ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
3 Towing Tips For The Peugeot 5008 Crossover
Total Articles: 28
The Peugeot 5008 is an excellent family crossover vehicle that you can use in the city and out in the country for a touring holiday or weekend adventure. The Peugeot 5008 price offers excellent value, and there are plenty of extras to explore. One of these is a tow bar; this is ideal for towing loads into more remote areas. Many drivers are nervous about the towing experience, it isn’t something that do very often, and it can be a strange experience if you’re trying it for the first time. Let’s take a closer look at three ways that you can tow safely in your 5008.
Pick the Correct Vehicle
Some vehicles are simply better at towing than others, and many drivers believe that you must have a four wheel drive vehicle to get the best results. This is not true; only front wheel drive vehicles have an inherent disadvantage when it comes to towing situations. This is because the weight distribution of the towed load is always pushed towards the rear and this shifts the weight further away from the wheels that are providing the power and forward momentum. The 5008 is a front wheel drive vehicle, but it’s light for its class, and it does have a decent amount of torque. This in part will allow you to tow moderate loads with your 5008 without any problems.
2. Understand Towing Numbers
It’s essential that you know the weight of the load that you want to tow and then check that against your cars towing capacity. This isn’t the final load that you can tow, take that figure and divide it by five and multiply it by four to give you a 20% safety margin. As an example: a vehicle with a towing capacity of 2,000kg should be treated as if it had a towing capacity of 1,600kg instead. Then you need to know the towball download or TBD which is the amount of force that can be exerted on the towball. This is usually 10% of the weight that’s being towed, so in the example above the TBD would be 200kg. Many cars have a maximum TBD rating that’s kept in proportion to the overall towing capacity, but certain vehicles may have a lower TBD rating, so you need to check it carefully.
3. Check How the Load Drives
Once you have your trailer or caravan hitched it’s time to test the loadout before you venture out on the open road. Drive around your local area a few times on familiar roads before you start your trip. This will help you to get used to towing and allow you to notice any problems before you start your trip properly. When you accelerate and brake always apply a gentle and generative touch without hasty movements. Keep your steering even and be prepared for additional forward force as you apply the brakes.
If you want to purchase a new Peugeot 5008 crossover, contact Perth City Peugeot for a no obligation test drive today.
Automobiles Articles1. Freedom Wheels: Essential Guide To Purchase A Car On The 4th Of July
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. How Serious Is A Cracked Windscreen? And Should I Consider Windshield Repair Or Replacement?
Author: Sam Lampasona
3. Finding Right Classic Car Rental Near Me
Author: Mark Hale
4. Comfortable Stratford Airport Taxi- Find The Reliable Service Provider
5. Renting Your Own London Gatwick Airport Taxi
6. 4 Steps To Take Before You Scrap Your Junk Car
Author: Jackson Harris
7. Automotive Washer System Market Expand At The Fastest Cagr Of 3% During The Forecast Period 2019-
Author: Research Report Insights
8. 3 Ways To Ensure A Safe Ride With A Gps Tracker
Author: Unknown Member
9. Adding Car Stereo Installation To Your Auto Shop
Author: Justin Gabriel
10. Know The Ultimate Impacts Of Collision Repairs Calgary
Author: Rudys Auto Refinishing Collision
11. Auto Repairs: How To Check Out Any Local Garage
Author: Rickey Gregg
12. How To Find Car Shop And Car Repairing Services In Glenview
Author: Kim Jordan
13. How To Take Care Of Your New Car
Author: Joe Fowler
14. Best Areas To Install Security Cameras At Home
Author: Gary Smith
15. Things To Look Before You Purchase Or Hire Box Trailer In Yorkshire
Author: Emma Denton