid outburst of words is referred to as Shotgun speech pattern. As a voice over artist, if you speak too fast, you are making it difficult for your listeners to understand what you are saying or trying to convey. Individuals using this speech pattern are also perceived as lacking in self-confidence. Thus, as a VO artist, this is one of the other millennial speech patterns that you need to steer clear from.
Another speech pattern trend that’s on the rise is Upspeak or Uptalk. Here, when an individual says a sentence, it always ends up sounding like a question. This speech pattern of using rising intonation or upward inflexions at the end of a sentence makes an individual sound less assertive or confident. Here, even if what you are saying is true, it wouldn't come across as reliable, as you, yourself, are sounding unsure about it. Thus, this trend of Uptalk/Upspeak is something you need to avoid.
As a professional voice over artist, you might be already aware that your voice creates the first impression. Be it recording for a voice over project or communicating with your clients, you need to speak in a clear tone without rushing your words. Or else, you’d come across as unqualified. Thus, avoid using the above speech patterns, as impersonating a teenager would only hurt your future prospects.
Art Articles1. What Are The Advantages Of Fine Art Nature Abstract Photography?
Author: Leo Jaxon
2. A Cost-effective Way Of Acquiring The Best Party Table Decorations
Author: Orit is a host and designer. While her ideas of ho
3. What Are The Advantages Of Event Services Las Vegas?
4. How To Choose The Companies In Event Production Services Las Vegas?
5. The Process Of Hiring A Wedding Photographer
Author: dilanattas photography
6. Hand Made Stationaery
7. Business And Brand Promotions Through Exclusive Drinkable Art Displays/installations
Author: Justin Garcia
8. Give An Astonishing Look To An Enormous House With The Best Interior Design.
Author: Alan Waxman
9. Get The Single Edition Photographic Prints Of Your Favourite Art
Author: Leo Jaxon
10. Want Discrete Art For Your Place? Pick Zuzu Original Artworks
Author: Tekè Gallery
11. Fine Art Nature Abstract Photography – An Art In Much Demand Today
Author: Leo Jaxon
12. New Mental Health Talk Show Comes To Youtube Aimed To Help Improve Mental Health Awareness
13. Professional Wedding Photographers In Coimbatore | Bridal Wedding Photography In Coimbatore | Pictur
14. What Do Experts Say About Hiring On Video Production Company?
15. Managing Videos For The Trade Shows