ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Navigate Your Windows Pc Without A Mouse
It’s worth knowing how to operate your mouse cursor without a mouse, especially when your trackpad on your laptop stops working or your desktop mouse malfunctions.
If your mouse stops responding, then in such a situation a you can press the “Enter” key from their keyboard to initiate navigation for the present window in use. If by pressing the enter key switches you to the start menu, then try to enter the name of the file or folder you want to access in the search bar using your keyboard.
There are a number of shortcuts that an individual can use if their mouse stops working. You can refer to the list below to better know about such useful shortcuts.
1. To minimize all the windows and open the main desktop, users will have to press “Window + D” keys from their keyboard.
2. Press “Window + E” keys to launch the “File Explorer” which can be used to find any file from the computer storage.
3. Long press “Windows + I” to open system settings.
4. Users can also use “Alt + F4” keys to close the present window or application.
5. Press “Alt + Tab” keys to navigate ...
... between all the open windows.
6. Long press “Win +A” keys to launch the “Action Center.”
7. Hold “Window + X” Keys to open the “Advanced settings menu.”
8. Press “Ctrl + Esc” keys to launch the “Start menu.”
Another means to navigate between different icons is by using the number pad on the extreme right of your keyboard. By using different number keys, a user can switch between different options to navigate to the required program. Users can simply press enter to launch the selected file or program.
Users can also use the Ease of Access center to activate all the shortcuts available to operate your system without a mouse. Follow the steps below to enable your Ease of Access center.
1. Hold “Win” or “Ctrl + Esc” key to launch the “Start menu.”
2. Now insert “ease of access” in the search bar and press enter.
3. Then from the displayed results, navigate to “Ease of Access Center” by using the arrow keys and hit enter.
4. After that, choose the “Make the Keyboard easier to use” option from the Ease of Access Center window.
5. Now select the “Set up mouse keys” option by pressing enter which is in blue font.
6. After that use the down arrow key until “Turn on mouse keys” checkbox is selected then hit the “+” button.
7. Then head down and reach to “Pointer speed” option. Use the down arrow key to enable “Top speed ” and “Point speed” for your computer.
By going to the steps mentioned above, an individual can undergo with their basic functioning if their mouse stops to respond.
Ellen Cooper is a technology enthusiast who loves writing about new advancements and IT threats on a regular basis. Her work focuses on the latest advancements in the realm of technology, social media, and cyber security at norton.com/setup.
IT expert having deep knowledge about PC antivirus products. Mainly researching and writing blogs. https://askmeyp.com/ | https://m4activate.co.uk/ | https://n4setup.co.uk/
Computers Articles1. The Importance Of A Network Security Audit
2. The Most Useful Microsoft Word Hints To Help You Get More Done
3. Work Better In Word, Excel, And Outlook With These Tips And Techniques
4. Time-saving Points To Make Your Workers Be More Efficient Using Microsoft Office
5. Microsoft Office Tips: An Overview
6. Guide To Windows 10
7. How Do I Get Assistance In Windows 10?
8. May 2021, Yes You Can Buy Windows 10 At The Best Price
9. How To Make The Most Of Windows 10
10. Windows 10 And Its Few Tricks Up Its Sleeve
11. In One Hour Or Less, Learn How To Set Up A New Windows 10 Pc Perfectly
12. Top 10 Reasons Why Cloud Migration Is Important?
13. The Keyword Research Tips That Will Take Your Seo To The Next Level
Author: Hire SEO Freelancer
14. Aol Mail Login | Sign In Aol Mail | Aol Mail
15. All In One Funeral Home Software
Author: Nathan White