ALL >> Education >> View Article
What Is Java? History And Application
What is Java? History and Application
Java is a programming language and a platform.
Java may be a high level, robust, object-oriented and secure artificial language.
Platform: Any hardware or code environment during which a program runs is understood as a platform. Since Java has a runtime environment (JRE) and API, it's called a platform.
According to Sun, three billion devices run Java. There are many devices where Java is currently used. a number of them are Core Java Training in Bangalore as follows:
1. Desktop Applications.
2. Web Applications like irctc.co.in, javatpoint.com, etc.
3. Enterprise Applications like banking applications.
5. Embedded System
6. Smart Card
8. Games, etc.
Types of Java Applications
There are primarily four types of applications which will be created using Java programming:
1) Standalone Application
Standalone applications also are called desktop applications or window-based applications. These are traditional code that we want to put in on each machine. Samples of standalone application are media player, antivirus, etc. AWT and Swing are employed in Java for making standalone applications.
2) Web Application
An application that runs on the server aspect and creates a dynamic page is named an online application. Currently, Servlet, JSP, Struts, spring, Hibernate, JSF, etc. technologies are used for making web applications in Java.
3) Enterprise Application
An application that's distributed in nature, like banking applications, etc. is named enterprise application. It’s blessings of the high-level security, load balancing, and clustering. In Java, EJB is employed for making enterprise applications.
4) Mobile Application
An application that is made for mobile devices is named a mobile application. Currently, android and Java ME are used for making mobile applications.
Java Platforms / Editions
There are four platforms or editions of Java:
1) Java SE (Java standard Edition)
It is a Java programming platform. It includes Core Java training institutes in Bangalore Java programming Apis like java.lang, java.io, java.net, java.util, java.sql, java.math etc. It includes core topics like String, OOPs, Regex, Exception, Inner, Reflection, Multithreading, Networking, AWT, I/O Stream, Swing Collection, categories, etc.
2) Java EE (Java Enterprise Edition)
It is an enterprise platform that is especially accustomed develops web and enterprise applications. It’s designed on the highest of the Java SE platform.
3) Java ME (Java micro Edition)
It is a micro platform that is especially used to develop mobile applications.
It is used to develop made web applications. It uses a light-weight user interface API.
History of Java
The history of Java is very interesting. Java was originally designed for interactive tv, but it had been too advanced technology for the digital cable tv trade at the time. The history of java starts with inexperienced Team. Java team members (also called green Team), initiated this project to develop a language for digital devices like set-top boxes, televisions, etc. However, it had been fitted to web programming. Later, Java technology was incorporated by Netscape.
The principles for making Java programming were "Simple, Robust, Portable, Platform-independent, Secured, High Performance, Multithreaded, design Neutral, Object-Oriented, taken and Dynamic".
Java Version History
Many java versions are discharged until currently. The present stable unharnessed of Java is Java SE ten.
1. JDK Alpha and Beta (1995)
2. JDK 1.0 (23rd Jan 1996)
3. JDK 1.1 (19th February 1997)
4. J2SE 1.2 (8th Dec 1998)
5. J2SE 1.3 (8th may 2000)
6. J2SE 1.4 (6th February 2002)
7. J2SE 5.0 (30th September 2004)
8. Java SE 6 (11th Dec 2006)
9. Java SE 7 (28th July 2011)
10. Java SE 8 (18th March 2014)
11. Java SE 9 (21st September 2017)
12. Java SE 10 (20th March 2018)
Education Articles1. 7 Compelling Reasons To Introduce Robotics In Academia
Author: Ankur Anand
2. How Gruelling Is The Admission Process For Rv Engineering College?
3. Neet Preparation Tips During Coronavirus Lockdown
Author: Richa Ahuja
4. Tips For Effective Time Management For A Student
Author: Srasti Trivedi
5. Rbi Grade B Exam Date
Author: Anuj Jindal
6. Developing Spring Boot Application And Learning Core Features
Author: Abhinav cynix
7. Role Of Blockchain Technology In Business
Author: Block chain council
8. Data Science Blog
Author: Ritika Singh
9. How To Choose A Specialization In An Executive Mba
10. The New Industrial Revolution With The Amalgamation Of Web 3.0 With Blockchain
Author: Block chain council
11. Best Practices To Implement School Software Successfully
Author: Academy Front
12. What’s The Future Of Engineering Education In India?
13. 5 Year Integrated Ba Llb Course
Author: SLS Hyderabad
14. Factors Why You Should Give Some Thought To Frequent Company Training For The Employees
Author: Akash Bhowad
15. Why Investing In A School Management Software Will Make You Future Ready!!
Author: saloni shah