ALL >> Business >> View Article
Fssai License And Why It Is Important?
Before starting any food business it is important to obtain the license to operate, from FSSAI under the government of India. In this article, we will discuss about the necessary permission or the license you need to obtain before starting a food business.
FSSAI Licensing and Registration:
FSSAI or Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. It is regulated under the Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006 which is a consolidating statue responsible for maintaining food safety and its regulation in India. The primary role of FSSAI license is shielding and endorsing public health through food safety rules and management. Before opening any kind of food business, it is obligatory to obtain a fssai licensing and registration. It is required by all food-related businesses, whether big food manufacturers or small eateries business. People involved in either dairy processing units or any other types of food manufacturers and processors, as well as the food retail outlets, are required to obtain the food license. Even the tertiary sector of distribution, marketing and other trades of Food Products is also regulated by the FSSAI by licensing and registration.
When the annual business turnover is less than Rs.12 lakhs then a business operator is required to obtain the basic FSSAI registration.
To obtain FSSAI Registration, the FBO is required to submitForm A to the department of food safety and within 7 days it is known whether the application is accepted or rejected. If it is accepted then a registration certificate is granted along with a registration number and applicant photo.
Well! There are three two types of FSSAI license and it is categorized depending on the volume of business, turnover, and location. In general, if the annual turnover of an FBO is more than Rs.12 lakhs, but less than Rs.20 crores, then it is necessary to obtain FSSAI state license and when it is more than Rs. 20 crores, then an FSSAI central license is required to be obtained.
For obtaining the FSSAI state or central license, an FBO has to submit the application Form B, along with the required documents to the concerned authority. Some key documents required for the application of FSSAI state or central license are
• Form B completed and signed.
• Complete blueprint or layout of the unit where food will be processed.
• Complete list of director(s)/ partners/ proprietor
• Machinery and equipment utilized in the process.
• The food category(s) desired to be manufactured.
• Water analysis report
• Raw material source
• Premises possession proof
• Recall plan wherever possible
• Form IX
• NOC from municipality
• Declaration for Annual Turnover/Supporting evidence
Above mentioned are the important documents required for the application to obtain an FSSAI license before starting any food business.
An FSSAI license/ registration can be applied for a period ranging from 1 year to 5 years. The renewal of fssai regulations for nutraceuticals is required to be done by an FBO to ensure continuous compliance. Food Businesses are also required to report any change in the business or product to FSSAI, and accordingly, apply for the respective modification of FSSAI license. FBO has to pay a huge penalty if he is not abiding by the rules and regulations of FSSAI.
Business Articles1. How To Find Cheap International Flights Ticket
Author: How To Find Cheap International Flights Ticket
2. Tips For Choosing The Right Iphone Repair Service Centre
Author: Keyur Patel
3. Spit Roast Caterers Sydney’s Tips To Throw A Rocking Corporate Party
Author: Mario Sazos
4. Object Oriented Programming Language
Author: Object Oriented Programming Language
5. We Produce Pre-roll Packaging Use Quality Material
Author: Jeff Parker
6. Tips To Increase Resilience In Your Workforce
Author: Edmund Brunetti
7. Guide To Know About The Top Leading Cement Brand In India - Wonder Cement
Author: Nirav Dedhia
8. Textile Fabrics Market Business Overview, Challenges, Opportunities, Trends And Analysis By 2025
Author: Market Research Future
9. Elite League Of Innovative Entrepreneurs, 2019
10. Top 5 Lead Generation Strategies For A Highly Successful Business
Author: Surabhi Joshi
11. Dressy Tunic Tops To Wear With Leggings: The Mature Way To Pull Off The Legging Look
Author: Katie Kutsunis
12. Silicone Coating Market New Industry Research On Present State & Future Growth Prospects By 2025
Author: Market Research Future
13. Hire Professional Hair And Makeup Services In Key West
Author: Hire Professional Hair And Makeup Services in Key
14. Choosing Family Activities For The Summer
Author: Mark Luke
15. Rehabilitation Centers Near Me
Author: Rehabilitation centers near me