ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Annoyed About Spam? Install A Filtering Technology To Keep It Out Of Your Inbox
Dealing with spam is more than just a daily annoyance; it can also significantly hinder your business productivity. Furthermore, it poses a security risk by exposing you to defrauding attempts and virus attacks. Additionally, it hampers your business resources by overloading your systems and jamming your inbox. If you somehow end up forwarding the spam, the resulting reputational stain might be hard to counter and clear.
It is, therefore, essential to find an effective solution against spam. Of course, this is easier said than done, since spammers keep evolving and updating their techniques and tactics.
To avoid being identified and blacklisted, they try to use multiple servers as proxies to send their spam. For this, they create viruses that hijack computers and networks and control them as the hacker requires. They employ redirected URLs and obfuscate messages with both HTML and text to disguise their spam content.
It is now practically impossible for individuals, companies, organizations, and institutions to function safely without spam filtering technologies. And, to be effective, these must be sophisticated and regularly updated.
Features of Spam Filtering Technologies
1. They Offer Enhanced Protection Against Viruses and Other Malicious Content
They scan your emails with their anti-spam and anti-virus programs. The next step is to isolate and remove potential threats as well as any junk mail. It will save you as well your email recipients from inadvertently opening mail infected with viruses, worms, and other malicious content.
2. They Continually Update Their Spam Filtering Software to Deal with New Risks
By tracking and analyzing new risks, spam filtering technologies develop quick, effective tactics to deal with them. They can generally block 98% of spam from entering your inbox.
3. They Offer Spam Filtering Customization for More Efficiency
For improved spam detection, these technologies let you customize the spam filtering to keep out any unwanted emails. You can also adjust the amount of virus protection you need. Such customization improves your business safety and efficiency.
How Spam Filtering Technologies Work
After you install a spam filtering program, your email first goes to the program's mail server and undergoes a series of checks. The program identifies and authenticates the IP of the server through which you received the mail. To do this, it checks through a list of commonly known spam sources and refuses to entertain all messages coming from these. You can also include a list of IPs, domains, and emails that you have banned from sending you messages.
For authenticated IPs, the program creates a white list and allows messages from them. The program may also use a user verification program to refine its anti-spam measures further.
Once the spam filtering program decides that the received emails are not spam, it checks them thoroughly for hidden viruses and malware. If it finds any with this scan, it will remove them immediately. Spam filtering technologies can, thus, prevent hackers from hijacking and misusing your computers. However, there isn’t any 100% safeguard from aggressive, sophisticated attacks, so remaining vigilant is important.
Securence is a leading provider of enterprise email filtering software that offers email protection and security services such as encrypted email, spam filtering, email archiving and continuity solutions to small and large businesses. To know more, visit https://www.securence.com/blog/.
Computers Articles1. 5 Surprising Benefits Of Using Erp System In Manufacturing Industry
2. The Ultimate Malware Removal Guide (2020 Update)
Author: Clarence Brown
3. Cheap Sewing Machines - The Most Important Features To Look For In A Surgical Mask Making Machine.
4. How To Choose Surgical Masks Sewing Machines
5. What To Consider When Purchasing A Mask Making Machine
6. Essential Components Of Facial Mask Making Machine
7. How Can A Catalog Management Software Reduce Your Burden In Ecommerce?
Author: Sreejith Angamuthu
8. How To Fix “winword.exe” Application Error Message
Author: Aida Martin
9. Why Is Mr Reporting Software “the Best Software” For Your Field Force?
10. How To Fix “wdf01000.sys” On Windows 10
Author: Aida Martin
11. Top 4 Benefits Of Best Seo Services Or Small Businesses
Author: Diane Pope
12. Download Gladwev Olm To Pst Converter Ultimate For Olm To Pst Conversion
Author: Gladwev Email Converter
13. Is Blockchain Technology Actually The Future Of The Web?
Author: Charlotte Lancaster
14. Maintain User-friendly Interface For Customers With Responsive Web Design
Author: Krutika Sharma
15. How To Fix Nvidia Settings Are Not Available In Windows 10
Author: Elina John