ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
What Are The Different Applications Of The Global Smart Home Market?
The concept of an automated has been around as early as the 1930s with popular TV shows and movies showcasing futuristic homes equipped with automated features that attracted the imagination of the public toward the benefits of home automation. The concept of smart homes was further brought to the fore in the 1980s with the emergence of revamped versions of the automated homes. It was during this time that the concept of “connected homes” (the one that we know now) was first incepted.
It showcased newer methods of connecting and controlling home appliances from a single control centre. However, the concept was discarded at that point of time as considering the era, it was too expensive, cumbersome, and difficult to construct. Thus, smart homes back in 1980s were considered niche and restricted to affluent households across the world.
Despite the world catching the first glimpse of “connected homes” in the earlier decade, progress was somewhat stagnated throughout the 1990s – with the technology restricted only for affluent homes, and even features were system-specific and limited to only controlling the lighting or entertainment systems at home. Integration of all connected technologies into a single, cohesive, easily controlled system was a challenge, and was only possible to tackle by the most technically advanced network.
The global smart home market witnessed considerable traction from the beginning of the 2000s with technological innovations across a wide range of proprietary, wireless and radio protocols for home automation, and the advent of Internet of Things (IoT). These technological advancements became the driving force of home automation, and allowed devices to communicate with each other.
Applications of smart home technology
• Smart TVs connect to the internet to access content through applications, such as on-demand video and music. Some smart TVs also include voice or gesture recognition.
• Apart from being able to be controlled remotely and customized, smart lighting systems can detect occupants in a room and adjust lighting as required. Smart lights can also regulate themselves based on daylight availability.
• Smart thermostats with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows users to schedule, monitor and remotely control home temperatures. These devices are also capable of studying homeowners' behaviours and modify accordingly to provide maximum comfort and efficiency for the residents. Smart thermostats can also report energy use and remind users to change filters, among other things.
• Using smart locks and garage-door openers, users can grant or deny access to visitors. Smart locks can also detect when residents are near and unlock the doors for them.
• With smart security cameras, residents can monitor their homes even when they are away. Smart motion sensors are also able to identify the difference between residents and visitors, and can alert authorities upon any suspicious behavior.
• Pet care can be automated with connected feeders. Houseplants and lawns can be watered by way of connected timers.
• Kitchen appliances of all sorts are available, including smart coffee makers that can brew you a fresh cup as soon as your alarm goes off; smart refrigerators that keep track of expiration dates, make shopping lists or even create recipes based on ingredients currently on hand; slower cookers and toasters; and, in the laundry room, washing machines and dryers.
Request for Sample of this Report@ https://www.researchonglobalmarkets.com/global-smart-home-market-2018-2023.html
Written by a content marketer who keeps updated on industries for market research purposes and studying them.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Samsung Note 20 Ultra Review: Big, Bold, And Luxurious
Author: Jack thomson
2. Samsung Launches The New Galaxy Buds Live
Author: Jack thomson
3. Xiaomi Is Rumoured To Launch The Mi 10 Pro Plus At Its 10th Anniversary
Author: Aida Martin
4. Why Should Start-ups Choose Ruby On Rails For Web Application Development?
Author: Ash Rakars
5. How To Choose The Best Solar Company?
Author: Brown Ross
6. Building Information Modeling Market (bim) Worth $8.8 Billion By 2025
7. What You Need To Know About Microsoft Sharepoint?
Author: Charter Global Inc.
8. Microchip Introduces New 8-channel Flashtec® Pcie® Gen 4 Enterprise Nvme™ Ssd Controller
9. Major Benefits Of Odoo Erp And E-commerce Integration
Author: Cameron McCaughey
10. 3d Adaptation Of Emotional Aang And Zuko Scene From Avatar: The Last Airbender
Author: elina john
11. Toy Story: Director Unkrich Confirms Toys Can Die
Author: elina john
12. How Your Business Will Be Benefited By Pos Software
Author: Sukriti Sinha
13. After Witcher And Castlevania, Netflix Is Going For Splinter Cell As Next Video Game Adaptation
Author: Angel Smith
14. Are Computer Numerical Control Processes Dangerous?
Author: Sterling Brenner
15. What Is A Wireless Thermometer And How To Choose Them?
Author: Chris Miller