ALL >> Travel >> View Article
A Brief About Annapurna Circuit Trek And 7 Essential Tips For First-time Visitors
“Himalaya has many untold stories yet to be discovered. The more you unravel, the more you want to go back” – Anaya Izra
Environmentalist and avid trekker Anaya Izra has rightly quoted that Himalaya still has a lot to be discovered. One of the best and perhaps yet perfectly preserved natural beauties of the Himalayan range is the Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake.
The entire length of the
annapurna circuit trek lasts between 16 to 20 days in total depending on the weather and mode of transportation used to travel. Total distance covered is 180 to 240 kilometer. Best Times to Trek the Annapurna Circuit is either March – April or October – November
The highest trekking altitude one can reach during the journey is at Thorong La Pass at the height of 5416 meters. The lowest elevation is 800 meter at Besisahar. The highest summit point is Mount Annapurna at 8091 meters.
The expenses of Annapurna Trek
The approximate in total cost for the Annapurna Circuit trek is 550$ to 600$. This includes –
Permit – 4000 INR (45$)
Price of gear - 7000 to 8000 INR (100 to 110$)
Food and Accommodation – 20 to 25000 (300 to 350$)
Obtaining Trekker’s Information Management System card (TIMS) and the Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) is mandatory before starting the summit. Each ticket costs 2000 rupees
The offices to complete the paperwork are located at:
1. Nepal Tourism Board, Pradarshani Marg, Kathmandu 44617, Nepal
2. Tourist Police Office and Permit Office, Pokhara, Pokhara 33700, Nepal
The general itinerary of the Annapurna Circuit Trek
• One needs to reach Pokhara first from Kathmandu, which is the nearest International Airport. The next step is to either reach Besisahar by car and hike to Bahundanda or directly reach Bahundanda via Bandipur
• From Besisahar one can either directly drive to Chame which takes about 6 hrs or stay overnight at Kodo village. Or one can drive to Dharapani which is 4 hrs away from Besisahar and trek to Chame through the Bagarchaap Valley and also seeing Mount Manaslu from a close view.
• The next day the group treks to Pisang from Chame takes approximately 5hr, and it is at 3300-meter altitude. Marsyangdi River on the foothill of Annapurna Mountain is a beautiful sight and critical point of trekking through Pisang.
• After an overnight stay at Pisang, it’s once again 5 hrs uphill treks to Manang. It is advised to stay at Manang for a night for acclimatization as the next part of the journey is an uphill trek.
• The next day is once again a trek to Kangsar which is at 3450-meter altitude and takes 5 hrs to reach.
• After another night of acclimatization, it is a steep climb to 4150 meter high, which lasts 4 to 6 hrs. Finally, you reach the Tilicho Base camp.
• Tilicho Lake is at the height of 4900 meters from the Base Camp. The trek to and from the lake takes 5 to 6 hrs in total.
• The next day is the journey through Yak Kharka to Thorung Pedi which takes about 4 hrs by trek.
• The final part of the Annapurna Circuit trek is to reach Thorong La Valley from Thorung Pedi which takes 8 hrs minimum via a steep trek. The famed Muktinath temple is located in this valley and is the main reason for this two-week-long trek through the Himalayan Valleys.
• From Muktinath, it is a descend to Jomson which is at a lower altitude via Kagbeni.
• One can either take a direct flight from Jomson to Pokhara which lasts 30 mins or drive to Tatopani from Jomson which is 4 hrs away and take a mode of public transport from Tatopani to Pokhara
7 Essential Tips for First-time Visitors to Annapurna Circuit Trek
It is necessary for first-time trekkers taking the Annapurna Circuit trek with Tilicho lake
to know a few very crucial points before starting the journey. This includes –
1. Acclimatization to the altitude is vital if you do not want to cause significant health risk while trekking uphill through the Oxygen scarce valley
2. It is essential to have travel insurance for safety purpose. World Nomad offers excellent coverage for high altitude trekking
3. Hydration is a mandatory need while trekking through the dry and cold trail to maintain the blood viscosity
4. Carrying outstanding quality gears is vital to prevent any accidental mishaps on route
5. Trekking shoes of excellent and robust quality is the most important essential. It is best to avoid running shoes while trekking
6. Using sunglasses at all time of the day is necessary to prevent scalding and to injure the cornea from UV exposure.
7. Alcohol should always be avoided while trekking. You do not want to lose the trail and land in trouble due to your drunken condition.
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. Airport Transfer Cabs In India With Gozocabs
Author: Sai Kun
2. The Most Stunning Place To Visit In Kerala
Author: GoKerala Trip
3. Top 13 Things To Do In And Around Athens
Author: Parth Lohia
4. Are You A Foreigner In India During Covid-19 Pandemic?
Author: Manoj Upadhyay
5. 15 Days Explore Japan
6. How To Stay In Business After This Tough Time Gets Over!
Author: Amery Ortego
7. How To Travel Around Thailand
Author: Zoe John
8. Best Ways To Find The Best Immigration Consultants In Dubai
Author: Sumit Goyal
9. Best Things To Do In Abu Dhabi
10. Solo Trips For Women As A Business And Lifestyle Phenomenon
11. Tourist Places Around Shillong
Author: RAHUL CHAUHAN
12. A Simple Guide On How To Re-book Your Flight Tickets
Author: Maria Robin
13. Reason Why You Should Rely On A Reputed Bhubaneswar Car Rental Platform
Author: Dinesh Das
14. 10 Days Northern Japan
15. Best Beaches To See With Your Partner In Kerala