ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Is Water Damage Covered By Homeowners Insurance In Northeast Florida?
Most homeowners are still confused about which types of water damages are covered by their insurance policies. To be truthful, it depends on the insurance company’s policy. Some insurance policies specify the coverage in detail when it comes to damages, but some do not.
Most likely, the scenario would be like this: when you claim for the insurance damages, the insurance company would send its agent to investigate and assess the situational scenario to know if your claim is covered or not, which depends on certain cases:
Standard home insurance policies cover water damage for cases like:
1. The water damage has to be sudden or accidental and internal in nature (the water has never touched outside premises) like burning, tearing, cracking or bulging of steam, heating system, AC, or automatic fire protection system. It’s less about the type of water damage and more on the reason behind the damage occurrence.
2. For cases of open-peril, all-risk policy, or standard HO3 policies, it has been stipulated as stated in 16 perils or situations that an HO-3 insurance policy is a form of home insurance that will protect policy holders against property damage, legal liabilities, and other expenses associated with unexpected disasters befalling your home. Here are some perils covered, to name a few:
Snow, storm, or rain
Snow, rain, and ice dams are covered under water damages since they fall under the category of weather-related perils or considered windstorm and weight of snow perils.
Falling under the category of ‘accidental discharge’ or ‘overflow of water or steam’ are water damages due to a quick or rapid burst or blockages from burst pipes, frozen plumbing, faulty plumbing, air conditioners, outdoor sprinklers, water heaters, fire sprinkler systems, accidental overflow and other pipings of your home.
Water damage after extinguishing a fire
This applies to water damage after every fire incident, when fire sprinklers are operated and any water damage or mold that resulted would be covered.
Under the category of ‘malicious activity’ peril, vandalism or any form of defacement or wrecking of your plumbing system which results to water damage is considered covered.
Some other notable forms:
An accidental overflow of an appliance or fixture (bathtub, washing machine or toilet)
A leaking roof (coverage on interior parts only)
Molds (if it is the result of covered water damage)
For cases that are not covered by an insurance policy:
Since it is a general occurrence and even when it is a weather-related peril, flooding is not covered under water damage. It is advisable to get a separate flood insurance policy through FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program.
2. Water damage due to overuse (neglected rusting pipe leaks) or poorly-maintained pipes.
If irresponsible negligence or damage due to deterioration may be the cause, the insurance claim may not be used for the repairs.
3. Gradual damage.
Gradual damage is a damage that occurs unknowingly and slowly over time. It is the owner's obligation to maintain the good condition of the property. The best sample is paint chipping off a wall which started as a small chip, and as time passes the whole wall goes uncovered.
4.Water from Sewages.
Sewage waters that overflows from drains into your house are not covered by insurance.
This happens when water below the ground starts moving up your house which causes water damages.
Insurance policies do seem too good to be true; however, one should be wary before purchasing an insurance policy to ensure they fully understand the scope of its coverage.
If you are still doubtful about the coverage of your insurance policies, prevention is one of the solutions. Proper prevention and maintenance will not only save you time and effort but will eventually save you money, cost, and anxiety in the future. Prevention through an annual scheduled household checkup by a qualified, professional, and expert company like ServiceMaster Restore by PWF company can help you with your household problem.
Call ServiceMaster Restore by PWF now at 904-615-8609. We also offer a variety of services and are ready to restore your property after any disaster, large or small, including water damage, fire and smoke damage, and even mold.
You can also directly contact our service offices at https://www.servicemasterbypwf.com/contact-us/ for any inquiries with regards to water damage restoration in Lake City, water damage restoration company in Ocala, and water damage restoration services in St. John, or you can visit/call our service areas @Pinellas: 813-295-7797, Ocala: 352-292-8988, Gainesville: 352-441-3020, Lake City: 386-866-3349, Duval | Clay | St. John: 904-999-4481.
ServiceMaster Restoration by PWF offers emergency damage restoration and cleaning services in St. Augustine, Florida, and its surrounding areas and counties.
Insurance Articles1. Piano Insurance - The Reasons Why You Need It!
Author: Music insurance Company
2. How Insurance Can Give Protection To Your Piano While On A Tour?
Author: Music Instruments INS
3. What Is Disability Insurance?
Author: Stevie R
4. Points You Should Know Before Buying A Burial Insurance In Texas
Author: Vanessa Charles
5. How Insurance Can Give Protection To Your Recording Studio Business?
Author: Music insurance company
6. Glico travel Insurance
7. Some Questions To Help You Choose The Right Music Insurance Company
Author: music insurance company
8. Top Reasons For Which You Should Consider Buying Life Insurance
Author: Go Finance
9. Important Insurance Tips For Brass Musical Instrument
Author: music instruments ins
10. Why You Should Choose Insurance For Musical Instrument Appraisers
11. Important Reasons Behind Why Do You Need Flute Insurance!
12. Piccolo Insurance - The Ultimate Protection For Your Gear
Author: music Instruments INS
13. Types Of Water Damages And Filing Piano Insurance Claim
Author: music insurance company
14. How To Apply For A Liquor License In Nyc?
Author: Irina Berezentseva
15. The Many Reasons To Hire A Public Insurance Adjuster
Author: Ricky Sharma