ALL >> Health >> View Article
Why Grinding Your Teeth Is Bad?
Too much of tooth grinding and jaw compression is also called as “Bruxism.” This is an oral parafunctional activity, will put you at the risk of jaw pain, tooth sensitivity, worn-down teeth, headaches etc., There is no such one accepted reason which is identified that causes tooth grinding, while the dentist Rozelle mention that there may be several factors that contribute to the problem, they are -
- Dental problems
- Side-effects of any medication
- Addicted to grinding teeth
- Sleep Apnoea/Sleep Disorders
- Lifestyle factors – taking too much of caffeine,smoking
- Parkinson’s disease or any neurological disorder
- Abnormal Biting
Did you know – About 8 to 10% of the people grind their teeth regularly, and it mostly occurs in 25 – 44 year-olds.
But, how do you know if you are grinding your teeth? Well, here are some Symptoms to Tooth Grinding, as narrated by an emergency dentist Rozelle
- Headache – The most common sign of tooth grinding
- Discomfort in jaw also known as Temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Ear Pain
- Pain in facial muscles
- You are able to open your mouth in a limited way
- Cracking sound while opening the jaw
- Trouble in sleeping, at the same time disturbing the sleep of the bed partner too
- Fracture in teeth
- Improper alignment of the Jaw
- Inflammation in the gums
- Missing teeth
- Wobbling teeth
How to get rid of Teeth Grinding?
The best solution for Teeth Grinding is to identify and deal with the cause that is causing this. Normally, teeth grinding is treated in two forms
- Occlusal management
- Behavioural management
Occlusal management uses mechanical appliances to substantially stop tooth grinding.
- Regular dental check-ups by an expert dentist in Rozelle
- Using Occlusal splints or bite guards
- Dental correction by a cosmetic dentist Rozelle
- Mandibular Advancement Devices
Whereas, Behavioural management deals with the stress and lifestyle issues that cause the problem.
- Adjustments in lifestyle
- Stress relief programs
- Sleep therapy for patients with Sleep disorders
- Relaxing the muscles
- Habit breaking programs
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Though the Healthcare professionals offerspecialised treatment plans, which includes many procedures, once when you identify that you have a tooth grinding problem, it is essential to take immediate action to prevent any further damage to the teeth or jaw. The simplest and the most effective mechanical intervention is a bite guard. This bite guard can be worn at night and day, when the bruxism problem is intense. This device keeps the teeth separated. But it is wise to get the opinion of a dentist to avoid any further damage to your oral health!
The author is a dentist in rozelle, who offers various ideas on maintaining oral health in his blog. He has been recognised by many journals for his practical counsel. Visit https://www.scdental.com.au/ for more details.
Soothing Care Dental the newest dental clinic in Rozelle, Sydney. We are a premier dental facility with a mission to bring high quality custom services to the community. We have invested in a state-of-the-art dental facility in the city to guarantee 100% satisfaction for our clients. Our goal is to become the leading family dentists in the city by providing a serene and welcoming environment devoid of the intimidating features of old dental clinics for more visit https://www.scdental.com.au.
Health Articles1. Which Type Of Mask Can I Choose To Prevent Covid-19?
Author: Francis Fred
2. Covid-19 Support For Employees, Benefit Claimants And Businesses
3. Prostana | Health Promotion Consultants Florida
Author: David Seaman
4. Clear Aligners India
5. How Metrowest Residents Should Manage Depression While Social Distancing During Covid-19
Author: Novum Psychiatry
6. Dental Crown & Bridges In Paschim Vihar, West Delhi - Dr. Monica Bhardwaj
Author: Dr Monica Bhardwaj
7. Tmj Treatment In India Available Through Trusted Specializations
Author: Dr. Sanjay Arora
8. The Best Skin Specialist
Author: Dr Shoma Sarkar
9. Kairali Hand Sanitizers – 100% Safe And Preventive Solutions To Combat Infections
Author: Kairali8 Ayurvedic Group
10. Approaching A Chiropractor To Treat Sciatic Pain
11. What Impact After The Legalization Of Recreational Cannabis?
Author: Jacob William
12. Top Homeopathic Medicines For Autism Or Asd Treatment
Author: multicare homeopathy
13. How To Select The Right Promo Hand Sanitizer For Your Business Marketing?
14. The Deflame Diet | Anti-inflammatory Foods And Diets
Author: David Seaman
15. Buy Tramadol Online In Uk
Author: Robert Anderson