ALL >> Business >> View Article
Fssai License And Why It Is Important?
Before starting any food business it is important to obtain the license to operate, from FSSAI under the government of India. In this article, we will discuss about the necessary permission or the license you need to obtain before starting a food business.
FSSAI Licensing and Registration:
FSSAI or Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. It is regulated under the Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006 which is a consolidating statue responsible for maintaining food safety and its regulation in India. The primary role of FSSAI license is shielding and endorsing public health through food safety rules and management. Before opening any kind of food business, it is obligatory to obtain a fssai licensing and registration. It is required by all food-related businesses, whether big food manufacturers or small eateries business. People involved in either dairy processing units or any other types of food manufacturers and processors, as well as the food retail outlets, are required to obtain the food license. Even the tertiary sector of distribution, marketing and other trades of Food Products is also regulated by the FSSAI by licensing and registration.
When the annual business turnover is less than Rs.12 lakhs then a business operator is required to obtain the basic FSSAI registration.
To obtain FSSAI Registration, the FBO is required to submitForm A to the department of food safety and within 7 days it is known whether the application is accepted or rejected. If it is accepted then a registration certificate is granted along with a registration number and applicant photo.
Well! There are three two types of FSSAI license and it is categorized depending on the volume of business, turnover, and location. In general, if the annual turnover of an FBO is more than Rs.12 lakhs, but less than Rs.20 crores, then it is necessary to obtain FSSAI state license and when it is more than Rs. 20 crores, then an FSSAI central license is required to be obtained.
For obtaining the FSSAI state or central license, an FBO has to submit the application Form B, along with the required documents to the concerned authority. Some key documents required for the application of FSSAI state or central license are
• Form B completed and signed.
• Complete blueprint or layout of the unit where food will be processed.
• Complete list of director(s)/ partners/ proprietor
• Machinery and equipment utilized in the process.
• The food category(s) desired to be manufactured.
• Water analysis report
• Raw material source
• Premises possession proof
• Recall plan wherever possible
• Form IX
• NOC from municipality
• Declaration for Annual Turnover/Supporting evidence
Above mentioned are the important documents required for the application to obtain an FSSAI license before starting any food business.
An FSSAI license/ registration can be applied for a period ranging from 1 year to 5 years. The renewal of fssai regulations for nutraceuticals is required to be done by an FBO to ensure continuous compliance. Food Businesses are also required to report any change in the business or product to FSSAI, and accordingly, apply for the respective modification of FSSAI license. FBO has to pay a huge penalty if he is not abiding by the rules and regulations of FSSAI.
Business Articles1. Lhrf50assy | Eaton Lighthouse Pedestal Retro-fit Conversion Kits
Author: Devin Herz
2. Socrates Vasiliades |avima Iron Ore
Author: Socrates Vasiliades
3. Types Of Heavy Equipment You Can Hire For Your Business Operations
Author: Mantikore Cranes
4. Release Coatings Market Size, Share, Growth | Covid -19 Impact Analysis, Demand And Forecast 2023
5. Sap Concur Solutions | Sap Concur Expense Management And Web Services | Concur Aws | Erp Logic
6. Beautiful Tallit For Women To Grace Any Religious Event
Author: Galilee Silks
7. Why Language Translation Services Are Important?
8. Importance Of Translation Services In The World
9. Importance Of Hindi Translation In The Travel And Tourism Industry
10. How Are Translation Services Becoming More Important Every Day?
11. Gain More Followers For Your Blog By Employing Translation Companies In Delhi
12. The Best Turnkey Script To Use For A Multi-vendor Store Similar To Etsy
13. Office Rubbish Removal In London To Ensure Safe Removal And Disposal Of Junk
Author: Anu Walia
14. What Is The Best Journal To Publish Research Paper?
Author: Ravindra Sharma
15. Thermoplastics Is The Call Of Sustainable Future
Author: Michael Luis