ALL >> Education >> View Article
Ways To Build Networking Skills During Business School
Networking is a vital part of any successful long-term career strategy. Yet a lot of people still struggle with developing this skill or are completely lacking it. In the world of business the skill of networking holds critical value.
A recent survey by the Financial Times states that networking is the third most important factor in choosing an MBA program. This skill which was once a monopoly of sales professionals is now at the heart of learning in the best management courses and a vital portion of the curriculum in the top PGDM colleges in Kolkata.
As an MBA student, your network would include classmates, other students, academic faculty, and the alumni body. Networking is an important tool from the perspective of seeking employment for MBA graduates. A whopping 50-60% of graduates find jobs through networking.
It is never too early to learn how to network. By networking with alumni before picking your course you can gain clarity on which course is best suited to fulfil your goals and aligned with your interests. An added advantage to interacting with alumni is that you get to divulge into the culture and true experience of the B-school you are considering joining.
So what are some other ways you can learn to network during your PGDM degree?
1.Attend conferences and professional events
Business conferences and talks are wonderful places to forge professional connections quickly and with ease. Aside from obtaining new information and learning about products and new trends pertinent to your chosen industry these events make for strong practice grounds to hone your networking skills.
2.Don’t talk purely business
One of the easiest ways to widen your professional network effectively is to change up the conversation to include other areas of interest apart from business! Networking is as much about informally socializing as it is about having professional conversations. When you start to network with people it is a good idea to establish a personal connection before delving into professional ties. A strong personal connect could be formed over an interest or shared hobby. Once you establish comfort then you can steer the conversation towards more serious things like a business. Doing this makes you more memorable to the potential recruiter or associate you are interacting with.
3.Harness the power of social networks
Social media has an important role to play in networking that goes beyond the realm of forming social connections. LinkedIn and Twitter are topping the list of most career-friendly platforms. While using social media platforms be mindful to cap the time you spend online and to back it up with a face-to-face meeting, to save one from appearing ineffective.
The finest PGDM colleges in India strive to support their students for building the vital skill of networking using the above mentioned tips to ensure lifelong career success.
Education Articles1. Digital Marketing Institute In Udaipur
2. Top 5 Blockchain Development Companies That Ranked In 2020
Author: Block chain council
3. Choosing The Best Higher Education University Is Still A Dilemma For Many.edited
Author: Annu Shrivastava
4. Education Policy Of India 2020
Author: My schoolr
5. Guidance In Your Journey To Prepare For Cpa And Cma
Author: Miles Education
6. Develop Career In Data Analytics With Tableau
Author: Tobi Marsh
7. Trending Project Topics For Final Year Students At A Glance
Author: Chidiebere Chibuike
8. 6 Tips To Learn Better From Virtual Classrooms
Author: Swarnprastha Public School
9. 6 Expert Tips To Learn Digital Marketing Course Online In India
Author: keerthi vasan
10. Technology Has Evolved The Way We Learn: Exploring The Pros & Cons
Author: JP International School
11. 7 Expert Tips To Clear Fmge/mci Exam In First Attempt
12. Why Is Australia The Best Study Destination And How Can An Education Consultant In Melbourne Help
Author: Echoes Education
13. Oracle Fusion Financials Online Training | Oracle Fusion Financials Training | Hyderabad
Author: Rainbow Institute
14. Everything About Company Secretary Course
Author: Anoop Jain
15. Gujarat Board Gseb Hsc 12th Result 2020
Author: Nimish Narshana